eWeLink integration to use Sonoff

On github a guy recreated the Sonoff server, basically, if I understand correctly, no need to flash and you would still run them locally,

Link to this ?

It’s been posted several times on here over the past six months or more, just have a search, but in essence is considered far too much work for the benefit it offers.

Or use IFTTT Switches to mimic their state in HA. Not perfect but works fine if with no flashing.

No doubt. I just got 2 duals in the mail. Opened the box, popped it open, stuck my header in the slot, put a jumper on GPIO 0 and hit flash. Probably had them flashed before the mail truck finished the neighborhood. Minutes of work and adds so many features. Best of all it just works.

Can you explain me how to do this with IFTTT?

Using command_line switch to call turn On and Off the Sonoff via HA > IFTTT

switch:

More here: https://www.home-assistant.io/components/ifttt/

Next only works if your HA is exposed to internet.
To Sync the HA UI with Sonoff if turned on manually or elsewhere. Have to set IFTTT to call the HA api call to turn off or on the UI. This is how my IFTTT config looks like.

In short for a single Sonoff Switch there will 4 IFTTT applets, two to handle the On and Off via HA command lines and two to sync the UI.

Basicaly involves soldering to the chip… you need those headers!!!
But there are some solderless headers like those:
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/retired/10527

I did not find on aliexpress, but it should solve your problem…

Flashing Itead Sonoff devices via original OTA mechanism!!! WORKING!!!
After a lot of search, I could find this excellent project to change the firmware to this switch lx-wifi-03o without soldering nothing !!! I changed the firmware to 3 of my devices today and they are work ing perfect.

This is a script to update a Sonoff device from the stock firmware to Sonoff-Tasmota purely over WiFi.

Is it possible to flash a sonoff smart plug with Tasmota?

Yes. I have a few S20 and S31 plugs in my home.

i’m using sonoff without flashing with my own fork of simple sonoff server and custom component for lights

Its possible to have a detail for Sync the HA UI with Sonoff if turned on manually or elsewhere?
Thanks

I have 3x Sonoff Pow with SonOTA (OTA method). I also have 3 x S20 Plugs connected via IFTTT. I am getting more items from Sonoff. Why I am interested in Tasmota was due to the fact that
a) IFTTT rely on internet/IFTTT webhoocks and also Ewlink servers
b) IFTTT method does not provide me a status in HA- if it is on or off

With Tasmota- I have to waste lot of time, forfeit my claim for warranty and easy of use with Ewlink app (not all people at a home would like HA- wife and kids)

However now I know that status update does not work correct with Tasmota - in the sense when HA is restarted it loose the state even when you do this -> in Tasmota Console enter the command " PowerRetain 1 "

So only the advantage we have with all the trouble with Tasmota flashing/ loosing warranty and access to Ewlink app is little bit faster on/off?

Well we do not have to flash other items like boradlink devices or Hue etc etc and the components added work with HA. Why people refuse to make a component to Sonoff is difficult to understand because Tasmota is NOT a good solution unless we figure out a way around with MQTT to show the correct status in HA. Because without that we have to go to each plug/ unit and see if that is on /off!!! might as well turn on off plug good old way!

1 Like

My Tasmotized Sonoffs do show the correct status after a restart… not sure why you think they don’t/won’t.

1 Like

you will need 1 FTDI adapter the Amazon link from @vrt or this one from AliExpress are perfect

I would like to flash my first Sonoff basic but I’m a bit confused how to do this. Can I plug the FTDI directly into the sonoff or do I need a cable to connect the right pins? And is it also necessary to solder things together?

You’ll need some header pins and won’t have to solder them in you can just hold them to flash. I needed short cables as the USB I purchased just had pins but your adapter might have a cable attached.

Thanks,

I am planning to buy this adapter

So I think I need, for instance this cables. Is this right?

Yeah you’ll need cables and header pins

@Marco_Lupieri The ScreenShot is the Sync with HA UI part. Triggers when the Sonoff turn ON/OFF and call the HA API via WebHooks to refresh the state.