First time install not working

@paddy0174 I just shut down that VM, tired of waiting for the pull to succeed and fail… oh crud looking at my router, IPv6 is disabled already :sob:

1 Like

Got it done this morning. Pull completed, the new VM is ready to receive the tarball backup! Hurrah!!!

Edit: it was somewhat of a struggle getting the backup restored. Had to reinstall all my add-ons, with Z-Wave JS UI needing me to use a docker pull command, and this new VM install still won’t update itself… So perhaps I need to look into network issues on my end, because my suspicion is that it’s trying, it just keeps timing out on its docker commands. Indeed, Core 2024.6.4 was released today, and the GUI wouldn’t update it, so I (unsurprisingly) used

docker pull ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2024.6.4

which failed several times, but not nearly as many times as 2024.6.3 did last night. I then issued

core update

at the ha > prompt, and it took (I’m now fully updated). I guess I’ll be doing updates this way until either the network sorts itself out or I figure out what’s going wrong.

Hope this helps somebody.

1 Like

hi, i’m new too, and had the same problem, but in my case it was solved change the mtu to 1500 and force the instalation of haos to 1500 too, with this chanche, its let me finish the instalation

Hey @rmiras00 thanks - where did you change MTU, on your router?

I must admit my router was acting flaky during the time I couldn’t do pulls or wgets, I reset the whole 3-router setup and now things seem to be updating correctly (:crossed_fingers:) but I might try futzing around with MTU if things go south again.

I had a second virtual device with the same MAC address in my network.

Once the HA NUC was alone, everything worked