Flexit Nordic (BACnet) - Roadmap & ideas

fan_setpoint_home_supply
fan_setpoint_home_extract

Thank you so much for releasing this integration, it has been on my wishlist for years.

Whenever I use the kitchen hood, I also turn on fireplace mode on my flexit to make sure I got extra air coming in, that can be extracted in the kitchen. It would be nice if that mode could be set from Home Assistant. Then I could have a manual button or sensor to control the ventilation, instead of having to manually change it on the control panel like today.

1 Like

Great integration, and is working very well in my home, together with both HA and BeoLiving Intelligence. If possible the most correct is to have the user to choose either a internal sensor or external sensor as Ā«room temperatureĀ». In my instance the flexit room temperature is taken from the flexit panel that is mounted in my outdoor technical room, where there is no ventilation. So if I could choose another exisiting sensor I have in my house or an other sensor on the flexit that would make this more correct.

This looks great to me. I imagine the set points available will be restricted based on the other setpoints. Home cannot have a lower speed that Away, Boost cannot be lower than home, etc? At least it is this way in the flexit go app, but Iā€™m not sure whether the restriction is made by the app or by the device itself.

I have not updated the description of my CO2 PID controller because I have been tuning the PID controller for a while. Itā€™s about there now. The nice thing about it even without direct control of the fan speed is that when we leave the house it will automatically drop down to away mode as the CO2 level falls.

I think when your new controls are available in a release, I will first try regulating the speed of the ā€œHomeā€ fan preset to control the CO2 levels, and keep it between away, and boost levels, and then have some automation to fall back to away preset without any controller when the CO2 drops to the lowest level.

Hi, I just came across this lovelace card for ventilation systems:

I am not sure how mature it is (havenā€™t got it to work with my Flexit yet actually :frowning: and probably have to wait for the latest flexit-bacnet updates to be released anyway), but I like the idea. Maybe some changes are needed though?

@jeremyc this is gold! @lellky when can we get that added to HA officially? :wink:

That would be really nice indeed :slight_smile:

Thing is, it has been a lot of work to come this far (new features will be released in next major release). After that I would like to go back to the drawing table and discuss presets, bump of flexit_bacnet and enable/disable active/inactive sensors.

1 Like

Dear all, with the latest release we see the additional controls and status entities. This is great but I have only just started to look at them. With 2024.3.1 the Google cast integration was broken so I had to backtrack until 2024.3.2 came out earlier today. I will try to work on the node red CO2 PID control in the coming days/weeks.

I now have this third party visualisation working from HACS - heres my live view as of now:

Its a bit messy still as it needs attributes setting that we donā€™t have with flexit (bypass mode and summer mode) and I had to check the browser developer console (f12) for errors until I got it right.

Iā€™ll keep you posted.

3 Likes

I have a fairly new CL4 unit, with a humidity sensor built in.
I donā€™t see this value in HA, but Im not sure if that is a feature request or a bug.

This PR confuses me if its removed or not??

Some updates have been made to this hacs integration

and it now works well with a flexit device. I sent the developer a PR with some improvements to the documentation and these have been incorporated.

3 Likes

Thank you for the fantastic and easy integration. Iā€™m a newbe in HA and automation, so it would bee nice that new features has been updated in the first post. After the lates update in HA I have a lot off more sensors/entities.
I have Flexit Nordic model nr: POS3.67
Eks- In my integration, I only see Home, Away and Boost, not fireplace and kitchen hood mode. Should I?
Eks2 I have wireless humidity sensors built in my Flexit, and i see values in Flexit app, but not in the HA integrations, I would love having this sensors in HA.

Maybe I find this info another place, and then Iā€™m sorry for this. Thanks again, for this fantastic integration.