🔹 favicon - Change the favicon or title of your Home Assistant interface

From time to time people ask how to change the favicon of their Home Assistant browser tabs.

Now there’s an easy way!

10 Likes

Wow! Thanks man!

There’s now support for changing titles and favicons from the configuration panel!

2 Likes

Hey @thomasloven, thanks for another great plugin.

Is it possible to change icon on Android when using the Chrome ‘Add to Homescreen’ option?

It it in release 3. I’ll try to add that feature back next week.

Do you think it is possible to add the number of unread notifications (persistent ones) and/or alerts to be displayed in the favicon?

Or just the possibility to add numbers to the favicon dynamically, so it can be automated.
like this:

@thomasloven Is this platform specific?, favicon doesn’t show up under integrations in Hassbian.

Nice.

Isn’t that a bit heavy on the browser though? It counts the number of persistent notifications every second.
It’d very much like to have something that is not polling the notifications but it is getting notified about them.

Though this could probably may only be solved by modifying the frontend heavily?

Thanks @thomasloven i have got it working but noticed that the colour of the icon changes back to blue after about 5 secsond of refreshing the page.

Found out it was the custom-cards/favicon-counter that was putting it back so i have now disabled favicon-counter.