Feedback on the new brightness_increase/decrease automations

I’m using the Symfonisk audio controller with HUSBZB-1 (ZHA) usb device and Hue lights and wanted to share this feedback on the new brightness_increase/decrease options in 106.

I also have Lutron Aurora dimmers and would essentially like the Symfonisk to function the same way. Two pieces of feedback:

1. The brightness increase/decrease speed should be adjustable. Right now it is too slow (compared to the Aurora) and it takes much more turning to achieve the same effect that I expect from a standard electrical rotary dimmer (I’m US based so maybe this is different elsewhere).

2. I would like an option to disable the “turn all the way left to turn it off” functionality. My use case is turning the lights on (from off state) to the dimmest possible setting, like in the morning or late at night. With the Aurora dimmer I can rotate left for a light that is off and know that it will come on at the dimmest setting. Also gives me the option to dim the light all the way, which I have to fiddle to achieve with the current automation.

Either way this is working great for me so far, happy to have this in HA! But I think these two settings would help usability.

Make a feature request or write up a feature request on github

You can double the increase/decrease action for your light devices in your automation. It does the trick.

Oh! Im looking for this exactly.

alias: Diskbänken Dimmra ljuset uppåt
description: ''
trigger:
  - device_id: 74f9bc566212a5c19dac1068f9abf7ba
    domain: deconz
    platform: device
    type: remote_button_short_press
    subtype: dim_up
condition: []
action:
  - type: brightness_increase
    device_id: 5239d800d5e8ec51217c579e2de192f9
    entity_id: light.diskbanken
    domain: light
mode: single

How can i Make this “fade up” over 1 second?