Expander | Accordion | Collapsible Card

I created/forked this Expander Accordion card because I frequently use it in my own Home Assistant user interface. The card allows various sections to be expanded and collapsed, providing a clean and organized display of information. Unfortunately, the original version of this card is no longer being maintained by the original author. Therefore, I decided to fork this project and continue its development. A heartfelt thank you to the original author @Alia5 for the fantastic project and inspiration!

If you need to add specific technical details or features of the card, feel free to let me know!

12 Likes

@paddy0174 here we go :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice, I like it.

1 Like

i’ve been running the fork by " [spencermamer ] for awhile , well basically since he forked it from Alia5 (and Alia5 “abandoned/dropped” his)

Now “spencermamer” seems to have removed his from both github and HACS :open_mouth: :roll_eyes: … very odd “move”

Is this some kind of curse , which path you will “maintain” :laughing: ?

Anyhow im thankful, and will make the “transfer” coming days :+1:

Highly Appreciated

EDIT: Turned out “spencermamer” just Renamed his fork, so the url had changed in Github, and probably the same reason it’s “lost” in HACS .

However , i still already find more “trust” in your engagement :slight_smile:

Done, im in, change made already
Working just fine:

1 Like

Thanks for your work. I’m having a problem where the changes made to the cards are not being saved.
When I set them up they worked fine. But when I try to make changes, nothing

The cards are all basic entities cards

With some cards there is an issue when there is a inner yaml editor: see Card Mod Removed · Issue #180 · MelleD/lovelace-expander-card · GitHub

One workaorund is to use the yaml mode or create a bug and add more infos

1 Like

I’m not sure if I am missing something here but despite downloading the files unzipping and placing in the config/www/community directory I get an error that the card can not be found when I try to add the card in yaml… I note that there is no js file in the download titled lovelace-expander-card-master. Can anyone put me right on this. Thanks.

Why you don’t use HACS?

And why you don’t follow the instruction in the README?I see no step to download a zip :wink:

Where do you download “lovelace-expander-card-master”? I never saw this before

:slight_smile: Btw. you can’t avoid this as developer on Github. It will be automatically generated (the zip). I haven’t found a way to disable it.

1 Like

Yes this is cloning the repo, but also don’t get it why it is the master because the branch is main :grinning:.
But nevertheless better follow the introduction on the README to install it :sweat_smile:

Request for assistance with visual editor found on reddit: https://old.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/1eweh5f/request_help_readding_ui_editor_support_to_the/