FIAT 500e (UConnect)

i think its currently not possible with only the fiat api . its too slow … you would have to wait at least for next refresh for it to realize its “home”. the official fiat app has some sort of geofencing support (called “drive alerts”) but it requires a extra service which have to be paid after 3 years :confused: maybe i can fetch the notifications that are shown inside the app (top right bell icon) and if “drive alerts” is using these notifications then maybe home assistant can react to changes. :smiley:

ok
let’s hope so
let me know if you find the solution

Finally but I have one question.
Is there a way to install the Addon without Store? I have only the Core Version installed via Docker on my NAS. That would be great.

Thank you!

you need would need to install the docker container manually and then set the environment variables the ha supervisor normally exports at startup. it will work because thats the way i use it locally to develop but its not documented and bit more complicated. environment variables that needs to be set are found in FiatChamp/run.sh at a20e186237253faf15ac3689d3d0337ac29d7efd · wubbl0rz/FiatChamp · GitHub

export FiatChamp_MqttServer="192.168.1.1";                                                                                                        
export FiatChamp_MqttPort="1883"; 
export FiatChamp_MqttUser="mqtt"; 
export FiatChamp_MqttPw="XXXXXXX"; 
export FiatChamp_FiatUser="X@XXXXXX"; 
export FiatChamp_FiatPw="XXXXXXXXXX"; 
export FiatChamp_FiatPin="XXXX"; 
export FiatChamp_Debug=true; 
export FiatChamp_UseFakeApi=false; 
export FiatChamp_ConvertKmToMiles=false; 
export FiatChamp_DevMode=false; 
export FiatChamp_HomeAssistantUrl="https://abc.def.xyz"; 
export FiatChamp_SupervisorToken=XXXXXXX; 
export FiatChamp_Brand="Jeep"; 
export FiatChamp_Region="Europe";

this are the docker images:

and you need to manually update it and change the environment variables if i add more options to the addon. it will be unpleasant to maintain.

Tried to update from 3.0.0 to 3.0.2 but receive the error message:

Error updating FiatChamp: No update available for add-on d6ed25d9_fiat_champ

Until today updating the FiatChamp has always worked…

updated it myself yesterday and it only complained about missing settings. thats because the addon now has a region settings… which is needed for jeep users because they use different settings between europe and america.

could it be that you need to just to refresh the page and go to settings and select a region ? maybe the error message is just weird :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

if its not working have a look in the supervisor logs if it says anything whats wrong with the update. nothing has really changed beside the new region setting.

hm because of your comment i found a bug with the region selection :smiley: 3.0.3 will be up in a few minutes. but if it still does not start please look in the supervisor logs.

I could update to 3.0.3 without issues. Don’t know what the previous issue was. Maybe some hiccup.

1 Like

Hi
i try to install it on docker version only (without supervisor) so without supervisor token ==> i have error
i use docker pull Package image-amd64-fiat-champ · GitHub image

s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: starting
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully started
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: starting
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: starting
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services: starting
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services successfully started
curl: (6) Could not resolve host: supervisor
[16:40:26] ERROR: Something went wrong contacting the API
curl: (6) Could not resolve host: supervisor
[16:40:26] ERROR: Something went wrong contacting the API
/run.sh: line 18: SUPERVISOR_TOKEN: unbound variable

i use this docker compose file :

version: '3.8'
services:
################################################
  # Fiat
################################################
  fiat:
    image: "ghcr.io/wubbl0rz/image-amd64-fiat-champ:3.0.3"
    container_name: fiat
    restart: unless-stopped
    networks:
      - MyHaNet
    volumes:
      - /home/xxx/Docker/fiat/config:/config
    environment:
       - FiatChamp_MqttServer="172.25.0.20" #same network as moquitto
       - FiatChamp_MqttPort="1883"
       - FiatChamp_MqttUser="xxxxx"
       - FiatChamp_MqttPw="xxxx"
       - FiatChamp_FiatUser="[email protected]"
       - FiatChamp_FiatPw="xxxxxxx"
       - FiatChamp_FiatPin="xxxx"
       - FiatChamp_Debug=true
       - FiatChamp_UseFakeApi=false
       - FiatChamp_ConvertKmToMiles=false
       - FiatChamp_DevMode=false
       - FiatChamp_HomeAssistantUrl="https://<HA_IP>:8123"
       - FiatChamp_SupervisorToken=
       - FiatChamp_Brand="Fiat"
       - FiatChamp_Region="Europe"

networks:
  MyHaNet:
    external: true

Thanks a lot for the description, that seems really laborious for non supervised users.
Just a humble question, why is it not possible to implement the Addon to the Core Version?
Because of me via HACS if official not possible?

Thanks in advance for your further explanations.

What do you mean? It’s available as an add-on from Home Assistant core (supervised). No need for bloody HACS…

you mean as a core python integration ? my python sucks :laughing: but thats only part of the issue. the addon does alot of background processing maybe it would slow down home assistant if all of that is running in the main home assistant event loop (even with async). and idk if some things would even be possible when running inside of home assistant for example using the amazon aws iot mqtt connection to get realtime errors from the car.

i see it looks like it cannot work standalone. it uses home assistant functions to get the mqtt server and supervisor token at startup. to test it locally i run it with dotnet and export the needed environment variables. i built it as a home assistant addon from day one. i cannot recommend to run it standalone.

Thanks for the explaination again. Then it seems to be the addon is not usable for me.
Too bad but I understand the problems behind.

This looks exciting. Trying to get it set up for my Jeep 4xe, but keep getting:

[22:22:15 INF] Now fetching new data...
[22:22:15 WRN] Error connecting to the FIAT API. 
This can happen from time to time. Retrying in 15 minutes.
[22:22:15 INF] Fetching COMPLETED. Next update in 15 minutes.

So far that’s been going on for about 3 hours. I’ve not seen good data, so I’m not sure if this is a transient issue, new current or permanent limitation, or if I’ve just misconfigured something.

pls make a github issue with car, vendor and region. not every combination has been tested yet and they have very weird rules which api endpoints are called. the only thing i know for sure is fiat EU is working because thats what my car is using. you can activate debug too and see where its failing. but do not post unfiltered debug logs because they contain sensitive data.

1 Like

@electricdelicate @Pampersfr

since 3.0.4 it will work standalone. have a look at the github readme. GitHub - wubbl0rz/FiatChamp: FIAT (uconnect) Home Assistant Addon 🚗

I’m looking for something similar for the Chrysler Pacifica. There seems to be a home bridge integration for it. It’s a newer car, but it seems to use the mopar site.

Has anyone tried this? GitHub - wubbl0rz/FiatChamp: FIAT (uconnect) Home Assistant Addon 🚗

I think that is what this whole thread is about. And yes, I have that working to connect the wife’s 500e to HA.