Export cards to png/jpeg

Is there a way to export a card to png/jpeg ?

Example use is notifictions to phones ( signal messager, telegram etc ) so a well as text, a plot can be sent as well.

There is no way to do this at the moment.

Don’t forget to vote for your own request.

Another use case is showing the card on the Android home screen using the camera widget. We no longer have WebView widgets but this will be close enough.

This would also be cool to use in an email notification or push message.

another use case could be displaying it on esphome device if there was an option to schedule the export (i.e. autosave at specified intervals)

I imagine the best way to do this would be with a snapshot service call to export the required image. You could easily automate this with a time trigger if you want it done automatically rather than on demand when sending a notification.

Not sure how feasible this request is but it would be really handy.

At the moment it requires an additional container to get this functionality. Having this internally in home-assistant would simplify things for me a lot. I use screenshots in morning agenda notifications and e-ink Homeplate dashboard.

1 Like

would you be able to provide more info on your setup how you take that screenshot?

Sure, I followed this project
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/homeplate-e-ink-dashboard-with-inkplate-10
Basically, the only part you’ll need is that container

It will create a snapshot of any dashboard’s tab, you’ll point it to. They you can just send it using preferred notification service, supporting URL Links to png images (e.g. telegram).

Exporting cards to PNG or JPEG sounds like a handy feature, especially for messaging apps. I remember needing to send plots and charts through messages too. One thing that helped was using JPG compress to keep the file sizes manageable without sacrificing quality. It’s like finding the perfect fit for your digital messages.