Face and person detection with Deepstack - local and free!

it seemed a person to me too!

@robmarkcole

VSCODE is only running op pi with hassio 64 bit versions, you probably have a 32 bit version (so have i) (https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2020/02/19/community-highlights/)

Thanks for the tip!

Deepstack is now 100% free :grin:

3 Likes

Wow that’s big news, how will they earn revenue though to keep enhancing and keeping it alive?

It seems to have stopped working since they release the free version. Noticed 401’s in the container logs so checked the docs and they have removed the API key env variable…I have updated my stack and removed the API key from both the compose file and the HA config…

Now see that its returning 200’s:

Container logs:
[GIN] 2020/05/05 - 12:37:48 | 200 | 194.66148ms | 172.16.13.4 | POST /v1/vision/detection

Here is my HA config:

image_processing:
  - platform: deepstack_object
    ip_address: deepstack
    port: 5000
    #api_key: secret! deepstack_api
    #scan_interval: 30 # Optional, in seconds
    confidence: 50
    save_file_folder: /config/www/front/
    save_timestamped_file: True
    source:
      - entity_id: camera.front
        name: deepstack_person_detector_front
  - platform: deepstack_object
    ip_address: deepstack
   #confidence: 50
    #api_key: secret! deepstack_api
    #scan_interval: 30 # Optional, in seconds
    save_file_folder: /config/www/back/
    source:
      - entity_id: camera.rear
        name: deepstack_person_detector_back

Any ideas?

Ta in advance!

@sunny1283 the business model is to provide free use for individuals, and make money from enterprise customers with special needs.

@jonwilliams what is the problem, all looks fine?

1 Like

Hi,

Ok - now I have removed the api key (and rebooted HA!); the one camera is working and the ‘last_person’ image is being saved. My other camera (back) isn’t! While I see the 200 in the Deepstack container logs, it’s not detecting ‘people’ for some reason.

Ta

Jon

It seems that it is actually working - however its hit and miss now.

Please note, we are in config talking about the api_key which you can configure to secure the deepstack endpoint. This should not be confused with the ‘product key’ that was previously required to ‘activate’ your deepstack software.
Note I did just try out the noavx image and it doesn’t appear to be updated yet. I am personally waiting to see the open sourced code before making any judgements about how this product will develop.
Cheers

Cheers, seems to be working now. But I have had to disable Face detect and recognise for some reason. Not too bothered about that anyway. :slight_smile:

Hi have hassio installation and follow the guide robmarkole guide.
Now whe i try to call the service service image_processing.scan with image_processing.deepstack_person_detector i receive this error:

"Logger: homeassistant.components.image_processing
Source: components/image_processing/init.py:128
Integration: Elaborazione immagini (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 8:18:49 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:18:49

Error on receive image from entity: Camera not found"

The deepstack is activated and my configuration is:

camera 11:

• platform: local_file
    file_path: /config/snapshots/test.jpg

image_processing:

• platform: deepstack_object
    ip_address: 192.168.1.12
    save_file_folder: /config/deepst
    target:
    • person
    • car
      source:
    • entity_id: camera.local_foto
      name: deepstack_person_detector

Any help please.
Thank you

I’ve made some more test and the curl command picture is working as aspect.
There is a problem in the hassio side. the entity is unknow.
end the message is still : Error on receive image from entity: Camera not found.
If i’m implementing the card on hassio, i’m able to see the image.

OK. Found the issue my self again.
thx

Hi ArnoNel - did you ever figure out how to do this? Just watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwoonl5JKgo - awesome setup but I am on Ring and dont want to switch away just yet.

Hello @robmarkcole

I see you have done a version update with some breaking changes. Is there anything I need to do with my configuration before I apply the update?

Yes, as described in the release notes

Thanks. I’ll do the update and see if anything breaks.

Please keep discussion to deepstack topic

Hi,

It seems that after updating the latest Deepstack compoment, it provides me with old pictures and not new ones. I tried looking in the documentation and the only thing I saw that was changes was the “target” to “targets”.

What else have I missed?

EDIT: I found the reason. So it looks like the file is now also being named xxxxxxxx_latest_person but now just latest.