Frient Smoke Detector / ZHA

In the mean time im on

Home Assistant 2023.9.2
Supervisor 2023.09.2
Operating System 10.5
Frontend 20230911.0 - latest

The problems as described above are now also present in my instance - i cant change the sound or the strobe (could change sound earlier on my test buy), and had to restart as @sebinity said before. Temperature is now updating on the newly added devices but not on the older one; firmware both on 0x00040007.
Still dont know what the switch is used for (switch.kinderdachboden_feuermelder_switch)
edit: updated to 0x00040008, no changeā€¦

Hello
I cant seem to get the battery state to show after adding (displays unknown), I have restarted HA reloaded the config and tried re installing the device several times

Can anyone confirm the Battery level is displayed correctly and perhaps give me a few clues on how to resolve this issue, thanks
ZHA with Sonoff dongle

How did you manage to update the firmware?
Iā€™m using the Skyconnect with ZHA if that matters (no pun intended)

One alarm goes off, and I want HA to automatically activate all other alarms.

That is exactly what I want to do. Did you manage to get it working?

Update by OTA, see here and here.

Thank you. I managed to update it with Zigbee2MQTT. I also updated my Philips Hue bulbs but one of the updates was interrupted and now it drops off the network almost every day. Is there a way to force an update of the same firmware again?

Heyhey
I got about 20 of those guys working here with ZHA. (I got a large store)
Had some problems while configuring (as described already). The interview started and it was configuring without an end.
For me a reload of ZHA helped to show all entities.
So basically everything works (remotely turn siren on, see temperature and battery state), but I cant change any settings.
I got the options in ZHA to change volume and sirentone for example, but the sound doesnt change, if i change any setting here. (But I have no need to change anything here)

But I got a question to all using these devices.
Is there a way to (remotely) turn the siren off if smoke is detected?
Or is this only possible by pressing the device itself?
If smoke is detected the siren dwitch doesnt turn on. So i tried to turn the siren on and off bur this didnt mute the device.
Usecase:
If smoke is detected and im not present (at night or sundays for example) I got telegram messages every 10 seconds until I hit the inline button (and my cars horn is honking every 40 seconds to wake me up). So I dont need any alarm on yhe device, because I wont here it anyway.
If its a failure alarm the sound might (hardly) disturb the animals im selling in my store.
So muting the device would be nice.

What I did is creating a binary sensor group with the detectors in it for smoke with all entities off. Plus one sensor with max value from the sensor group with again all detectors for heat.

And using an automation with the following triggers:

• the smoke group turns on
  • the heat reaches 40 degrees
  • For each detector if turned off

Conditons:

• Check if still one smoke detector is detecting smoke or heat.

Actions:

• For each detector if off turn on

It seems like when manually turning one on it stops indeed after a few seconds. This way when one detector turns off the automation will re-run to re-activate it. No idea if this is the ideal solution, but it works for me. Luckily didnā€™t have a real fire yet, but when testing it Iā€™m pretty sure that with all detectors going off, all lights turning on, curtains opening and mutiple speakers screaming Fire (+ where), Iā€™m pretty sure we will wake up in time.

Well, luckily, here my automation after a fire is detected wasnt needed, either.
I used the smoke detected value from each fire alarm to trigger my automation.
Here Telegram Bot gives a message to me and my wife every 10 secs until I hit the inline keyboard button. And my car is honking every 40 seconds to wake me up.

But in your automation all detectors turn on if smoke is detected. This is what ill do here, too (if some1 is present) when all my smoke detectors are in its place (the ceiling in my store is 8 meters, need some assistance :o)

But did you found a way to mute a smoke detector that detected smoke via HomeAssistant?

I need about 20 minutes until I arrive my store.
It would be awsome to mute the smoke detectors sirene.
In case its a failure alarm the siren might harm the animals im selling here without any need (it wont if its muted)

does somebody manage to configure the sound/volume/strobe ?

Thanks for your advice! It also worked for me :slight_smile:

Little update from my side regarding how I handle the automation. Since Iā€™ve added some more detectors I wasnā€™t sure if it was the best solution. I noticed quite some delay between turning on and off. So the basics stay the same.

But as a trigger I just used if state siren turns off for any of the siren entities. And for the action I just set 1 service call to siren_on regardless of the current state for all the siren entities. This way there is less delay and they pretty much stay active without any interuption.

1 Like

Is siren-on an entity of the smoke alarm or of your group?
If I use siren-on there is no device or entity available
And are you using ZHA or Zigbee2MQTT for your smoke detectors?

Itā€™s for the smoke alarms, in the entity list they all show up (9x) + the alarm system 2x. Iā€™m using ZHA.

I think itā€™s because you use ZHA then. I used ZHA for a moment before I switched to Z2MQTT. The strange thing they have a completely different kind of sensors.

Well the siren is switchable, might be a binary sensor? You could just try it out from the entity window to see which one turns on the siren and use that one probably. Unless itā€™s not appearing at all of course.

Yes, I do have that binary sensor, itā€™s called alarm. So that should be the same as your siren switch. I used them to switch on the others when one detector is activated, but it is not working reliable. Iā€™m going to try to make them a group and see if that works better

I switched to ZHA, mainly because there is a bug in Z2M that causes devices to drop off the network. I made a detection group for the smoke detectors and one for the temp sensors. I also tried to make a group for the sirens but that doesnā€™t seem to be possible (no groups that are able to add sirens). The biggest problem I have though is that when I do a service call to switch on sirens they only turn on for about 10 seconds and then go quiet again. @Aphotrax how did you solve that? In Z2M there was an entity ā€œmax durationā€ which defined the time the alarm sounds. I donā€™t see that in ZHA

Edit: I got over your post again and see you had the same problem and solved it with reactivating it in the automation. Strange thing is that (as far as I can remember) the sound continues when activated in Z2M.

Unfortunately not. It seems as if it got broken with the latest firmware update.

Anyone can help with automation? When smoke is detected, send notification to mobile phone. Please share if you have this. Thanks.