Forgot user and password of UI

Today, i finished to install Hass.io on Raspberry pi with hassos: 2.1 and homeassistant: 0.91.3. But unlucky, i forgot user and password to login to Web UI.
I find this topic: https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/authentication/#lost-owner-password . but i can not find /storage to delete it. Somebody show me where i can find it ? I am a newbie :frowning_face:
Thanks

Do you have any access to the hassio machine? ssh or samba or even physically to the sd card?
Check this out.

The folder is called .storage and is in your config directory.
You have to show hidden Folders/Files to see it.

i can only access by console. i read this topic. i stoped the service. but i couldn’t find ./storage to delete.

I install hassos. i can only acess console. because i don’t remember user and password on web ui

I’m using hassio on ubuntu server, so don’t know if it’s the same path.
Try this in the console:

cd /usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/.storage
rm auth
rm auth_provider.homeassistant 
rm onboarding
rm hassio

Reboot
If that doesn’t help, i think it’s better for you to make a clean new install.

dot storage ie .storage

Thanks for supporting me. but i can’t find the path. maybe i will reinstall.
But If the next time, someone forgot username and password then they must to reinstall, right ??. I need a answer from the developing team.
P/s: i install hassos on rpi with this file : hassos_rpi3-2.11.img that i downloaded from https://www.home-assistant.io/

Wrong. You have been told how to fix it.

1 Like

:mask:
Please post the output of:

ls -l /

of your console.

.storage is in your /config directory

If you are using the ssh addon console you should see it when you use ls -a

If you are directly connected to the pi with keyboard and monitor you would use root to get to the Hassio CLI. Then use login to continue to the host. (You’ll see a # prompt)

From the host, the directory is a little different. You want to cd /mnt/data/supervisor/homeassistant
and you will find .storage in there.

3 Likes

@cogneato when i type ls , i couldn’t find .storage.

Try ls -la and you will see it.

1 Like

finally i can see.storage in /mnt/data/supervisor/homeassistant/ by ls -la
Thank you so much for supporting.

3 Likes

oops. Yes, I should have been more specific. :flushed:

Hi Guys,
Im following serevral topic of how to reset my password and/or usrename… Unfortunatley without success.
I think my problem is, that i installed HA using this guide. (manual installation on a PI)
I am not able to find any config files an also nocht some hidden .storage folder to delete.
I tried all the above ls commands as User Pi, Root and inside the venv. Can anybody please give me a hint?
As this was asked for befro I will upload an image oh my ls -l/ results.
Thanks for any help.
Jayman

If you followed those directions exactly the files are under /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant

Thanks a lot, i did find that folder now an i found the .storage folder too.
I deleted the files mentioned in an other post i dont find right now.
I restarted my Pi an everything came back up. The User Interface asks me to enter new credentials. so far so good…but a click on “benutzerkonto anlegen” (“add user”) doesnt do anything. i tested this with firefos, chrome an IE. Does anybody have an idea?
One more thing, that could be the problem: The password recover Threads all mentiones that HA should be stopped befor deleting the files. I am searchin for hors, but I have NO idea how to simply stop and restart HA. As mentioned in my first Post, I am using this instalation method.
Maybe somebody could help me out with that. It could solve the problem.

Did you follow the directions to have it autostart on bootup?

If you did, it’s pretty simple.

sudo systemctl stop home-assistant@YOUR_USER