- sensor.volet_bureau_power
        - sensor.volet_salle_manger_power
        - sensor.volet_cuisine_power
      platform: state
      to: "0.0"
  action:
    - service: zwave.refresh_node_value
      data_template:
        node_id: "{{ state_attr(trigger.event.data.service_data.entity_id, 'node_id') }}"
        value_id: "{{ state_attr(trigger.event.data.service_data.entity_id, 'value_id') }}"

The shutter integration for OpenZWave has been released with version 0.113 :wink:

does that fix the position issue ? How to enable it ?

Nope, you still need to have custom automation that reports back the position, but at least for me OpenZWave integration is much more reliable than older zwave. Here you can check the installation steps https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/ozw/.

Thanks.
I managed to update the % value using an automation, which is a bit disappointing but at least working.

I used the following automation:

- id: '112345687890'
  alias: Technique - Update cover level
  trigger:
  - entity_id:
    - sensor.kitchen_cover_power
    platform: state
    to: '0.0'
  action:
  - service: zwave.refresh_entity
    data:
      entity_id: cover.kitchen_cover_level

I get an error if I execute your code. Does your code works in all cases? Below the message I got.

2020-07-30 00:19:26 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation] Rollladen: Positionsaktualisierung: Error executing script. Unexpected error for call_service at pos 1: Error rendering data template: UndefinedError: 'trigger' is undefined
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/template.py", line 228, in async_render
    return compiled.render(kwargs).strip()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 1090, in render
    self.environment.handle_exception()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 832, in handle_exception
    reraise(*rewrite_traceback_stack(source=source))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/jinja2/_compat.py", line 28, in reraise
    raise value.with_traceback(tb)
  File "<template>", line 1, in top-level template code
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/jinja2/sandbox.py", line 407, in getattr
    value = getattr(obj, attribute)
jinja2.exceptions.UndefinedError: 'trigger' is undefined

1 Like

Iā€™ve been reading the thread, but just to clarify: is it working fine now with the last HA and firmware 5.1 or should we buy something else?

Same issueā€¦

@odelrio itā€™s still not working properly, sadly

Hi there everybody.

Like the user @odelrio Iā€™m looking for a way of domatize my shutters but looking for the best hardware.

Does fibaro is now 100% ok? For up and down and tilting?

Or is there other better solution? WiFi or somethingā€¦
As far as I see Shelly 2.5 only allows to get up and down but not tilting correct?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Thatā€™s correct, but theyā€™re planning to add tilt support soon (no date given thoughā€¦)

So finally i also got my Fibaro RollerShutter 3 Integration working.
What i did:

I have got 5 Rollershutter 3 (ordered from different places) with Firmware version 5.01.
For me, position also would not work properly. What i did:

Within HASS Zwave Konfiguration i went to the RollerShutters and checked for the Configuration.
Option 150 was set to ā€œnot calibratedā€.

What i needed to do was setting the value to ā€œForce Calibrationā€ and saved the value.
The shutter moved all the way down and then back up (automatically).

Afterwards i was able to adjust the Level (25 ā€¦ 95ā€¦) what ever i wanted.
This worked properly for all of my RS3.

2 Likes

Do they always report the position back to HA correctly? For me this does not always work when triggering the roller shutters manually.

What you describe here is the basic module calibration, which has to be done when you first install your roller shutter modules.
Of course position reporting will not work if the roller shutter module is not calibrated ! :slight_smile:

The issue reported in this thread is that even for calibrated roller shutter modules, the actual positions if not always reported back correctly to home assistant.

I have 17 roller shutter modules 3 in 5.01 firmware, and I had to use workarounds (like having to force status refresh 3 times after each roller shutter stopped - power consumption from above 2W to lower than 2W) to get all of them almost working. There is still some insconsistency from time to time when theyr are manually open/closed for a very short time.

I hope they will be correctly managed with openzwave 1.6, or Fibaro will update a firmware (and I will have to buy a Fibaro HC light to update them).

Would you mind sharing the code you used t get the status updates working? The example I used doesnā€™t seem to work too well

Hello,
I migrate to zwave2mqtt, and I have two problems:

1. how do you ask from home-assistant to refresh node value (to get updated level value) ?
  2. stop button doesnā€™t work (it closes the cover), I found this solution : https://github.com/OpenZWave/Zwave2Mqtt/issues/376 but it need a different topic for open/close and stop, how can I do it ?

Thank you

Hi,
I also have the same setup as Mati24.
My main problem is that the stop button is not working correct.

Apparently there is a solution for this on OpenZWave GitHub.
Can someone please explain me how to implement the fix for the stop button in HomeAssistant / zwave2mqtt?

Hi,
I have 5 FGRM223, the calibration IS ok, but for have the good position of my roller shutter in HA, I have to clic on the STOP button in Roller shutter level to have the good position.

Have you got an idea to resolve my problem ?
Thanks.

No solution for the moment I think. Iā€™m using workarounds like force an update of the roller shutter level entity each time the roller shutter power consumption gets back to 0 from something else. It works, thatā€™s not perfet though.

I will try the new ZWave integrations based on openzwave 1.6 during christmass holidays to check if they work better.

2 Likes

I will try to force an update to and I wait your feedback of OpenZwave.

Tanks.

Update :

Whatā€™s the code you use to force the update of the roller shutter level ?

Hi all,

I have my new setup in place for venitian blinds, while preparing it I was screening the forum and was afraid of some complexities with my fibaro fgr 223 and openZwave beta.

I have firmware shown as 5.01 and yet so far all is working well.
There is no stop button on interface but is actually not needed , usage with the slider bar to position the slats or the opening work great.
Also the status of the slats or of the opening is reported ok (work in both direction as soon as calibration is ok, for the slats I had to adjust manually from 150 down to 110)

When setting up the roller shutter 3 I noticed that 3 devices are found

• first one with 6 entities attached (3 active) it allows to lift up or down blinds
  • second one with 6 entities (3 active) and this one reflect the power usage and allow to lift up or down the blinds
  • a third one has one entry active (no power indication) , this entry actually manage the tilt of the slats.

I configured in the UI and with scripts all what I needed with the second and third devices for each venitian blinds.

Just wanted to share as apparently many not have been the case for all in the forumā€¦ may be I missed something and you strugle with other issues.

Hope this can help.