Few questions on Velux KLF200 before purchase

Hi,
I have two Velux roof windows that I control with two Velux KLR 100 remotes. However, I would prefer if I could automate the process of opening and closing the windows, e.g. based on temperature. I’ve researched the topic, and come to the conclusion, that I need to buy a Velux KLF 200 gateway to control the windows. First of all, have I missed any devices, that are preferable over Velux KLF 200?

Next, before I splash my hard-earned money on a KLF200, I would like to know if it is still possible to control the windows using the remotes after I have installed the KLF200?
Is a wired LAN connection to the KLF200 required? From these post it seems to be Velux KFL200 HA configuration - #26 by ChrisliP and Velux Component for KLF 200 doesn't support the new API with Firmware 2.0.0.71 - #94 by wmaker

Any general feedback on Velux KLF200 is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Jorgensen

1 Like

The following user says Velux-Active is now the preferred way according to Velux.

Yes

Yes

Sometimes the HA connection to the KLF200 hangs, particularly after an HA reboot, and the KLF200s need to be power cycled to recover. It can be a pain for some users.

I’ll go buy the KLF200, thanks for the information Tommy.

@Jorgensen - Did you get one?

Mine unit just died, after about 5yrs. It appears to no longer be available but I am trying to contract Velux support…

UPDATE - So you can still purchase KLF200, my information was wrong. You can get it directly from Velux website. Its $272 + Tax and $20 shipping from Velux (US price). Tech support said it has a 5-year warranty, but my unit was 7 years old.