Finally upgraded home assistant. now everything is broken

I’m having some difficulties as I finally decided to upgrade home assistant t the latest. I think I was like 2 or 3 versions behind.

however now it says a few things in my log and I just cannot get my appdaemon addon to work any more.

well first things first the configurations is the following.

# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:

# Uncomment this if you are using SSL/TLS, running in Docker container, etc.
http:
  ssl_certificate: /config/ssl/hjem.MyDomain.dk/fullchain.pem
  ssl_key: /config/ssl/hjem.MyDomain.dk/privkey.pem
  base_url: https://hjem.MyDomain.dk
  server_port: 443

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate

yeelight:
  devices:
    192.168.1.59:
      name: Entrance ceiling
    192.168.1.69:
      name: Beedroom ceiling

light:
  - platform: flux_led
    devices:
      192.168.1.141:
        name: flux_BackDoorOutside
      192.168.1.9:
        name: flux_MainDoorOutside
      192.168.1.79:
        name: flux_DiningTable

group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml

#My Sony TV Via Broadlink Settings
switch:
  - platform: broadlink
    mac: "7D:0F:7E:FF:84:62"
    switches:
      # Will work on most Phillips TVs:
      tv_sony:
        friendly_name: "Sony Tv Power"
        command_on: "JgDEAFAUJxQUFCcUFBQnFBMUFBQnFBQUExQUFBMAA1NOFCgUExQoFBMUJxQUFBMVJxQTFBQUExUVAANQTxQnFBQUJxQUFCcUFBQTFCcUFBQTFRMUFAADUk4VJxQTFCgUExQoFBMUFBQnFBMVExQUFBMAA1JPFCcUFBQnFBQUJxQUFBMUKBQTFBQUExQUAANRUBQnFBQUJxQUEygUExQUFCcUFBQTFBQUEwADUk8UKBQTFCgUExQnFBQUExUnFBMUFBQTFRMADQUAAAAA"
        command_off: "JgDEAFAUJxQUFCcUFBQnFBMUFBQnFBQUExQUFBMAA1NOFCgUExQoFBMUJxQUFBMVJxQTFBQUExUVAANQTxQnFBQUJxQUFCcUFBQTFCcUFBQTFRMUFAADUk4VJxQTFCgUExQoFBMUFBQnFBMVExQUFBMAA1JPFCcUFBQnFBQUJxQUFBMUKBQTFBQUExQUAANRUBQnFBQUJxQUEygUExQUFCcUFBQTFBQUEwADUk8UKBQTFCgUExQnFBQUExUnFBMUFBQTFRMADQUAAAAA"
      stue_fans:
        friendly_name: "Stue fans"
        command_on: "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"
        command_off: "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"
logger:
  default: info
  logs:
    homeassistant.components.smartthings: debug

My log says these two things is an issue:

2020-11-10 15:43:37 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.http] The ‘base_url’ option is deprecated, please remove it from your configuration
2020-11-10 15:43:38 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.broadlink.switch] Your configuration for the switch platform is deprecated. Please refer to the Broadlink documentation to catch up
2020-11-10 15:48:39 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tuya/init.py”, line 153, in async_poll_devices_update
device_list = await hass.async_add_executor_job(_get_updated_devices)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tuya/init.py”, line 146, in _get_updated_devices
tuya.poll_devices_update()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/tuyaha/tuyaapi.py”, line 166, in poll_devices_update
return self.discover_devices()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/tuyaha/tuyaapi.py”, line 207, in discover_devices
devices = self.discovery()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/tuyaha/tuyaapi.py”, line 188, in discovery
response = self._request(“Discovery”, “discovery”)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/tuyaha/tuyaapi.py”, line 267, in _request
self._raise_frequently_invoke(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/tuyaha/tuyaapi.py”, line 292, in _raise_frequently_invoke
raise TuyaFrequentlyInvokeException(message)
tuyaha.tuyaapi.TuyaFrequentlyInvokeException: Method [Discovery] fails 1 time(s) using poll interval 60.0 - error: you can discovery once in 600 seconds

I’m hoping someone can tell me what is wrong here because I’m out of ideas.
And I’m hoping that if I can solve these issues that hopefully it will let my appdaemon work again.

Somethings wrong with tuya, this appears to be what’s stopping your system from starting. Your other 2 warnings are easy fixes, just do what the warning tells you: Remove it from your configuration.

when I remove them and insert the external_url and internal_url I cannot start it up at all.
will remove tuya integration currently and see if I can get the rest up.

because you can’t add internal_url / external_url from Yaml, it has to be done in the UI.

I was following this link when setting up the yaml

however they say I could set it up in the configuration-> general but under general there is no https setup possibilities.
as shown below:

Clear your cache and refresh your page, then it should appear.

still, none of that is your actual problem, the TUYA is giving the issues

My live configuration would beg to disagree, as would the official docs :wink:

:man_facepalming:

Eh, it’s not like I don’t say that’s not possible only for somebody to point out that is has been for X releases :rofl: I’m pretty sure you’ve done that at least once :smiley:

Yea yea, I was looking in the HTTP section, didn’t think to check the basic config…

I’m running the site without a cache now and it still doesn’t appear.
I’ve disabled tuya just to be sure that it won’t interfere but I still have an issue appdaemon not working. but thanks for your help so far it seems that I might need to completely remove the configuration and start over.

Are you still configuring via yaml for the homeassistant section? If so, follow @Tinkerer’s correct documentation link and place internal_url and external_url in that section.

As for appdaemon, did you update that as well? Did you move from appdaemon 3 to appdaemon 4?

yes
when I follow @Tinkerer’s example I get this result.

2020-11-10 19:49:11 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio] Component error: external_url - Integration ‘external_url’ not found. Component error: internal_url - Integration ‘internal_url’ not found.

as for appdaemon I’m not sure atm I do believe I was at 4 and just had a smaller version update of that one.
I’m thinking that it’s my https configuration that is somehow problematic atm as I think that is the one preventing my Appdaemon and causeing my headages with the error’s in the log.

somehow it feels like something might had gone wrong in my upgrade.

That’s an error telling you that external_url is not an integration. It goes inside the homesistant integration.

bad

external_url: ....

good

homeassistant: #THIS SHOULD ALREADY BE IN YOUR CONFIG
  external_url: ....

This is most likely due to your internal_url or external_url not being set correctly.

Every single attempt at putting the external_url: in to it even the way you just told me fails. and I can only start it up when I go back to the old base_url that I keep getting told not to use.

Last time I updated was last Christmas so I’m thinking wasn’t there something about something changing with the docker image ? could it be that I’ve corrupted my docker image by upgrading because I was on a too old version ?

Are you sure you’re not running into other new issues? last Christmas was version 103. There have been at least 10 major breaking changes between then and now. I think you’ll have to post each error that you run into if you can’t figure them out yourself.

As for appdeamon, that was definitely 3 at the time because 4 was released in January 2020. And that update had a completely rewritten configuration model.

EDIT: Edited the appdaemon version numbers…

only issues I’m running in to is my configuration.
and I’m pretty sure the last update I did was just after app daemon was upgraded to 4 because that was quite an ordeal to handle. maybe I’m remembering wrong about Christmas.

I’ve just enabled info in the log and the only warning I get is that one deprecated base_url
however I’ve disabled most of my original configuration to focus on only the https part. so that might explain why I’m only having that one issue ?

I’ve just backed up all my configurations I’m really thinking hard about just removing docker, and all images of home assistant as well as all addons.
and then start over completely getting https to work as the first thing and then slowly adding each part of my original setup.

It’s not a bad idea. I did that when upgrading from 0.32 to ~0.74ish.

Oh my seems that running docker the way I used to is no longer supported. Sure I can get core up and running but my supervised is gone. I guess I have to start playing with some sort of full fledged
virtualization.