Fibaro RGBW with HA and Lovelace

Hi,

I have a Fibaro RGBW connected to HA as a number of devices but need to have nicely controllable in Lovelace with some color picker etc

Anyone that has some configuration to share and/or tip’s how to do it?

No-one having Fibaro RGBW and a nicely UI in Lovelace?

I have that device, it exposes 6 light entities so you just pick the ones you want to control

1. Red light
  2. Green light
  3. Blue light
  4. White light
  5. Master RGB light
  6. Last light

I only use 4 and 5

1 to 4 does exactly what you expect
5 - pretty much the same and is thus the main control for most people (Rgbw entities combined)
6. Just brings the light on with the settings it was switched off at

What else do you need.?
Just treat it as a light.

Thanks for you answer @Mutt

I have the following in a dashbord:

It works but I would like to have a UI something like this:

Do you have that?
Is it possible?
Is it possible to do an API call to HA with e.g. RGB(25,240,104)?

Looking at that, your RGBW controls take up 80% of your (single) screen interface.
I very rarely interact with my RGBW (it’s all done via automations)
My actual ‘manual interface’ exposes just the Master and the White and that takes up about 8% of the screen (2/24 's)
So no, I have nothing like that and to be honest, I’m not sure why anyone would.
Is it just because it ‘looks pretty’ ?
If that is what you want, then you’ll have to customise a card to provide it.

I have these RGBW LED-strips in my sons bedroom and would like to have a dedicated dashboard for him to control the light. He will just have a few more switches so screen size should not be an issue.
It could also be cool if could activate the effects to impress his friends :slight_smile: …however the LAPD-effect makes me sick :smiley:

I have it integrated nicely with my previous openHAB solution but now I am nearly 90% migrated to HA :wink:

Note that it is not the same scale on the both pictures

No I wasn’t looking / considering the bottom pic at all.
Just a quick ratio of the top one.

@4integration, did you have any chance to find a solution? Have same RGBW from Fibaro and some idea for my 4 years old son :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, a Colourwheel for Fibaro RGBW lights is an essential for me.

I use Domoticz currently, and a colourwheel control is standard in Domoticz, and in Fibaro’s Home Center. Not having this in HA is definitely a negative for me.

1 Like

Not really, I started to play a bit with the HA API so see if it was possible to control RGBW via API but no quick success and then other things came in between.
If possible to set the colors with API calls then I could solve my need by a separate UI for my son.
So it is still an open topic for me

@4integration did you solve the color picker issue? I remember I got it working in my first led strip. I removed it for a while and now the color picker is gone. Could be a setting in the controller I changed or HA update removed the logic for the Fibaro RGBW. It beats me…

I got it working with channel 6 and effects via channel 1

- type: entities
        entities:
          - entity: input_select.albin_rgbw
        title: Ljuseffekt
        state_color: false
      - type: 'custom:light-entity-card'
        entity: light.albin_rgbw_level_6
        effects_list: false

Via light entity card instead of embedding the device detailed card

1 Like

As the dashboard looks like right now (not fine tunded):

Complete dash:

title: Albin
views:
  - badges: []
    cards:
        entities:
          - type: 'custom:slider-entity-row'
            entity: light.fibaro_system_fgrgbwm441_rgbw_controller_level_2
            name: Red (2)
            entity: light.fibaro_system_fgrgbwm441_rgbw_controller_level_3
            name: Green (3)
            entity: light.fibaro_system_fgrgbwm441_rgbw_controller_level_4
            name: Blue (4)
            entity: light.fibaro_system_fgrgbwm441_rgbw_controller_level_5
            name: White (5)
        entities:
          - entity: input_select.albin_rgbw
        title: Ljuseffekt
        state_color: false
      - type: 'custom:light-entity-card'
        entity: light.albin_rgbw_level_6
        effects_list: false
        entities:
          - entity: light.albin_rgbw_level_6
          - entity: sensor.albin_rgbw_power_2
    path: albin
    title: Albin

2 Likes

Nice! Will try it out👍

@Mutt Question for you guys in regards to the Fibaro RGBW controller.
I do not have a Fibaro but trying to compare it to another brand.
For Entity 5. Master RGB light that you listed. When you look at that entity, is the “supported_color_modes” RGB or RGBW?

I’m running into a little control issue with my RGBW specific to the W color. So wondering how the Fibaro is recognized in HA.

It gives me a light, I click on the light, it opens like a standard light (if off). if on, the full colour wheel is displayed straight away. Under the wheel is a brightness slider.
This slider controls just the white component.

If you could, please turn on the RGBW controller to a color.
Then go to “Developer Tools” on the left side in HA.
Then look for the RGBW controller in the list of entities.
I’m curious if your color_mode is rgbw or just rgb

supported_color_modes:

• hs
  • rgbw
    color_mode: rgbw

I’m using a Fibaro RGBW zwave module with Z-Wave JS 0.1.35 and Core 2021.8.1.
The device has been included without problem in the zwave network and the associated entities created in Home Assistant.
The problem is that when I click on the colorwheel the color doesn’t change and I get the following error:

Error calling service light/turn_on. Option transitionDuration not found on value Value(value_id='25-51-0-targetColor-2') on node Node(node_id=25)

And this entry in the log:

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/zwave_js/light.py:322
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 20:59:36 (180 occurrences)
Last logged: 23:02:13

[1755614728] Option transitionDuration not found on value Value(value_id='25-51-0-targetColor-2') on node Node(node_id=25)
[1760528104] Option transitionDuration not found on value Value(value_id='25-51-0-targetColor-2') on node Node(node_id=25)
[1755084208] Option transitionDuration not found on value Value(value_id='25-51-0-targetColor-2') on node Node(node_id=25)
[1798926688] Option transitionDuration not found on value Value(value_id='25-51-0-targetColor-2') on node Node(node_id=25)
[1755612208] Option transitionDuration not found on value Value(value_id='25-51-0-targetColor-2') on node Node(node_id=25)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 185, in handle_call_service
    await hass.services.async_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1491, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1526, in _execute_service
    await handler.job.target(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 213, in handle_service
    await self.hass.helpers.service.entity_service_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 658, in entity_service_call
    future.result()  # pop exception if have
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 856, in async_request_call
    await coro
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 695, in _handle_entity_call
    await result
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py", line 458, in async_handle_light_on_service
    await light.async_turn_on(**filter_turn_on_params(light, params))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zwave_js/light.py", line 262, in async_turn_on
    await self._async_set_colors(rgbw_channels, transition)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zwave_js/light.py", line 304, in _async_set_colors
    await self._async_set_color(color, value, zwave_transition)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zwave_js/light.py", line 322, in _async_set_color
    await self.info.node.async_set_value(target_zwave_value, new_value, transition)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zwave_js_server/model/node.py", line 434, in async_set_value
    raise NotFoundError(
zwave_js_server.exceptions.NotFoundError: Option transitionDuration not found on value Value(value_id='25-51-0-targetColor-2') on node Node(node_id=25)

Can anyone help me to solve the problem?