Failed add tuya integration

Home Assistant 2021.6.2

When tried to add tuya integration, it shows popup:
Aborted
Failed to connect

Is this integration currently not working? Any workaround?

Thanks.

1 Like

I also experience problems with an existing tuya integration: since this evening it’s not responding anymore.
Devices can still be controlled with the android tuya app though…

Same with mine tuya integration seems to be borked but app is still usable also looked on there Facebook page people reporting tuya is down pretty much globally but no response as of yet from the company

Same here. Awoke, today, to find that I can only control my Tuya devices directly through the Tuya app. Home Assistant is still showing the Tuya entities and allows me to change their settings but the settings are not going through to Tuya.

link?

(app works of course, because it goes direct… sigh)

WARNING (SyncWorker_15) [tuyaha.tuyaapi] control device error, error code is DependentServiceUnavailable

(incase someone is searching the forum…)

This is from Tuya’s support chat-bot:

Dear user,
From 22:24 on June 10, 2021, UTC, your device, App, or third-party voice control may be unavailable due to the failure of the AWS data center network and services. We have worked with AWS to handle this issue and it has been resumed.
If you are facing this situation, it is suggested that you can try again later. You can raise a ticket by tap “Me - FAQ & Feedback - Feedback / Suggestions” in the APP.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused, and thank you for your support!

1 Like

Indeed, working again over here!

Thanks @mark_wiese for this information. :+1:

1 Like

agreed - integration seems to be working now

Yep, back online, here, too.

Imagine that you have critical devices with tuya…
I had only 1 light that I needed and it’s even more clear why I don’t want at least possible in the cloud!

1 Like

Yep, cloud dependency hell.

anyone tried tuyalocal, I checked the github it seems to complicated to setup, there are many manual configuration?

its on my list. unfortunately, in the “too hard to do just yet” bucket

I seem to be experiencing this same issue as of today. Integration was working for 9 months the suddenly stopped. The integration continued to fail to load when restarting Home Assistant so I was forced to remove.

When I attempt to authenticate while reinstalling the Tuya Integration I simply receive the error “Failed to Connect”. I’m using the Smart Life app with my devices.

Anyone else seeing this / any suggestions?

1 Like

Just seen this. Mine is still offline. Tuya custom failed to load.
I use smartlife and has been solid for 18+ months

Got local tuya with my devices but oddly lost 4 of those devicies also

Same here. This and Amazon Media Player stopped authenticating. Jesus Christ there’s not a moment of peace.

1 Like

not becoming so automated. I have a lot relying on tuya custom. Hope it will come back online today.
Otherwise I’ll need to modify so many nodered flows to use local tuya(just recently installed that)

It’s back online yeah

Not here. Still can’t connect.

Still out in Australia.

THIS is why cloud control in integrations is no good. Too unreliable to rely on cloud APIs. I totaly understand why HA have had to do what Tuya say with the new official integration (after all, Tuya can just block access to local APIs if they want), but I sure wish the official integration it was local only.

1 Like