Failed add tuya integration

its on my list. unfortunately, in the “too hard to do just yet” bucket

I seem to be experiencing this same issue as of today. Integration was working for 9 months the suddenly stopped. The integration continued to fail to load when restarting Home Assistant so I was forced to remove.

When I attempt to authenticate while reinstalling the Tuya Integration I simply receive the error “Failed to Connect”. I’m using the Smart Life app with my devices.

Anyone else seeing this / any suggestions?

1 Like

Just seen this. Mine is still offline. Tuya custom failed to load.
I use smartlife and has been solid for 18+ months

Got local tuya with my devices but oddly lost 4 of those devicies also

Same here. This and Amazon Media Player stopped authenticating. Jesus Christ there’s not a moment of peace.

1 Like

not becoming so automated. I have a lot relying on tuya custom. Hope it will come back online today.
Otherwise I’ll need to modify so many nodered flows to use local tuya(just recently installed that)

It’s back online yeah

Not here. Still can’t connect.

Still out in Australia.

THIS is why cloud control in integrations is no good. Too unreliable to rely on cloud APIs. I totaly understand why HA have had to do what Tuya say with the new official integration (after all, Tuya can just block access to local APIs if they want), but I sure wish the official integration it was local only.

1 Like

Still a no go for me, although sometimes now seeing the message “Unknown error occurred” when attempting to authenticate.

On the subject of local tuya, will that work with tuya based light bulbs?

Well our friends at tuya believe its the only way and local control really isn’t needed as per the comment here.

Tuya Official Home Assistant Integration on Github now! - Third party integrations - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

The default Tuya integration started working again here. Devices work and can be controlled from HA again.

Not working for me in the UK. HomeAssistant has shown it unavailable since 00:00:12 BST 4th October, and a separate app that I have that also uses the Tuya HA API has stopped working at the same time.

Hi! Things were working as expected for me but today I’ve changed my router and I the Tuya Devices were not connecting so I’ve decided to delete the integration and reconnect.

Now I’m getting a “Unknown error ocurred” when trying to connect to the integration.

Any ideas? I even tried created another Cloud Project in the tuya platform but same error. Is there any cache in Home Assistant that I can try to delete regarding the previous integration maybe? (not sure if that’s the reason but I can’t see more information)

To add more info to it. It doesn’t matter what info I put in the 5 fields that need to be filled, real or not, I always get the Unknown error

1 Like

Did you restart HA between the delete and re-install ?

I restarted HA several times yes.

Are there any logs that might give a hint as to what’s happening behind the scenes?

I don’t see anything in the HA logs relevant to that :confused:

Inspecting the network when making the resquest is returning the following:

scheme
	http
host
	192.168.1.205:8123
filename
	/api/config/config_entries/flow/e95f7a13ef1840e2aece9eeee368aefd

Response:

500 Internal Server Error

Server got itself in trouble

Can you tell me what was the solution to it? I facing this same as you now

Has anyone found a solution to this error?