Fibaro RGBW Controller 2 (FGRGBW-442) - Device unknown

Thanks! Now it seems to work :slight_smile:

FYI, seems like your 112 section is not updated with what is described in the Fibaro manual (v1.1). For example, parameters 40-43 are not boolean, but short integers.

1 Like

Hi. Thank for all contributions. I was able to get Fibaro RGBW 2 (FGRGBW-442) working (kind of) with these instructions including config options. The problem I am having is with HA not getting the states updated so the toggles are all messed up. Was anyone able to get the states reflected in HA properly? Thank you

In my case the states are working correctly.

I was having that issue as well. The device has a ramp rate parameter, and it seems the update value catches it when it is in the middle of ramping.

Two ways I can think of to fix it.

1. Refresh the entity with a zwave service call (what I did, I can confirm it works): https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/z-wave/services/

2. Add a delay in your config file: Dimmer lights show as 'on' even when turned off

@HA_jr, good catch. The Zooz ZEN31 openzwave device file I took from github must be wrong. I updated my file above.

@DaveCo1701 thanks for the suggestions. Not only I get the values in the middle of ramping, but when I toggle the physical switch, HA does not update at all. I can see the ValueChanged event in the OZW log but HA does not seem to do anything with it.

I could not get the delay option to work either. I now use refresh_entity zwave service call in an automation that triggers on the power entity state change from the device. It is not ideal but it updates the entities properly within a few seconds.

Is there anyone that got this Fibaro RGBW-2 controller working correctly with OpenZwave(beta) ?

I was shipped with as 442 instead of a 441 aswell:
Is there a step-by-step guide to get it working properly?

Thanks

Anyone that made any progress with this device ?

I created a step-by-step tutorial here:

1 Like

I’m kind of late, Thanks for the tutorial, will use it when needed as i’ve replaced the fibaro with a qbino for now

Was anyone able to sucessfully use the device with the new ZwaveJS Integration (not ZWave-to-MQTT)? In there at least the device was detected, but I have several color wheels (seems like one for each channel) but nothing works… just wondering if anyone managed to operate the device with the new integration.

This is a known issue…

At the moment, the ZwaveJS integration only recognises 5 light channel entities, instead of the 6 that it should have. The missing one is the one that would show the color wheel if it were present.

See:

Well, the issue has been closed but obviously without resolving it then. I already asked in there to reopen it or if the 442 device is also affected. So far I didn’t get a response and the ticked still remains closed but not resolved… strange…

Hello, for me, it works for the 442, not for the 441. (version 2021.4.4)

Regards,

Bart

What exactly did you do to make it work? For me, the same versions do not lead to success and I still cannot get the 442 device to operate as it should. :thinking:

Same here, the colorwheel seems to change the color of the icon, but the leds itself do not.
I can get the leds in specific colors by switching the seperated switches, but that is not how it should work.

I can’t even get the LEDs to work… they remain turned off… :thinking:

This controller works with the new zwave integration so for me the problem is solved.