Fireangel fire/CO/heat alarm network bridge integration

I think I only need one, right? :smiley:

How much are you looking for?

DM me you’re address and you can have one :smiley:

Thank you, that would be mighty good of you. Looks like I’ll need some more posts before I can DM.

PCB arrived from @sultanhq yesterday. Many thanks for that!!

I’ve got the level convertors and now just waiting on the Arduino.

I’m new to the Fireangel system and I have 6 mains alarms and 3 battery. One mains contains an RF and the 3 battery also contain RF. Within the mobile app I am able to see the mains that has the RF along with one of the battery (that I added to the app - I’ve not done the others yet). Should I expect to see the other mains within the app too?

1 Like

Finally back from holiday and soldered the PCB this morning. I couldnt get it going at first, HA was getting in a twist over the 3 ttyUSB for this, Zigbee and ZWave. All sorted now and finally showing as Online. I’ll hopefully be able to get the IDs tomorrow without annoying everyone with beeping alarms.

@sultanhq Do you have another one I could buy off you? Thanks

I’ve dropped you a PM @rittzy

Hey guys, does anybody have a spare PCB that I could have?

Thanks

Stu

Hi All,
I’m so close to a working system. Built the PCB, paired to alarms, seen it all working and responding in a serial terminal. I’m just failing at the final hurdle. When I plug it into my home assistant running on raspi 4. I can see the TTY device listed in the hardware page of home assistant. But I get a recurring error in the logs that suggests there is two apps trying to access the port?

Error while reading serial device /dev/ttyUSB1: device reports readiness to read but returned no data (device disconnected or multiple access on port?)

I can even connect over minicom (if i disable the integration) in home assistant. Seems the serial integration is at fault?

Any clues or help greatly appreciated. I also have 4 spare boards. DM me if you want one.

I may have just answered my own question… I had the ssh/terminal add-on running. I had installed the optional minicom package. Even though this wasn’t running, the interface was always offline.
But, I removed the minicom package and restarted the ssh/terminal addon, and suddenty the interface connected and is reporting the status of the alarms! Hurrah!.

Many thanks to @chopwood for all the hardwork.

spoke too soon. After an hour of hearbeats and connectivity, it has now disconnected and is offline again

Anyone had any experience with this and mixing wired/WiSafe2 networks? I have all wired alarms with the gateway and a couple of battery CO2 alarms. According to the documentation I can only pair 1 alarm from the wired network with the WiSafe2 wired alarms even though they all have WiSafe2 modules. Pairing them all while wired results in eprom errors in the app.

So my question is. Has anyone tried this with a wired + wireless network? If so can individual devices be detected on the wired network rather than the 1 device that’s paired to the WiSafe2 network?

Thanks

I have the same setup and I was struggling with exactly the same problem. They way I did it is to pair all your wireless devices and then pair one of them with one of the wired ones.

Have recently moved from my Raspi4 setup to a dell SFF PC and now all the serial port problems have gone away. Smoke Alarms are all connected and responding well. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve finally had some time to get this giving messages into HA properly. I notice that the majority of messages show up fine but some show up like this with random characters missing:

Is this a problem or … ?

So I was doing some digging online as I can’t they keep their API so hidden.

And I stumbled upon this…

Either someone has been doing some very advanced work on this, or it was a dev who was lazy

But this appears to be the connection to the fireangel API

If you look at the guys other projects he is setting up web sockets to read sensors from the api

Hi @chopwood,

I’m facing similar problems with not getting the INIT OK message - SPI buffer was completely empty and the Nano is constantly rebooting.

My latest iteration to fix this includes your jumper wire fix over the level converters, but I’m still not receiving any message back from the radio.

I’ve connected the Nano up to a USB 2.0 port, gone through 5 different level converters using 2 different vendors, bridged the battery connection on the radio, used an official Nano and Nano Every, swapped the init command in code to the second version and back again a number of times and nothing seems to work.

The radio is powering on - I do get a solid flash from the onboard red LED when the Nano starts up and then periodic flashes of the LED every 3-4 seconds. I’ve plugged the radio back in to the FireAngel strobe I got from eBay, unpaired, repaired with my network and validated it responds with a test from the fire alarms so I don’t think anything is wrong there.

I did manage to get it once to respond with an INIT OK and a couple of heartbeats, but the next reboot of the Nano and I was back to square one. This makes me think that the ‘signal’ from the radio is not being ‘seen’ by the Nano as you described, in the 99% of cases.

Any ideas on what I could try next?

And the back of the board (forum doesn’t allow me to upload multiple photos in one post :man_shrugging:)

Slightly embarrassed with my soldering skills, but I don’t see anything immediately wrong with it.

For some reason loading the JSON into EasyEDA or the Gerber file in the website doesn’t seem to work for me - the boards simply don’t load/appear… not obvious what I am doing dumb!

In the off-chance, does anyone have any spare printed PCBs in the UK still?

I had the same problem. the level converters solved my problem. Out of frustration and because I still had a spare radio, I removed the level converter from the circuit diagram. has been working for over a year without any problems. Greetings Matze (sorry, Google translate )