Experience with flashing Tasmota on Sonoff Zigbee Bridge & devices, is it flawless? And how do those compare with Aqara Zigbee sensors?

anybody now the way to a device connected to tasmota bridge work with alexa ?? i set bridge like Hue bridge but alexa don’t see them and all devices on sonoff bridge .

How did you upgrade them? Which versions were you on previously?

i upgrade sonoff zigbee bridge like Markb1 suggested 2 post before .
tasmota 9.1.0 (look like old version )

and https://github.com/arendst/Tasmota/blob/e7cbd4f00191025254ed9ff577a3f243a0c81c06/tools/fw_SonoffZigbeeBridge_ezsp/ncp-uart-sw_6.7.8_115200.ota?raw=true

Ok, that’s what I did too but it was really frustrating when I had to re-pair all my devices.

any issue ??? read people have a lots of problems . work ok all devices on alexa ??

I’m running ZHA but why not use both possibility.

You’ve misunderstood how this works, you either set up the bridge to use Zigbee2Tasmota, in which case everything is handled on the bridge and offers the pretend to be a Hue option, OR you set it to bypass all that and use Home Assistant to handle everything and Tasmota literally just forwards the Zigbee data to Home Assistant. Effectively, it then becomes a dumb double bridge, from zigbee to wifi and then wifi to ZHA.

Exactly, you can’t mix the two. Once you turn on ZHA mode on the bridge the Tasmota side of the system has no “hooks” into the Zigbee radio. It’s all dealt with by HA.

1 Like

Constructive feedback wanted in home-assistant.io/issues/17170 if you think Sonoff ZBBridge should be lísted in ZHA integration documentation as in the top of the list of “known working radio modules” or not:

Don’t blame an excellent piece of hardware for your wifi being crappy. From my personal experience and what I’ve seen from many others who use the ZBBridge, I wish more ‘smart’ devices were as stable and reliable as this one.

There’s nothing on the ZHA page to suggest it’s a top choice and there is even a warning that basically says if your wifi is crappy you may see errors.

Post constructive feedback in -> https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant.io/issues/17170

Valid arguments with backing for reasoning will be heard. Non-constructive criticism will be ignored.

Appears your issue has been closed because it isn’t one :laughing:

The reasoning is in a big green box on the ZHA page and there was nothing non-constructive in my response, you need to sort your wifi, might be as simple as the positioning of the ZBBridge.

Didn’t have you down as a troll, just someone who likes putting blame where it’s not deserved.

Okay, no more food for you, promise.

Please keep the discussion civil.

The generic situation is, that Wifi as communication approach is not 100% reliable, that is for any device using Wifi for communication.
Bottomline, for real rock solid communication to a Zigbee bridge/transceiver you need a hard-wired connection to your local LAN (via an ethernet connection, or directly with a USB port).

That is also the reason that I would never buy an alarm system using Wifi connectivity (or 433 Mhz ‘fire and forget’) between the sensors and the central alarm controller.

1 Like

Mine works perfectly and I’ve never seen that error in my logs so I would happily recommend it.

1 Like