Fibaro Roller Shutter 3 (FGR-223) - cannot get it to work properly

OK. I mean, I can live with this isue

Same for me. My modules made weird noises when I used the automation and I stopped it for the sam reason.
Do you find another solution?

I use the @pulsar automation that call the zwave refresh node service when the power reached 0.
It takes a few seconds to update the level status in HA but it’s the more reliable solution for my installation.

Hi pulsar.
French user of homeassistant too, and using 6 FGR 223 at home (5.1 firmware).
I encounter the same problem as everyone, the position of the cover does not report correctly after moving (by pushing the switch, moving the bar in ui or clicking the arrow on ui).
So i tried the solution of polling service every 2 seconds or so to update the ui and this is working only if cover is moved from ui (not working with Alexa routine for exemple).
And the fgr223 continues to make some click noise during ten seconds or so after the cover ended moving.
So i decided to test your automation.
but can you say me if i had to do an automation for each node i add or if only one automation can be good ?

Hello,

I don’t see how you can do that with just one automation. By putting all the modules as triggers, actions will be applied to all of them. I think we need one automation per module.

If someone is using Zwave2Mqtt or OpenZwave this should do a job:

- id: '4873203472347998423'
  alias: Update Roller Shutter Status
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
    - sensor.kitchen_curtains_electric_w
    - sensor.bedroom_curtains_electric_w
    - sensor.living_room_curtains_electric_w
  condition:
  - condition: template
    value_template: '{{ trigger.from_state and trigger.from_state.state != trigger.to_state.state and (trigger.to_state.state
      | float) == 0.0 }}'
  action:
  - service: mqtt.publish
    data_template:
      topic: OpenZWave/1/command/requestnodedynamic/
      payload_template: '{"node": {{ state_attr(trigger.entity_id, "node_id") | int }}}'

Where sensor.*_curtains_electric_w are the entities created by ozw that monitor power usage in Watts.

1 Like

Hi,

Are you able to control the Fibaro module from HA with OpenZwave and MQTT? I try to open/close my shutter but I can’t figure out how to do it at all. What do I have to publish in MQTT to do this?

Thank you

Hey,
Yep, I’ve made a PR to OpenZWave (beta) integration which allows to control the shutter. I had hope it will be released in 0.112, but unfortunately we need to wait a bit longer or just copy the changes manually. Another option is to use deprecated HACS integration that already supports covers.

It’s wonderful!
By viewing your code, I found (for now) how to control remotely my cover (using a publish with setvalue, I didn’t find anything about this on the documentation but it’s quite simple in fact).

Thank you

Same automation for x cover:

- alias: Technique - Update cover level
  trigger:
    - entity_id:
        - sensor.volet_salon_power
        - sensor.volet_salon_power
        - sensor.volet_bureau_power
        - sensor.volet_salle_manger_power
        - sensor.volet_cuisine_power
      platform: state
      to: "0.0"
  action:
    - service: zwave.refresh_node_value
      data_template:
        node_id: "{{ state_attr(trigger.event.data.service_data.entity_id, 'node_id') }}"
        value_id: "{{ state_attr(trigger.event.data.service_data.entity_id, 'value_id') }}"

The shutter integration for OpenZWave has been released with version 0.113 :wink:

does that fix the position issue ? How to enable it ?

Nope, you still need to have custom automation that reports back the position, but at least for me OpenZWave integration is much more reliable than older zwave. Here you can check the installation steps https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/ozw/.

Thanks.
I managed to update the % value using an automation, which is a bit disappointing but at least working.

I used the following automation:

- id: '112345687890'
  alias: Technique - Update cover level
  trigger:
  - entity_id:
    - sensor.kitchen_cover_power
    platform: state
    to: '0.0'
  action:
  - service: zwave.refresh_entity
    data:
      entity_id: cover.kitchen_cover_level

I get an error if I execute your code. Does your code works in all cases? Below the message I got.

2020-07-30 00:19:26 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation] Rollladen: Positionsaktualisierung: Error executing script. Unexpected error for call_service at pos 1: Error rendering data template: UndefinedError: 'trigger' is undefined
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/template.py", line 228, in async_render
    return compiled.render(kwargs).strip()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 1090, in render
    self.environment.handle_exception()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 832, in handle_exception
    reraise(*rewrite_traceback_stack(source=source))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/jinja2/_compat.py", line 28, in reraise
    raise value.with_traceback(tb)
  File "<template>", line 1, in top-level template code
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/jinja2/sandbox.py", line 407, in getattr
    value = getattr(obj, attribute)
jinja2.exceptions.UndefinedError: 'trigger' is undefined

1 Like

I’ve been reading the thread, but just to clarify: is it working fine now with the last HA and firmware 5.1 or should we buy something else?

Same issue…

@odelrio it’s still not working properly, sadly

Hi there everybody.

Like the user @odelrio I’m looking for a way of domatize my shutters but looking for the best hardware.

Does fibaro is now 100% ok? For up and down and tilting?

Or is there other better solution? WiFi or something…
As far as I see Shelly 2.5 only allows to get up and down but not tilting correct?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

That’s correct, but they’re planning to add tilt support soon (no date given though…)

So finally i also got my Fibaro RollerShutter 3 Integration working.
What i did:

I have got 5 Rollershutter 3 (ordered from different places) with Firmware version 5.01.
For me, position also would not work properly. What i did:

Within HASS Zwave Konfiguration i went to the RollerShutters and checked for the Configuration.
Option 150 was set to “not calibrated”.

What i needed to do was setting the value to “Force Calibration” and saved the value.
The shutter moved all the way down and then back up (automatically).

Afterwards i was able to adjust the Level (25 … 95…) what ever i wanted.
This worked properly for all of my RS3.

2 Likes