Flume Water Meter

I tried reinstalling @michaeldavie custom component but get the following errors now, I’m guessing the conflicting “flume” sensor from the “official” integration is the problem?

2020-03-03 16:24:49 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.weatheralerts.sensor] 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'alerts' 2020-03-03 16:24:49 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Error while setting up platform flume Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 150, in _async_setup_platform await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 442, in wait_for return fut.result() File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs) File "/config/custom_components/flume/sensor.py", line 41, in setup_platform CONF_CLIENT_SECRET: config.get(CONF_CLIENT_SECRET) File "/config/custom_components/flume/flume_homeassistant.py", line 81, in __init__ self.fetch_tokens() File "/config/custom_components/flume/flume_homeassistant.py", line 116, in fetch_tokens self.load_tokens(self.token_request(payload)) File "/config/custom_components/flume/flume_homeassistant.py", line 97, in token_request return response['data'][0] IndexError: list index out of range 2020-03-03 16:24:53 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.14] Error handling message: Unauthorized 2020-03-03 16:24:53 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update for image_processing.frontdoor_person_detector fails

Sorry, but I’ve basically abandoned my earlier work on this. If I have some time I’ll see if I can add some more features to the official component.

1 Like

Anyone having trouble with the official integration component? I’ve double-checked my configuration.yaml and that my username/pw/api keys are correct. The logs are showing me this:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyflume/__init__.py", line 59, in _response_error
    Eror message returned:{error_message}."""
Exception: Message:Can't get token for user <my email address here>
            Response code returned:400.
            Eror message returned:Refresh token is invalid.

I haven’t had any problems with the official integration other than the “utility-meter-ed” usage doesn’t match what the Flume App is reporting.
Prior to the official integration I occasionally had problems. I deleted the token file and restarted HA. That usually took care of the problem.

1 Like

Deleting the token file and restarting did the trick for me - thanks! I noticed that the name of my sensor changed from something like sensor.flume_sensor_12345678 to sensor.flume_sensor_home.

I’ll watch out to disconnect between the integration’s reporting the Flume App.

Thanks again!

Hi all -

I’m using the component and it works really well. However i pulled the data from influxDB and was working on graphing it and I too am seeing discrepancies from the flume app. I see that it appears that it is missing some of the data when doing the api calls based on what is in the influx DB. Especially if the water is running for periods of time. I took a shower the other day and it appeared to be the only hour where the usage was off. Not sure if maybe the API call got throttled or missed, and so the data got dropped?

Digging through this thread I understand now , it seems the official component in HA is this one:

Whereas the better one with all of the features (last 24 hours, today ,etc) is here:

I may try installing @michaeldavie 's custom component.

MichaelDavie, any chance you can jump back in and create a new official component based on your custom component or add today, this_month, last_60_min, last_24_hrs, current_min to the current official component?

Does this help? https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/utility_meter/

Or this? https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/integration/

Nickrout thanks! I will try them out and let you know.

I have tried the utility_meter and it’s complete off compared to the Flume App.
I also recently tried the integrate integration and that does not appear to be working either in the sense that it gives me values different than what I would expect and different again compared to the Flume App.
Granted - this is the first time I tried to the integrate integration so I could do something wrong.
Here is what I have:

sensor:
  - platform: integration
    source: sensor.flume_sensor_home
    name: water_usage_24
    unit_time: d
    method: trapezoidal
    round: 2
  - platform: integration
    source: sensor.flume_sensor_home
    name: water_usage_1h
    unit_time: h

With this and the utility_meter this is what I have:

My daily usage on the Flume App is 102 gallon.
I’'m not sure why integrating over 24 hour (1 day) can give me a lower value than Last hour but as I said - this could me using integration wrong.

We have a Github Issue we are tracking the latest feedback. Feel free to comment and/or provide assistance here. This is the project that is leveraged by the current Flume integration. https://github.com/ChrisMandich/PyFlume/issues/4

That’s awesome! Thanks for working on it, hopefully the official component can get all of your tweaks!

I’ll also post this in GitHub, but my Flume integration stopped reporting anything starting around 20 hours ago. The Flume App is working fine. I’ll investigate a little more, wonder if something changes on the Flume side.

I also can’t find any issues in the log at all.

EDIT: Oh, sorry that’s with the core version not the other version I just discovered. Will try that next.

EDIT2: Oh I read back through and seems the only real version is the official version now.

I deleted and reinstalled the integration and everything adds ok, a new token file is generated, no errors in the log but it show 0 usage while Flume app shows there is usage.

I noticed as well that the flume data is reporting zero and has for the past 48 hours or so. The binary sensor seems to be reporting OK (at least it says “on”) and not something like “unavailable”. I wonder if there is an issue with the flume API.

Must be, hasn’t thrown any errors that I can find, just seems to be grabbing zero for the data. I’ll write to Flume support.

EDIT: I’m in contact with an engineer at Flume and he says he tried accessing the API directly on his side and it is returning data. He asked for the post body, which I’m not sure will be easy for us to capture directly.

Guess I could find a sniffer or something.

@gbdesai, responded to the issue in Github. I can confirm experiencing the same issue although my dashboard is not populating either. I believe the issue is on Flume’s end.

For others awareness: https://github.com/ChrisMandich/PyFlume/issues/7

PyFlume has been updated and a pull request has been opened with HA. This Pull request resolves the error experienced by @gbdesai and also includes multiple Flume queries to mirror the dashboard.

1 Like

@ChrisMandich - i was trying to dig into why mine was showing all 0’s and re-visited this post.

I see all the checks for the code updates have passed, but i can’t tell the target release version. since this was a couple weeks ago, i’m assuming it’s in an update that’s not out yet? Are you more familiar with where i can see the target release?

@semag Target release is 0.114. It is currently merged in Dev. I don’t know the anticipated release date for this version at this time.