Frigate Mobile App Notifications 2.0

did you update the blueprint? if so should i delete and re add or i should i not bother since i made the change manually? also, should i keep both actions in the auto loop and auto ?

Yes I did the change the other day in the beta.

Doesn’t really matter. Might as well just update when it next has features you want.

1 Like

great. i just got a false positive from the notification. the automation got triggered but not because of a person entering zone but i checked the camera events on frigate and it does the person was in the zone…was not… but when i went to camera debug there was a red and green box around the time seconds moving… i wonder if that caused it… any idea how to get rid of that? i downloaded the trace file right after the false trigger. should that i send that over and if so how can i attach it.

If frigate says the person was in the zone then it makes sense that you received a notification. At least I think that it was you are saying here.

1 Like

Hii… You can use the masking feature to remove the time window frok motion detection area.

2 Likes

ahh will do thanks masking hides motion from being picked up?

For some reason my notification automation has spontaneously borked itself. I went to check why the notifications are not coming through, and edited the automation away from a group notification to a single device, and it wouldn’t work either.

Getting the below error when attempting to save the automation with the group.

Message malformed: Unknown device 'False'

Any ideas?

Same as discussed three times in past 2 weeks:

On the unknown device one select a device. Same as above.

2 Likes

I’m having some problems receiving notifications occasionally. I have a basic example.

In my Frigate Config I have persons, and dog objects turned on for recording and events. I want the dogs to be recorded in my yard, but I don’t want notifications for them. My blueprint is set to filter only persons.

Automation is triggered by the dog in my yard, miliseconds later another event is triggered for the person walking that dog. I receive no notification for the person being detected because the dog triggered the automation but was filtered out. There’s a cooldown at that point so I don’t get the person notification that follows.

I only see a couple options, both of which aren’t good for my situation.

1. Disable dog object detection in Frigate.
  2. Remove the cooldown on notifications.

Is there any way around this? I would think the best solution would be for the automation to track the last time it successfully sent a notification, not the last time the automation ran.

You have correctly assessed the situation.

If anyone identifies how to track the last successful notification or automation action we can probably achieve what you propose.

There is one other option you could use if your hardware can handle more cameras.

Set up the camera twice, one for people and one for dogs. Use the people camera in this automation. It’s very easy with gortc restreams now.

I can not get this blueprint to install. Keeps giving me a error.

See above. :slight_smile: Be sure you have set a notification device, even if you are using a notification group. Otherwise be more specific about the error.

1 Like

Is there a way when you click the notification, for it to open the Frigate stream in the Home Assistant iOS app? Currently It opens Safari and plays the stream, or if I set to open Frigate, just takes me to the main Frigate page, which I then have to click the relevant stream.

1 Like

Hi! I am playing with beta version and sound detection, is it possible to send notifications when a baby is crying with this blueprint? It is easy with a normal automation but I do not find out how to filter audio events with the blueprint. Thanks!

No guarantee. But if you don’t use a baseurl many of the links should open in the app rather than the browser. It’s been inconsistent between users forever.

The blueprint is built around frigate events as the trigger, so audio is not something that can be a trigger. You could use it as a filter, but would miss lots of events.

I have put baby monitors in frigate before, but I still get alerts from the camera app directly.

Thanks! filtering “crying” in the audio is working pretty good, at least in last beta, no false negatives or positives in 2 days testing. Frigate triggers a binary sensor that is easy to use in a “normal” automation but I have no idea where I should put this in the blueprint.

I’m not familiar with how you are filtering crying but if you want to use a binary sensor as a filter then you just enter it in either the state filter or custom filter (using a template) fields

1 Like

How do we setup notifications for only Doorbell presses?

This is for Frigate, so I’m guessing you don’t really want this blueprint.