Fireangel fire/CO/heat alarm network bridge integration

Hey folks, first post here :slight_smile:

Iā€™m in the middle of this project at the moment (Thanks for the efforts chopwood :slight_smile: )

I bulk ordered 10 PCBs, so have 9 spare for anybody in the UK who wants one. (Central Scotland, if you want to pick up by hand :wink: )

EDIT

And I seemed to have hit the old ā€œRadio not ready - Trying to resetā€ repeating message issue. Any ideas what to try? Is bypassing the Buffer for the CLK the solution?

EDIT2

Nope. Just tried replacing the shifter with a wire. Still not working :frowning:

EDIT3

All working. Thanks to Clam58 for sending 2 of his Logic Converter boards. Looks like the ones I bought were no good.

Hi Chris, Iā€™m new here, Iā€™m from Germany and Iā€™m using a translator. I really like the project, great work. I have the following question. Is it possible to translate the sketch for a raspberry pico? The background is one lying around here and if Iā€™m not wrong, the level converters can then be omitted.
Thank you very much
Matze

@chopwood
I am looking at using an esp32 to talk directly to the radio unit.

I am currently using esp-idf, and I am planning on building a native esphome component later, but I am not sure the esp-idf SPI slave library is buggy.

I have set up the esp32 dev board and it is notified when another unit has the test button pressed, and the slave appears to receive 10 SPI transactions, but doesnā€™t receive any data from MOSI.
i.e.:

1. queue receive transaction on esp32
  2. press test on ā€œcompleteā€ alarm
  3. receive transmission (*10)
    2.1) nothing in received SPI buffer?
    2.2) send ack on IRQ from esp32 (based on your code)
    2.3) requeue another receive transaction

So based on that, I can be pretty sure the IRQ, CS, Clock are working but the MOSI/MISO seem broken.

There are a few setup parameters for the ESP32 spi slave that you might be able to help with (I donā€™t have a logic analyser yet):

• Byte order?:
    • LSB (or not) for transmit
    • LSB (or not) for receive
  • SPI Mode? (CPOL = clock polarity and CPHA = clock phase)
    • 0 > CPOL = 0, CPHA = 0
    • 1 > CPOL = 0, CPHA = 1
    • 2 > CPOL = 1, CPHA = 0
    • 3 > CPOL = 1, CPHA = 1

I have also been able to ā€œsend bytesā€ with pulling the IRQ high (and have tested this by unplugging the IRQ, beginning the transaction , plugging and seeing the transaction initiate), but I donā€™t see any results.

I have seen GitHub - Tho85/ws2mqtt: Connect WiSafe2 devices to Home Assistant, but I am trying to avoid the additional arduino.

I currently have:

Type Radio ESP32
SDI/MISO 1 GPIO13
SDO/MOSI 6 GPIO12
Clock 4 GPIO15
CS 10 GPIO14
IRQ 8 GPIO2
3.3v 3 3.3v
GND 2 GND
Aerial A1 (wire)

I have a ā€œblack boardā€, and I havenā€™t removed the battery. In one of your posts you mention a 4.7kOhm resistor on the CS/SS - is this important? I canā€™t see this in your board.

thanks in advance,
Stephen

Hi,

Does anyone in the UK have a spare complete setup? Iā€™ve attempted to solder one up but think the logic boards are bad (or iā€™ve cooked them). I canā€™t get them unsoldered to replace them and not sure if iā€™ll have any better luck when i try to build a 2nd setup. The wisafe radio lights up but the andurino reports

No reply from radio. SPI Buffer= 0000000000000000000000000

Also if anyone needs some blank PCBā€™s i have 3 spare.

Cheers

This can be ignored, Managed to desolder with a heat gun and redid another pcb with push fittings and new logic boards.

All looks to be working happily.

The offer of spare PCBS still stands though

Iā€™ve just installed a Fireangel setup. Who in the UK has a board I can purchase? Thanks!

I have 3 (chopwood also may have some)

I think I only need one, right? :smiley:

How much are you looking for?

DM me youā€™re address and you can have one :smiley:

Thank you, that would be mighty good of you. Looks like Iā€™ll need some more posts before I can DM.

PCB arrived from @sultanhq yesterday. Many thanks for that!!

Iā€™ve got the level convertors and now just waiting on the Arduino.

Iā€™m new to the Fireangel system and I have 6 mains alarms and 3 battery. One mains contains an RF and the 3 battery also contain RF. Within the mobile app I am able to see the mains that has the RF along with one of the battery (that I added to the app - Iā€™ve not done the others yet). Should I expect to see the other mains within the app too?

1 Like

Finally back from holiday and soldered the PCB this morning. I couldnt get it going at first, HA was getting in a twist over the 3 ttyUSB for this, Zigbee and ZWave. All sorted now and finally showing as Online. Iā€™ll hopefully be able to get the IDs tomorrow without annoying everyone with beeping alarms.

@sultanhq Do you have another one I could buy off you? Thanks

Iā€™ve dropped you a PM @rittzy

Hey guys, does anybody have a spare PCB that I could have?

Thanks

Stu

Hi All,
Iā€™m so close to a working system. Built the PCB, paired to alarms, seen it all working and responding in a serial terminal. Iā€™m just failing at the final hurdle. When I plug it into my home assistant running on raspi 4. I can see the TTY device listed in the hardware page of home assistant. But I get a recurring error in the logs that suggests there is two apps trying to access the port?

Error while reading serial device /dev/ttyUSB1: device reports readiness to read but returned no data (device disconnected or multiple access on port?)

I can even connect over minicom (if i disable the integration) in home assistant. Seems the serial integration is at fault?

Any clues or help greatly appreciated. I also have 4 spare boards. DM me if you want one.

I may have just answered my own questionā€¦ I had the ssh/terminal add-on running. I had installed the optional minicom package. Even though this wasnā€™t running, the interface was always offline.
But, I removed the minicom package and restarted the ssh/terminal addon, and suddenty the interface connected and is reporting the status of the alarms! Hurrah!.

Many thanks to @chopwood for all the hardwork.

spoke too soon. After an hour of hearbeats and connectivity, it has now disconnected and is offline again

Anyone had any experience with this and mixing wired/WiSafe2 networks? I have all wired alarms with the gateway and a couple of battery CO2 alarms. According to the documentation I can only pair 1 alarm from the wired network with the WiSafe2 wired alarms even though they all have WiSafe2 modules. Pairing them all while wired results in eprom errors in the app.

So my question is. Has anyone tried this with a wired + wireless network? If so can individual devices be detected on the wired network rather than the 1 device thatā€™s paired to the WiSafe2 network?

Thanks

I have the same setup and I was struggling with exactly the same problem. They way I did it is to pair all your wireless devices and then pair one of them with one of the wired ones.