Fibaro Roller Shutter 3 (FGR-223) - cannot get it to work properly

It seems that I don’t have any ‘level’ entity, but only ‘alarm_level’ entity. What is that ? Does I have to redo something to have it ?

And also, where do you check the firmware version of your module ?

Good evening

Hope I am right here, I have included my Fibaro Roller Shutter 3 to hassio. All works fine. But now I would like to make some automations with my weather station. Now I have the problem that I cannot write, ore chose, something at the point “action” of the automation. See also the attached picture.

I cannot choose something at the “position”. How I can give there a target like 100 % or 0 % or close / open?

Thanks for your help

You need to use the call a service function as used in my post above:

Thereby you need to use the basic service for cover close / position from HASS.IO

You see firmware version if you go to the z-wave menu in preferences in HASS.IO, then select a node and click on node information.

You can also use a Fibaro Hub to check FW version.
I do not have one, but I read that there are issues if you do not have Firmware 5.1.

Nevertheless there is also a workaround available:

I contacted my store and asked which version they sell and got the 5.1 confirmed.

Regarding the alarm Level - I have this in the entity list as well. And some more:

Hey Phil thank you very much for these information
About the firmware. Before I changed to hassio, I had a homee. There, the automation had works fine. And I remember that the firmware was higher than 5.0. If I look in hassio, I also have the 5.01 firmware.
The test with your script has worked. Now I am very tense if it works also with the real trigger. The integration of my weather station was one point to change from homee to hassio. Now, if I done this automation, it is open a second question. Do you know if I can also choose this setting with the call service to definite the conditions trigger? I mean, in moment I have definite these with the device and the condition open or close. But over the call service it would work also for roller shutters which are not full closed or opened. Hope you understand it. If not, I am come from the German Swiss.
Best regards and thanks a lot.

You can edit as yaml and add position: 90 to activate the position bar in UI mode. I think is a graphical bug on the UI.

Do you know if I can also choose this setting with the call service to definite the conditions trigger? I mean, in moment I have definite these with the device and the condition open or close. But over the call service it would work also for roller shutters which are not full closed or opened. Hope you understand it. If not, I am come from the German Swiss.
Best regards and thanks a lot.

Not really sure what you mean. You don’t need to set any condition. When you call a service it will either set open, close or position no matter what current state the shutter is.

Thanks again and again Phil. I’ve seen in your screenshot that the number is 5.01 (it’s the same for me) but you told about 5.1 firmware version. Is that the same thing ?

I’ve tried the automation you provide from this thread to update the progression. But there is something weird in the module, I can hear it push it the power on and off multiple times after the correct level is reached… With this I can see the level bar on the UI moving till the right position but I’m worried with the module so I desactived it for now.

Yes as far as I understand 5.01 is similar to 5.1. I don’t know why it is shown in HASS like this.

My module(s) do not behave like yours. Maybe contact your reseller and check for an replacement.

1 Like

Thanks pulsar for the tip with the YAML. There I can set the position to a value like 80. And after I change back to the UI mode, I get the trigger point to choose the point manually. This also works with the conditions. There it is not the position, there is it the “above” and “below” point - and it works. One last small Issue I still have. Position 0 is closed and 100 is opened. But I get not out, where I can change this attitude.
Hope someone can help

I don’t think you can reverse it because:

• complete darkness: 0%
  • full light: 100%

OK. I mean, I can live with this isue

Same for me. My modules made weird noises when I used the automation and I stopped it for the sam reason.
Do you find another solution?

I use the @pulsar automation that call the zwave refresh node service when the power reached 0.
It takes a few seconds to update the level status in HA but it’s the more reliable solution for my installation.

Hi pulsar.
French user of homeassistant too, and using 6 FGR 223 at home (5.1 firmware).
I encounter the same problem as everyone, the position of the cover does not report correctly after moving (by pushing the switch, moving the bar in ui or clicking the arrow on ui).
So i tried the solution of polling service every 2 seconds or so to update the ui and this is working only if cover is moved from ui (not working with Alexa routine for exemple).
And the fgr223 continues to make some click noise during ten seconds or so after the cover ended moving.
So i decided to test your automation.
but can you say me if i had to do an automation for each node i add or if only one automation can be good ?

Hello,

I don’t see how you can do that with just one automation. By putting all the modules as triggers, actions will be applied to all of them. I think we need one automation per module.

If someone is using Zwave2Mqtt or OpenZwave this should do a job:

- id: '4873203472347998423'
  alias: Update Roller Shutter Status
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
    - sensor.kitchen_curtains_electric_w
    - sensor.bedroom_curtains_electric_w
    - sensor.living_room_curtains_electric_w
  condition:
  - condition: template
    value_template: '{{ trigger.from_state and trigger.from_state.state != trigger.to_state.state and (trigger.to_state.state
      | float) == 0.0 }}'
  action:
  - service: mqtt.publish
    data_template:
      topic: OpenZWave/1/command/requestnodedynamic/
      payload_template: '{"node": {{ state_attr(trigger.entity_id, "node_id") | int }}}'

Where sensor.*_curtains_electric_w are the entities created by ozw that monitor power usage in Watts.

1 Like

Hi,

Are you able to control the Fibaro module from HA with OpenZwave and MQTT? I try to open/close my shutter but I can’t figure out how to do it at all. What do I have to publish in MQTT to do this?

Thank you

Hey,
Yep, I’ve made a PR to OpenZWave (beta) integration which allows to control the shutter. I had hope it will be released in 0.112, but unfortunately we need to wait a bit longer or just copy the changes manually. Another option is to use deprecated HACS integration that already supports covers.

It’s wonderful!
By viewing your code, I found (for now) how to control remotely my cover (using a publish with setvalue, I didn’t find anything about this on the documentation but it’s quite simple in fact).

Thank you