Ewelink component request

Anyone can do Ewelink (sonoff) components

They work great with HA if you flash them with https://github.com/arendst/Sonoff-Tasmota/tree/development/sonoff firmware. Ewelink won’t work after the firmware is changed.

My problem is use 4 sonoff with tasmota ( Work very well) but i cant “controler” with Google Assistant on my phone.
Anyone have idea ? Tasmota with Google assistant ( or AKA GooglePI)?

1 Like

You get a vote from me! It would be cleaner to not have to reflash the software to be able to use them with home assistant! Ewelink does have an api and all

1 Like

Would certainly open them up to a lot more people who are too scared to try flashing them or don’t need the extra functions the likes of Tasmoto gives you.

For least hassle, IFTTT is the obvious answer as it always is for controlling almost anything in HA with GA.

I bought google mini (original)…anyone can help control use tasmota with GA? This is possible to do?

No different to any other switch/light that you control via HA.

Would be nice to link straight with ewelink to avoid having to flash or set up scripts with IFTTT. I’ve already installed a light switch, so I’d have to power down and start from scratch just to flash tasmota.

1 Like

Just as an update, I managed to integrate it via IFTTT, however using the webhooks trigger and ewelink action, IFTTT says the script will run “within an hour”. That’s not exactly timely for a light switch, so unfortunately I’ll have to attempt to flash Tasmota.

You should be looking at it as bonus because of all the new functions you’ll now have access to :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess that’s true. Flashing the Sonoff S20 was great, however the T1 light switch I have seems much more complicated.

1 Like

I definitely vote this one, and for several reasons.
First of all, flashing means voiding warranty. Yes, it’s cheap, but if you need to automate a house you need many, that means many warranty voided, etc…
Second, flashing is a pain in the neck. Hardware is not difficult for Basic Switch, still you need to solder. Touch series is much more complicated, so are others. Morover software need to be customized for every switch, flashing don’t always work, if you want to automate a house it takes HOURS.
Third: if you are a professional and want to sell or install Sonoff or similar products, flashing and voiding warranty means that YOU become the warrantor, and this stop anyone from doing it.
Fourth and very important to me: ewelink control a lot bounch of switches, not only Sonoff. Many of them might be better, or cheaper than Sonoff, or maybe more suitable for some need. Try looking on Amazon or Alibaba for smart switch (you did that already some times, didn’t you? :laughing: ) you’ll finde a lot.
A Ewelink component would open HA to all of them, including smart plug etc.
Think about that, AND VOTE! :grin:

1 Like

Would be nice to link straight with ewelink to avoid having to flash. I am using a switch lx-wifi-03o https://fccid.io/2ANKOLX-WIFI-03O/User-Manual/User-manual-3554904

waiting for this myself.
also have the LX-WIFI-O30

Hi,
I’m from Sonoff.
Currently, Ewelink can’t work with HA, but we can provide you with API to help you realize it. If you want, please contact us on our official site.(https://www.itead.cc/contact-us)

9 Likes

I sent a message thru the contact form, will keep the thread posted in case of the reply…

2 Likes

@radinsky:
Any news from Sonoff/Itead?
I’m really interested in this topic

Nuno, have you solved? You have to connect GA to Home Assistant, so you can control your Tasmota (and everything else) from Google Assistant.
If you don’t know how look at this:

BUT read my comment under the video (Hello Adrian, it’s me again… etc) , because it has to be done with some difference from what the video says.
Feel free to contact me if you have problems.

How embarrassing, 10 days, still no response. Send them ping thru their tickets system…