Fibaro Roller Shutter 3 (FGR-223) Lamellas Position "Venetian Blind Tilt Position" is not working

The cover entity in the new integration was just recently developed, and I don’t think it was released in any version yet, not even beta.

I have 4x FGR222 Modules (the v2 Shutter) and they work really good with Homee System. I like to migrate to Home Assistant but i am afraid the integration is the problem. Tilting and Automation in Homee works without any problems most times.

Still an ongoing topic after two years! :slight_smile:

It appears Z-Wave JS has integrated it:
https://zwave-js.github.io/node-zwave-js/#/api/CCs/ManufacturerProprietary

I have put in a feature request to ZWaveJS2MQTT asking Daniel Lando if this was possible:

Quick turn-around thanks to help from @robertsLando and AlCalzone of Z-Wave JS:

It is already possible to set slat position on the FGR-223 by using Z-Wave JS with the new Z-Wave integration. I’ve tested it with ZWaveJS2MQTT (but not using MQTT), it should work the same with the official Z-Wave JS server add-on.

1. (Reset the device) - possibly not necessary…
  2. Set it to Venetian blind mode
  3. Calibarate up / down again (important: device loses calibration info!)
  4. Calibrate / Set slat movement time in 1/100s

After that the slat positions are correctly reported and can be set (from the ZWaveJS2MQTT GUI as well as HA via web sockets). HA integates it as two different Multilevel Switches that can be set between 0-100 for up / down position and slat position. You can use the cover.set_position service to roll the slats.

You can find more details on the Github issue I linked in the post before.

Hi @NamCisum,

Glad it’s working :slight_smile: I’m using Qubino Flush Shutter, and the commands are working pretty good with Z-Wave JS.
The only thing which is pretty annoying at the moment, is that when you’re sending the “UP” command to blind, the state of this blind directly goes to “OPENED”.
With the OLD OZW1.4 integration, the state was updated at end of the blind move action, once the Z-Wave module sends the “acknowledge”.

The problem is that for venetian blinds, you need to wait till the blind move is finished, and then set the TILT. With the actual behavior, all my current script become pretty much unusable…
If someone has a tip there, it would be awesome. :slight_smile:

I don’t have Qubino devices but would guess that the device instantly reports the movement. HA interprets every cover not fully closed as open.

I would guess that it is not important to set the slat position precisely at the end of the movement - so just set a delay for roughly the max runtime of the cover and then set slats?

Mmmm…that’s not very clean and efficient. It would be a big step backward for me, coming from OZW 1.4. I wrote a fair amount of scripts that are relying on these states to automatically move the venetian blinds…
If it’s not implemented correctly with Z-Wave JS, then I think it’s not really mature yet and I’ll wait a bit.

Hi!
Two questions on your comment:

• Does this work also with FGR-222 (Roller Shutter 2)
  • Does ZWaveJS2MQTT is needed ? I’m not using MQTT for now

At the moment, I can just open (full) or close (full) my blinds, HA doesn’t get back the real position of the blind (0 if fully closed, 100 in any other position) and cannot set tilt position.

Thanks!

I do not own the FGR-222, so I don’t know, but I read somewhere that for this one there used to be hack to control the lamellas.

The Roller Shutters on OZW 1.4 seem to only (but not consistently…) report position when they reach end position. Have you tried running it to a position and refresh the entity showing the position manually? That is still necessarry on the FGR 223 on OW 1.4

Also, did you you calibrate the device and does it show the state “calibrated” in the configuration of the device?

IMO ZWaveJS2MQTT is currently superior to the ZWaveJS server in HA as it has a very helpful UI. You can integrate it with HA using the Z-Wave JS integration (via web sockets). See here:

→ No MQTT required.

Yeah I just found a script to do that. Need to configure the device “Report type” to “Fibaro”. Don’t know what’s difference between “Zwave” and “Fibaro” mode… but it’s working!

Calibration is done.
On OZW the position was updated live in my case.
But I tried the refresh service, can see the actual position! Thanks! :+1: :+1: :+1: :clap: :clap:

I’ll give a try to ZWaveJS2MQTT.
And I’ll look for a way to auto update position. Long time ago (before OZW) I was using an automation running every x minutes… but I never found that very clean.

And I’ll look for a way to auto update position. Long time ago (before OZW) I was using an automation running every x minutes… but I never found that very clean.

It’s not - it’s a dirty hack that should not be necessary and is not anymore with Z-Wave JS (and probably was not with OZW 1.6, but I don’t know for sure…).

Here’s the autmation I used to check for position:

- alias: zw_cover_update
  trigger:
  - below: '1'
    entity_id: sensor.fibaro_system_fgrm223_roller_shutter_controller_3_power_46
    for: 00:00:02
    platform: numeric_state
  action:
  - data:
      entity_id: cover.fibaro_system_fgrm223_roller_shutter_controller_3_level_24
    service: zwave.refresh_entity

Thats a good idea, use the power report to check only when necessary. I’ll try that! Thanks!!

Does anyone know a roller shutter with which I have up/down and slat position in the same entity? At the moment I’m testing the FGR223.

Subscribing, because I have no idea what would be the best way to control blinds (Shelly vs Fibaro).

Hey there,

I use 13 Fibaro Roller Shutter (FGR-222) since 2016 to control my vetetian blinds with my old smart home controller.

Today I switched them to HA and then realized, that it is quite difficult to control the tilt option… :frowning:

After some tests I managed to find a solution for my problem.

These are my configuration steps:

1. Change report type to “Fibaro Command”
  2. Mode: Venetian blind
  3. (Turning time, if necessary)
  4. Start calibration

In automation I use the following (example: group of blinds, position closed, 20 % tilt → my position is twisted)

alias: Jalousien - Süd 100/20
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: mqtt
    topic: FT55/EZ/Jalousien
    payload: '01'
  - platform: mqtt
    topic: FT55/WZ/Jalousien
    payload: '01'
condition: []
action:
  - service: cover.set_cover_position
    data:
      position: 0
    target:
      entity_id:
        - cover.wohnzimmer_ost
        - cover.wohnzimmer_sud_links
        - cover.wohnzimmer_sud_rechts
        - cover.diele_sud_rechts
        - cover.esszimmer_sud
  - service: zwave_js.set_value
    data:
      command_class: '145'
      endpoint: '0'
      property: fibaro
      value: 80
      property_key: venetianBlindsTilt
    target:
      entity_id:
        - cover.esszimmer_sud
        - cover.wohnzimmer_ost
        - cover.wohnzimmer_sud_links
        - cover.wohnzimmer_sud_rechts
        - cover.diele_sud_rechts
mode: single
1 Like

Hi everyone!
I’m new to the forum and brand new to HA. :innocent:
9 GRIESSER branded chain blinds will be installed for me next week. I have to choose how to control them and I would like to do it via home assistant. reading around it would seem there are still proglems in managing the position and opening angle of the slats. I err? could you help me choose the most suitable product? fibaro, shelly, qbino, etc? i would like to avoid switching to knx bus. thank you!
Danyrr

Fibaro is working perfectly (in as much as z-wave can work perfectly). I would have preferred Shelly, but they don’t support venetian blinds.

@medicus07 This is exactly what I was looking for. Allow me to ask some questions:
-where do you find the topic: “FT55/EZ/Jalousien”
-what is value: 80?

thnx

I have a Qubino rollershutter but can’t get it to work. Can you say how your way was?

You’ll have to be more specific - what are you trying to do and what happens when you try?