Frigate Mobile App Notifications 2.0

I just updated from .08 to .12 on @SgtBatten’s version, and I’m no longer getting the snapshot photos in the notification consistently. I get one about every 10 or so notifications. When I look at the jpg url in Traces, I’m able to see the photo fine in a browser.

Please provide the automation config (yaml) as well as a screenshot of the trace graphic when this occurs. Are you on iOS or Android?

Appreciate the help, I’m on Android. I am getting the occasional notification with an attached image, but not all the time. It is happening on different automations and different cameras as well as a freshly imported blueprint and one I just pasted over from the original.

This one did not have an image associated in the notification but I did receive a notification as shown in the screenshot and can view the image in the notification part of the trace:

id: '1677435753322'
alias: Frigate Notification (0.11.0.12) - Garage
description: ''
use_blueprint:
  path: hunterjm/frigate_notification.yaml
  input:
    tv_transparency: 0%
    camera: camera.garage
    notify_group: notify_phones
    base_url: https://xxxx.nabu.casa
    alert_once: true
    zone_filter: true
    zones:
      - driveway
      - front_yard
    silence_timer: 5
    cooldown: 10
    button_3: Silence
    tv_size: large
    update_thumbnail: false
    tv_position: center

Thanks very much, that helped me to find the issue. There was an incorrect image data parameter being sent to android devices when using group notifications. I will release version 0.11.0.13 shortly.

Glad to hear it! I did create a separate testing automation that sends just to me and found images are coming through just fine. So that would make sense.

Digging in a little more, I definitely have a mess of blueprints and automations so this may be on me as well. Once you’ve got an update I’ll start from scratch to be better equipped going forward.

I have just updated the gists to versions .13 and .13a. both contain the same fix.

Stable version .13 contains a few new changes that were previously in beta, mostly to do with customising the action buttons. Anyone upgrading from to .13 should review their yaml to check any custom urls match the new names. (If you don’t use custom urls it should be fine.)

Also added is the doubletake name replacement for when you have a face match.

Hello, I tested both versions and both mostly work apart from not showing the screenshot with notifications or when press one of the options gives me a webpage with error 404. I’m using nabu casa server as my external address. Might done something wrong that I don’t know but the notifications still coming

Hi, can you please share the yaml view of your automation.

Remove the unique part of the nabu case url but leave the structure please.

hello here it goes:
This the end of the link I get: https://…ui.nabu.casa/api/frigate/notifications/1677582583.165612-rqrvoh/kitchen/clip.mp4
Somehow the automation is not able to pick no screenshot or clips.
this the title of the clip in media: kitchen-1677582583.165612-rqrvoh-clean.png

I set up my automations again and everything is working, thank you!

Now the issue I’m trying to solve is receiving notifications when the object is outside of the zone. I have the zone defined in my frigate.yaml and the blueprint automation, but it’s still sending me notifications.

alias: Frigate Notification (0.11.0.13) - SgtB - Garage
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: SgtBatten/frigate_0.11_notification.yaml
  input:
    tv_transparency: 0%
    camera: camera.garage
    notify_group: notify_phones
    base_url: https://xxxx.ui.nabu.casa
    alert_once: true
    cooldown: 10
    silence_timer: 5
    tv_size: large
    zones:
      - driveway
      - front_yard
    tv_position: center
    color: grey

Does this url work right now in a browser?

In the blueprint there’s a zone filter toggle you need to set to true/on for the zones to be considered as a condition.

1 Like

I probably looked at the blueprint 100 times and skipped right over that :man_facepalming: Thank you again!!

1 Like

No, link comes up with: 404 not found. But files are all in the media folders: clips and recordings.
Clips show me image with the box not a few sec clip. as my recording folder have all the small actual clips as they are all short.

Perhaps you have an external access issue to resolve in the first place?

I assume you can access home assistant when not at home via nabu casa?

How is frigate installed?

I have external access is not an issue as I have conection to it outside the local network. Frigate i installed via add on frigate (full access).

The url should be working if the clip exists. Perhaps you are not storing all relevant snapshots and recordings that the blueprint is notifying you about. Please share your frigate config?

My clips folder has the videos.

mqtt:
  host:
  user:
  password: 

birdseye:
  enabled: True
  width: 1920
  height: 1080
  quality: 8
  mode: continuous
ffmpeg:
  output_args:
    record: -f segment -segment_time 10 -segment_format mp4 -reset_timestamps 1 -strftime 1 -c:v copy -c:a aac
cameras:
  kitchen:
    ffmpeg:
      inputs:
        - path: 'rtsp://user:[email protected]:554/stream2'
          roles:
            - detect
            - rtmp
            - snapshot
            - record
            - clips
    record:
      enabled: true
      events:
        retain:
          default: 30
    snapshots: 
  rear:
    ffmpeg:
      inputs:
        - path: 'rtsp://user:[email protected]:554/stream2'
          roles:
            - detect
            - rtmp
            - clips
            - record
            - snapshot
    record:
      events:
        retain:
    snapshots: 
  front:
    ffmpeg:
      inputs:
        - path: 'rtsp://pass:[email protected]:554/stream2'
          roles:
            - detect
            - rtmp
            - clips
            - record
            - snapshot
    record:
      events:
        retain:
    snapshots: 
objects:
  track:
    - person
    - motorcycle
    - car
    - cat

detect:
  stationary:
    interval: 0
    threshold: 50

detectors:
  cpu1:
    type: cpu
    num_threads: 1
  cpu2:
  cpu3:

neither of these are valid roles. but i suspect not the issue.

Please confirm the events actually exists as a viewable video? Your note about the clips folder only containing snapshots is not my experience. Which version of frigate are you using?

Having an odd issue at the moment where i have a notification automation setup with the blueprint to send to a group of iOS devices. However only 1 of the 2 are getting notifications.

I duplicated the automation and set it to just my device, noticed on the most recent trace the automation shows it “should” send the notification to my device however the automation is still running. At time of writing its at 17 iterations…

It seems to be stuck around loitering which is set to 0 in my config.

I dont really get what has changed, other notifications to my device work fine so issue is with this automation…