Fibaro FGBS222 smart implant for monitoring

Hi, I have the Fibaro z-wave FGBS222 smart implant connected to my home assistant. Inclusion worked fine, and I can switch the outputs in Home Assistant, but I do not see how to read either of the 2 inputs. I plan to use the state of the inputs, open or closed, to measure the amount of time a pressure switch (operating a water pump) is closed. I need to know that the pump is not on for long periods.

There are a bunch of entities for the FGBS222 but none of them show changes when I open or close the circuit.

Any tips on how to configure for this device?

Thanks

Jeremy Cook

Jeremy,

Did you found the solution to this?
I have 2 smart implants now and Iā€™m trying to integrate these into hassio. I wanted to use one to check status of garage doors and close/open them. The second woul dbe used to monitor presence of robotic mover in base station. So far I integrated both implants into z-wave network, but only can see few parameter in read only mode :frowning: I have same problem not being able to check status of binary inputs nor to see any scene being activated after change of status of these inputs :frowning:
How did you managed to get outputs working? I do not see any switch being associated with these? Do you trigger any zwave scene to change their state?
Iā€™m still digging into this around the web, but available info is very limitedā€¦ Iā€™m afraid it might require some manual intervention on zwcfg_xxx.xml file, similar to one needed for Aeotec Wallmoteā€¦ but this is the case well described in hassio documentation.

Best regards,
mirekmal

I use the smart-implant for my doorbell like this:

- id: '123456'
  initial_state: True
  alias: Deurbel Alarm
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: switch.fibaro_system_fgbs222_smart_implant_switch_2
    to: 'on'
  action:
  - service: camera.snapshot
    data_template:
      entity_id: camera.generic_camera
      filename: "/config/www/snapshots/snapshot.jpg"
  - service: persistent_notification.create
    data:
      title: 'Deurbel'
  - service: notify.telegram
    data:
      title: '*Deurbel*'
      data:
        photo:
          - url: "https://myhomeassist.nl/local/snapshots/snapshot.jpg"

Notice that you have to set the input operating mode to ā€˜monostable buttonā€™ for the device. You can do that in the zwave config panel at node config options.

Hmā€¦ step closer. After rebooting hassio I started to see switch entities on implants and I can set state of switch from hassio interface. But:

• I see only one switch per implant (OUT1).
  • still canā€™t see any changes on inputs, not scenes being activated.
  • From your automation I read that you use switch as a triggerā€¦ so does it mean that you linked input to output at implant level, so that if input changes output linked to switch also changes triggering action you want?

In my case I want to use inputs and outpust independently. e.g. to use input to check if doors are closed but just create notification about such case. I want to use outputs to be able to close the doors eventually, if I decide it is needed. Only manually from hassio interface, no automation, especially on implant level.

Again you can set this in Zwave options. Notice the you have to configure each input separately. I know that you cab configure the implant to react with the output to any input, but am not sure if you cab make them independent.

No I havenā€™t figured this out yet. I havenā€™t had any time in the last few weeks to dig deep enough but am back on it again now,

Here is my contribution so far. I have made some progress and the following automations will show the circuit for input 1 being opened and closed. The changes can be seen in the logbook, and also the raw details in the zwave log:

- id: button_1_pressed
  alias: 'Implant Button 1 Pressed'
  trigger:
    - platform: numeric_state
      entity_id: sensor.fibaro_system_fgbs222_smart_implant_burglar
      above: 0
  action:
    - service: notify.notify
      data:
- id: button_1_released
  alias: 'Implant Button 1 Released'
  trigger:
      below: 1
  action:
    - service: notify.notify
      data:

For this to work you need to set input 1 (Node config value 20) to ā€œnormaly open alarm inputā€ using the zwave configuration panel.

However I cannot get the same to work with input 2, the only thing I have managed with input 2 is to get a scene change to be sent by the device.

Putting it all together:

The background for this project is that I want to monitor how long my drinking water well pump is running for. The well is 85m deep into the ground water, but it is possible to pump faster than it refills if the water is left running for some reason (found out the hard wayā€¦). To avoid that ever happening again I have set up a pump monitor which will let me know if there is a problem. I could also measure more accurately how much water is actually used if instead of monitoring the pump, I installed a water meter that sends an impulse for each volume that passes through. For me it is adequate to monitor the pump, and not the actual water volume so I havenā€™t installed a meter at this time.

1. After inclusion go to the zwave management panel
  2. Select the FIBARO System FGBS222 Smart Implant in the Nodes pane
  3. In the Node Config Options pane select ā€œ20: Input 1 operating modeā€
  4. Choose the Config Value ā€œNormally open alarm inputā€ and click on ā€œSET CONFIG PARAMETERā€

1. Now when you connect (and disconnect) the yellow wire of the implant to ground you should see messages in the zwave log, and events in the Logbook
  2. Now set up home-assistant:
    We add a virtual binary switch pump_pressure_switch which will turn off and on as Input 1 opens and closes, in configuration.yml include:
input_boolean:
  pump_pressure_switch:
    name: "Well pump"
    initial: "off"

and, also in configuration.yml, to measure the time the pump is on we create a history_stats sensor:

sensor:
  - platform: history_stats
    name: Pump duration last 24 hours
    state: 'on'
    entity_id: input_boolean.pump_pressure_switch
    type: time
    end: '{{ now() }}'
    duration:
      hours: 24

and now to switch the virtual pump switch (input_boolean) in automations.yml include:

- id: button_1_pressed
  alias: 'Implant Button 1 Pressed'
  trigger:
      above: 1
      below: 3
  action:
    - service: input_boolean.turn_on
      data:
- id: button_1_released
  alias: 'Implant Button 1 Released'
  trigger:
      below: 1
  action:
    - service: input_boolean.turn_off
      data:

You should now see the state of pump_pressure_switch (ymmv) change as the yellow (input 1) circuit of the Fibaro implant is opened and closed. You will also see the automation changing the state in the Logbook. The history_stats sensor will keep track of how long the pump is on (or switch is closed).

Hope this helps others.

2 Likes

@jeremyc, were you able to connect a binary sensor on IN2 (green wire)? I have no issues with IN1 (yellow wire), but IN2 does not work. Do you know why?

Note that I did change the config parameters for both In1 and IN2 to be ā€œNormally open alarm inputā€.

Also, see: Fibaro Smart Implant FGBS222

I did not get input 2 to work satisfactorily. If I recall it would not work as an alarm input. Looking around on other forums I have the impression this is a common problem. I also found out that HA is using OZW 1.4, and the latest version is OZW 1.6. I have decided to leave it for now and only use one input. Whilst it is a nuisance, my application is working with only one input used.

I donā€™t want to spend any more time investigating until the version of OZW used by HA is updated to use the latest.

2 Likes

Hi Jeremy,
I have read about your project and the Smart Implant(s) with great interest!
Perhaps you are interested in reading my findings regarding a solution about the inputs sending out Z-Wave scenes, as these do not work otherwise. Workaround based, permanent solution still needed.