Fibaro FGSD002, no state changes

@PuckStar

I see in your script that you use: notify.TelegramBotUrgent. How does that work exactly? I do not find anything about sending telegram messages with urgency.

It’s just the name I gave it :). As far as I know there is no way to sent it more urgent than other messages.
I actually wanted to use 2 bots. 1 for non urgent messages (and without notifications on my phone) and another for urgent things (which should notify me with sound etc.). But I never got it working because (or it must have changed) you can only send to 1 bot.

Then I will have to change my script so that it can work with my telegram bot :yum:

Another question:
Do you know if there is a heat alarm on the fibaro door sensor?

Yes give it the name you gave it in the config.

DOOR sensor? As far as I know the door sensor (at least mine) doesn’t have any heat detection.
If you mean Smokesensor then yes there is heat detection but I have no idea if it sends an alarm through zwave. Maybe the manual says something about it. https://manuals.fibaro.com/smoke-sensor/

Think you’re right.

Is still with a problem, the burglar function on the fibaro by sensor works fine but those at the smoke sensors I get not working. How can I simulate and see it back in the states?

Is that mentioned in this post: Fibaro FGSD002, no state changes ?
Open the lid and it should trigger.

But do you also see the value changes in the states screen in HA? I do not see anything changing and I use the right entity ID.

This person is dealing with exactly the same problem:

Well it did work in the past. I used it to test my automation and script for when there is a real fire.
Opening and closing the lid was a bit easier than holding a match at the device every time (and hearing the sound) :).
As it worked I haven’t tested it for like a year or so.
If I don’t forget I’ll test it this weekend (you may remind me Monday if I didn’t reply).

I have tried everything, but unfortunately no success.

The code also changed slightly to get it working with me, an example:

- alias: Fibaro Sensor - gang - begane grond SMOKE DETECTION
  hide_entity: true
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.fibaro__smoke_sensor__gang_begane_grond_smoke
  condition:
        - condition: state
          entity_id: sensor.fibaro__smoke_sensor__gang_begane_grond_smoke
          state: '3'
  action:
    - service: notify.telegram
      data:
        title: 'Fibaro Smoke Sensor - Gang - Begane Grond: BRANDALARM'
        message: '******* Rookmelder begane grond - gaat af! *******'

I see 255 in your code. When I test the smoke detector, the value jumps to 3. Or would the smoke detector give a different value if it actually detects smoke?

Ok so I tested this again and it’s definitely working.
Yes smoke and burglar (lid is open) is a different value but also a different attribute!

This is what I have for burglar (lid open/closed) for 1 of my sensors:

- alias: Smoke Sensor Open Woonkamer
  trigger:
    entity_id: sensor.fibaro_system_fgsd002_smoke_sensor_burglar
  condition:
      condition: or
      conditions:
          state: '3'
          state: '8'
  action:
    - service: notify.TwitterNotify
      data:
    - service: notify.TelegramBotUrgent
      data:
        title: 'Fibaro Smoke Sensor: '
    - service: script.turn_on
      data: 
        entity_id: script.smokeopen

- alias: Smoke Sensor Closed Woonkamer
  trigger:
  condition:
          state: '0'
  action:
      data:
      data: 
        entity_id: script.smokeclosed

And this is what I have for smoke detection:

- alias: Smoke Sensor SMOKE Woonkamer
  trigger:
    entity_id: sensor.fibaro_system_fgsd002_smoke_sensor_smoke
  condition:
          state: '255'
  action:
      data:
      data:
    - service: notify.maillukas
      data:
        title: '******* Rookmelder Woonkamer gaat af *******'
    - service: notify.twilio
      data:
        target:
          - +31xxxx
      data: 
        entity_id: script.smokeopen

- alias: Smoke Sensor NOSMOKE Woonkamer
  trigger:
  action:
      data:
        message: 'Rookmelder Woonkamer gestopt (handmatig of automatisch). Lichten staan nog aan.'
      data:
        message: 'Rookmelder Woonkamer gestopt (handmatig of automatisch). Lichten staan nog aan.'

In the script.smokeopen I have all my other actions like opening rollershutter, turning on all lights with full white brightness etc.

If the opening/closing lid automation doesn’t work for you (so the value in the entities page doesn’t change to 3) then you might want to try to change the Notification configuration of the sensor itself.
So open the zwave configuration of this node and look for the “2: Z-Wave notification status.”
Set that to “all notifications enabled” and click on set config. It may take a while before it’s actually send to the device. This was also mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread.

Have now adjusted the node config setting that was still on “all notifications disabled”. See if this makes the difference.

Maybe I was not entirely clear with my last question. I was wondered if testing the smoke sensor gives a different value than when the smoke detector goes off when there is actually a fire.

Because in testing the sensor I get a value changed to 3, but in your script I see a value of 255 if the sensor should go off. That is why I was not sure if there are any differences in those numbers.

Want to prevent that I will not receive a notification when there is real fire :no_mouth:

Good news!

After adjusting the z-wave config and pressing the smoke sensor button once.
Then I removed the smoke alarm from the ceiling and yes I got a message :slight_smile:

What I am left with is that I now get a notification every time I restart HA, is there a way to solve that?

Hi

I included the smoke sensor as “add node secure” and couldn’t get the changes in OZWCP ‘all notifications disabled’ to stick to ‘enabled’ time and time again. After excluding the smoke sensor and include it back again as ‘add node’ there were no problem changing the ‘all notifications disabled’ to ‘enabled’.
I have the secure node key functioning and have had no problem adding secure nodes before.

btw. this is my first post so I would like to say thanks to all who share their automations and scripts.

Thanks for sharing your experience and enjoy Home Assistant :slight_smile:

A question for “PuckStar” !
Hello,
I have a quick question about alarm automation : “Smoke Sensor - Lid Open”.
Why are you testing the value “8”, when it is not defined in the official doc?
Thanks in advance for your help !

Hi “bluesman13” :slight_smile:

To be honest I don’t remember if I copied it from somewhere else or that I once saw this status passing by as state from my device.
At least it doesn’t harm anything to have it and also it’s just about the sensor being open so nothing serious about smoke/fire.

The problem I have with these Fibaro’s is that apparently in our kitchen after like a year or so some kind of dust comes/stays on the sensor and then suddenly in the middle of the frcking night the alarm goes off (so all lights in the house turn full brightness white, rollershutter opens and I get a phone call) for no good reason.

1 of them I cleaned with a aircompressor thing (lent from someone so not readily available) last year and put it in another room. But 3 weeks ago the newly placed sensor had the same issue.

Hello “PuckStar” ,
Thank you for your quick reply !
And sorry for not being able to help you, because I am beginner with the application “HOME ASSISTANT” as well as on the “FIBARO” smoke sensor !
Cordially.

I just got one of these and trying to understand which sensors to use, there are smoke and smoke_2
Do they serve different purposes? I tried the self test and smoke changed to “3”, from 0
When I tried with real smoke it was smoke_2 that changed to 255 from 0

Default both or them are 0

Skärmklipp

If I understand the code earlier in the thread you use only the first sensor?

I use the one that changes to 255. So in your case that would be the smoke_2.

I use the one that changes to 255. So in your case that would be the smoke_2.