First time install not working

I have no idea, from where you get this assumption !

We/You and most likely 100.000 others can/do run Homeassistant IN a WM

And Most users haven’t run into errors , such as OP’s

Beside, You have not posted which errors or Installation you are “trying” , as a few others also didn’t
Most likely because they also didn’t read the first Url in this forum, or because they didn’t care

I’m trying to install HAOS on a mini PC and getting this same error

[supervisor.docker.interface] Can’t install ghcr.io/home-assistant/generic-x86-64-homeassistant:2024.6.2: 404 Client Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.44/images/ghcr.io/home-assistant/generic-x86-64-homeassistant:2024.6.2/json: Not Found (“No such image: Package generic-x86-64-homeassistant · GitHub”)
[supervisor.homeassistant.core] Error on Home Assistant installation. Retrying in 30sec

so different error but seems to be very similar. Did you ever figure out the issue?

1 Like

How ?
Spec of Mini PC ?
Over Wired Con. ?

I Hope this was Not Aimed at ME, as i’ve never had that problem installing HA ( What i remember :slight_smile:

Following the instructions here:

Mini PC is an HP with AMD PRO A10-8770E and 8gb RAM, 120gb SSD

Yes over wired connection.

It all goes well up until booting the HAOS. I can connect to the ip over the browser but I get the same looking image that OP shared with a similar error.
Setup on my RPi4 without issue just having trouble getting the mini PC setup (planning to restore my backup)

Don’t tell me This RPi4 is currently running !

I mean I set it back up now yes, but it was disconnected while I was attempting the install on the mini PC

I recommend you shut down all your devices which could contain a mDNS cache, and check your Router.
Having 1 Device with the (host)name homeassistant is fine, installing a new Device with the same host-name … ( Regardless if you actually did shut the RPI down “few seconds/minutes ago” ) is … asking for problems !

didn’t make a difference, but thanks anyways

There is a lot of info in this post about installing HA os on different machines but not a lot about RBPi4 with
a ssd, is there any guides for RBPi4, I have tried and get error messages, not being rude just looking for some help

Maybe show these error messages. Difficult to help without them.

This is a photo of what I get when trying to boot from HDD drive Comnected to the pi4

Read this first.
How to help us help you - or How to ask a good question.

Here you find the Details, which often is required to be somehow an understandable Question
And even to get relevant responses etc

I read that not sure what you are asking
I have ask just as others have ask questions

I would recommend updating your firmware first.

https://www.raspberrypi.com/documentation/computers/os.html#rpi-update.

Then I would do an install to a SD card.to make sure everything works

Raspberry Pi - Home Assistant.

Finally, install to the SSD

https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=334009#p1999832.

Hey @jamal01 I got the same problem.

I have been successfully running HAOS under Proxmox since last November on a NUC13 [i5-1340P, 16GB, 1TB disk, wired eth0], but my current VM won’t update to the latest OS/Core, so I figured “OK, I’ll create a new VM and just copy over the configuration”.

• Used tteck’s script under Proxmox (Proxmox VE Helper-Scripts) to create the VM - just like in November.
  • Used pretty much default settings - just like in November.
  • Made sure the new VM was using the appropriate MAC so it was given the right IP address from my router (to make thinks easier when I restore the config)
  • Made sure the new VM passed through my usb device (a Z-wave controller).
  • Fired up the new VM…
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: starting
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully started
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: starting
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: starting
cont-init: info: running /etc/cont-init.d/udev.sh
INFO: Using udev information from host
cont-init: info: /etc/cont-init.d/udev.sh exited 0
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services: starting
services-up: info: copying legacy longrun supervisor (no readiness notification)
services-up: info: copying legacy longrun watchdog (no readiness notification)
INFO: Starting local supervisor watchdog...
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services successfully started
[__main__] Initializing Supervisor setup
[supervisor.docker.network] Can't find Supervisor network, creating a new network
[supervisor.bootstrap] Setting up coresys for machine: qemux86-64
[supervisor.docker.supervisor] Attaching to Supervisor ghcr.io/home-assistant/amd64-hassio-supervisor with version 2024.06.0
[supervisor.docker.supervisor] Connecting Supervisor to hassio-network
[supervisor.resolution.evaluate] Starting system evaluation with state initialize
[supervisor.resolution.evaluate] System evaluation complete
[__main__] Setting up Supervisor
[supervisor.api] Starting API on 172.30.32.2
[supervisor.hardware.monitor] Started Supervisor hardware monitor
[supervisor.dbus.manager] Connected to system D-Bus.
[supervisor.dbus.agent] Load dbus interface io.hass.os
[supervisor.dbus.hostname] Load dbus interface org.freedesktop.hostname1
[supervisor.dbus.logind] Load dbus interface org.freedesktop.login1
[supervisor.dbus.network] Load dbus interface org.freedesktop.NetworkManager
[supervisor.dbus.rauc] Load dbus interface de.pengutronix.rauc
[supervisor.dbus.resolved] Load dbus interface org.freedesktop.resolve1
[supervisor.dbus.systemd] Load dbus interface org.freedesktop.systemd1
[supervisor.dbus.timedate] Load dbus interface org.freedesktop.timedate1
[supervisor.host.services] Updating service information
[supervisor.host.sound] Updating PulseAudio information
[supervisor.host.sound] Can't update PulseAudio data: Failed to connect to pulseaudio server
[supervisor.host.network] Updating local network information
[supervisor.host.apparmor] Loading AppArmor Profiles: {'hassio-supervisor'}
[supervisor.docker.monitor] Started docker events monitor
[supervisor.updater] Fetching update data from https://version.home-assistant.io/stable.json
[supervisor.docker.interface] Found ghcr.io/home-assistant/amd64-hassio-cli versions: []
[supervisor.docker.interface] Attaching to ghcr.io/home-assistant/amd64-hassio-cli with version 2024.05.0
[supervisor.plugins.cli] Starting CLI plugin
[supervisor.docker.cli] Starting CLI ghcr.io/home-assistant/amd64-hassio-cli with version 2024.05.0 - 172.30.32.5
[supervisor.docker.interface] Found ghcr.io/home-assistant/amd64-hassio-dns versions: []
[supervisor.docker.interface] Attaching to ghcr.io/home-assistant/amd64-hassio-dns with version 2024.04.0
[supervisor.plugins.dns] Starting CoreDNS plugin
[supervisor.docker.dns] Starting DNS ghcr.io/home-assistant/amd64-hassio-dns with version 2024.04.0 - 172.30.32.3
[supervisor.plugins.dns] Updated /etc/resolv.conf
[supervisor.docker.interface] Found ghcr.io/home-assistant/amd64-hassio-audio versions: []
[supervisor.docker.interface] Attaching to ghcr.io/home-assistant/amd64-hassio-audio with version 2023.12.0
[supervisor.plugins.audio] Starting Audio plugin
[supervisor.docker.audio] Starting Audio ghcr.io/home-assistant/amd64-hassio-audio with version 2023.12.0 - 172.30.32.4
[supervisor.docker.interface] Found ghcr.io/home-assistant/amd64-hassio-observer versions: []
[supervisor.docker.interface] Attaching to ghcr.io/home-assistant/amd64-hassio-observer with version 2023.06.0
[supervisor.plugins.observer] Starting observer plugin
[supervisor.docker.observer] Starting Observer ghcr.io/home-assistant/amd64-hassio-observer with version 2023.06.0 - 172.30.32.6
[supervisor.docker.interface] Found ghcr.io/home-assistant/amd64-hassio-multicast versions: []
[supervisor.docker.interface] Attaching to ghcr.io/home-assistant/amd64-hassio-multicast with version 2024.03.0
[supervisor.plugins.multicast] Starting Multicast plugin
[supervisor.docker.multicast] Starting Multicast ghcr.io/home-assistant/amd64-hassio-multicast with version 2024.03.0 - Host
[supervisor.homeassistant.secrets] Loaded 0 Home Assistant secrets
[supervisor.docker.interface] No version found for ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant
[supervisor.homeassistant.core] No Home Assistant Docker image ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant found.
[supervisor.docker.interface] Attaching to ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant with version landingpage
[supervisor.homeassistant.core] Using preinstalled landingpage
[supervisor.homeassistant.core] Starting HomeAssistant landingpage
[supervisor.homeassistant.module] Update pulse/client.config: /data/tmp/homeassistant_pulse
[supervisor.docker.homeassistant] Starting Home Assistant ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant with version landingpage
[supervisor.os.manager] Detect Home Assistant Operating System 12.4 / BootSlot A
[supervisor.store.git] Cloning add-on https://github.com/home-assistant/addons repository
[supervisor.store.git] Cloning add-on https://github.com/esphome/home-assistant-addon repository
[supervisor.store.git] Cloning add-on https://github.com/hassio-addons/repository repository
[supervisor.store] Loading add-ons from store: 77 all - 77 new - 0 remove
[supervisor.addons.manager] Found 0 installed add-ons
[supervisor.backups.manager] Found 0 backup files
[supervisor.discovery] Loaded 0 messages
[supervisor.ingress] Loaded 0 ingress sessions
[supervisor.resolution.check] Starting system checks with state setup
[supervisor.resolution.checks.base] Run check for multiple_data_disks/system
[supervisor.resolution.checks.base] Run check for detached_addon_removed/addon
[supervisor.resolution.checks.base] Run check for detached_addon_missing/addon
[supervisor.resolution.checks.base] Run check for disabled_data_disk/system
[supervisor.resolution.check] System checks complete
[supervisor.resolution.evaluate] Starting system evaluation with state setup
[supervisor.jobs] 'ResolutionFixup.run_autofix' blocked from execution, system is not running - setup
[supervisor.resolution.evaluate] Starting system evaluation with state setup
[__main__] Running Supervisor
[supervisor.os.manager] Rauc: A - marked slot kernel.0 as good
[supervisor.addons.manager] Phase 'initialize' starting 0 add-ons
[supervisor.addons.manager] Phase 'system' starting 0 add-ons
[supervisor.addons.manager] Phase 'services' starting 0 add-ons
[supervisor.core] Skipping start of Home Assistant
[supervisor.addons.manager] Phase 'application' starting 0 add-ons
[supervisor.misc.tasks] All core tasks are scheduled
[supervisor.core] Supervisor is up and running
[supervisor.homeassistant.core] Home Assistant setup
[supervisor.docker.interface] Updating image ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:landingpage to ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2024.6.3
[supervisor.docker.interface] Downloading docker image ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant with tag 2024.6.3.
[supervisor.host.info] Updating local host information
[supervisor.resolution.check] Starting system checks with state running
[supervisor.resolution.checks.base] Run check for dns_server_failed/dns_server
[supervisor.host.services] Updating service information
[supervisor.host.network] Updating local network information
[supervisor.host.sound] Updating PulseAudio information
[supervisor.host.manager] Host information reload completed
[supervisor.resolution.checks.base] Run check for docker_config/system
[supervisor.resolution.checks.base] Run check for trust/supervisor
[supervisor.resolution.checks.base] Run check for multiple_data_disks/system
[supervisor.resolution.checks.base] Run check for security/core
[supervisor.resolution.checks.base] Run check for ipv4_connection_problem/system
[supervisor.resolution.checks.base] Run check for free_space/system
[supervisor.resolution.checks.base] Run check for no_current_backup/system
[supervisor.resolution.module] Create new suggestion create_full_backup - system / None
[supervisor.resolution.module] Create new issue no_current_backup - system / None
[supervisor.resolution.checks.base] Run check for dns_server_ipv6_error/dns_server
[supervisor.resolution.checks.base] Run check for pwned/addon
[supervisor.resolution.checks.base] Run check for disabled_data_disk/system
[supervisor.resolution.check] System checks complete
[supervisor.resolution.evaluate] Starting system evaluation with state running
[supervisor.resolution.fixup] Starting system autofix at state running
[supervisor.resolution.fixup] System autofix complete
[supervisor.docker.interface] Can't install ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2024.6.3: 404 Client Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.45/images/ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2024.6.3/json: Not Found ("No such image: ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2024.6.3")
[supervisor.homeassistant.core] Error on Home Assistant installation. Retrying in 30sec
[supervisor.docker.interface] Updating image ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:landingpage to ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2024.6.3
[supervisor.docker.interface] Downloading docker image ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant with tag 2024.6.3.
[supervisor.docker.interface] Can't install ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2024.6.3: 404 Client Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.45/images/ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2024.6.3/json: Not Found ("No such image: ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2024.6.3")

Last 4 lines just keep repeating. I’m gonna shut down that VM and fire up the one that won’t update for the time being. I mean, this doesn’t seem like rocket science, it’s not able to download the right file, but why not? I’ll try rebooting my router too, and changing the DNS servers… Who knows?

Check if you created a disk large enough.

@francisp as far as I can tell, I did. Here too is what the disks look like on the host machine:

# ls -l HAos/images/*
HAos/images/100:
total 19009732
-rw-r----- 1 root root      540672 Jun 18 19:22 vm-100-disk-0.raw
-rw-r----- 1 root root 34359738368 Jun 19 17:39 vm-100-disk-1.raw

HAos/images/101:
total 4420964
-rw-r----- 1 root root     4194304 Jun 18 19:58 vm-101-disk-0.raw
-rw-r----- 1 root root 34359738368 Jun 18 20:25 vm-101-disk-1.raw

100 is the (pretty much functional, but won’t upgrade) HAos VM install, and 101 is the new VM install that is flunking out at initialization. I just booted it back up to see what it will do… Still not working.

On the console, at ha > prompt I can of course login and doing that and issuing df it appears that there’s plenty of room available on /mnt/data.

Edit: Oh yeah I switched to Google for DNS and that didn’t seem to help either.

Incidentally, the whole reason I’m reporting this error is of course because my other VM won’t upgrade to HAos 12.4… I get this error when I attempt to do that (linebreaks added for ease of reading but it’s all on one line):

homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Error updating Home Assistant Operating System: Can't fetch OTA update from
https://github.com/home-assistant/operating-system/releases/download/12.4/haos_ova-12.4.raucb:
Response payload is not completed: <ContentLengthError: 400, message='Not enough data for satisfy content length
header.'>. ConnectionResetError(104, 'Connection reset by peer')

which is to say, I’m experiencing multiple fails in the download process.

So, not sure if this is going to work in the end, but trying this. In the Proxmox console, I got a shell from the ha > prompt and issued the command

docker pull ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2024.6.3

But one or more of the bits of the pull are incomplete. It keeps timing out on some of the parts, runs out of retries. Argh. Maybe just too much traffic right now or something? Donno. I’ll try issuing this command again early in the morning or something.

Check your IPv6 settings in your router, or even better, try disabling IPv6 completly, at least for the install. I’ve read about problems with IPv6 in combination with that Github address.

Can’t give any guarantees, it’s just a guess. Try it, if you have the time and will to test it. :slight_smile: