Frigate Mobile App Notifications

thank you again for your effort.

This is awesome updates, thank you!

Have you thought about also adding the ability to include a live stream of the camera in the notification and/or a link to the live stream? Thatā€™s something Iā€™m trying to figure out how to do right now.

Hi Jan.

Please private message me your latest frigate.yml as well as the automation configuration and a screenshot of all entities that appear when you type ā€œcamera.cā€ on the home assistant entities page located at settings>devices and services (darkish blue)>entities.

Iā€™ve had a look at the frigate docs and there is an rtmp url you could use in theory but it requires you to setup external access to frigate (e.g reverse proxy (safe) or port forwarding (not so safe)), so not as straight forward.

rtmp://<frigate_host>:1935/live/front_door

Is it possible to add a link to this in the notification? absolutely. is it going to work for most people easily? not so much.

Thatā€™s all iā€™ve found so far.

1 Like

Hi
it works now.

Many Thanks

Hi.
I recently installed HA with frigate. Camera works fine, events also, but I have a problem with configuring notification via blueprint for my mobile phone.

My frigate config:

mqtt:
  host: 192.168.1.49
  user: mqtt-user
  password: XXX

cameras:
  fronthome: # <------ Name the camera
    ffmpeg:
      #input_args: -avoid_negative_ts make_zero -fflags +genpts+discardcorrupt -rtsp_transport tcp
      inputs:
        - path: rtsp://192.168.1.21:8888/mystream
          roles:
            - record
            - clips
    rtmp:
      enabled: false # <-- RTMP should be disabled if your stream is not H264
    detect:
      width: 1920 # <---- update for your camera's resolution
      height: 1080 # <---- update for your camera's resolution
    snapshots:
      enabled: True
      timestamp: False
      bounding_box: True
      retain:
        default: 2

detectors:
    cpu1:
     type: cpu
    cpu2:
     type: cpu

automations.yaml:

- id: '1667147262331'
  alias: FrigateNotification
  description: ''
  use_blueprint:
    path: hunterjm/frigate_0.10_notification.yaml
    input:
      camera: fronthome
      notify_device: a3cc949b3ac83c8357b7cc5693caef94

Info:

Additional info:
Frigate version: 0.11.1-2eada21
Blueprint: 0.10.0
It is a fresh HA + frigate install. Ha is hosted on Virtualbox on x86-64 machine. Frigate was installed via Hacs store.

Does anyone knows what I missed? Why automation is never fired? Could I provide more info?

Try this fix, or use my one which is linked in this thread.

Fix worked, thanks for bringing this up :slight_smile: Now I receive notifications

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to use this blueprint to trigger a separate automation?
For Halloween, I have a fog machine that is controllable from HA. Iā€™d like to use this blueprint, which I already use for general detection, to also trigger the fog machine when someone is detected.

Would I have to change the blueprint or does HA have a way to detect when an automation is triggered and use that to trigger another automation?

1 Like

Use the automation triggering as a trigger for another automation that turns on you smoke machine.

trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - automation.car_on_carpark_frigate
    to: "on"

I think that should do it.

1 Like

Hi guys, Iā€™ve just installed this Blueprint on my Home Assistant running on an Unraid VM.

Each time I click ā€˜Runā€™, it appears to run then becomes immediately ā€˜Unavailableā€™. Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve got the Frigate integration installed. Frigate runs on a separate Docker.

This is my automations.yaml:

- id: '1667261906958'
  alias: Frigate Notification (0.10.0)
  description: ''
  use_blueprint:
    path: hunterjm/frigate_0.10_notification.yaml
    input:
      camera: Driveway
      notify_device: 8ee84f1e29ac3882ee377d8f610ca4c9
      critical: true
      update_thumbnail: true
      labels:
      - person
      zones:
      - driveway_people
      zone_filter: true

You canā€™t trigger it (run) manually. It requires information from MQTT. You will need to walk in front of your camera to make it trigger.

If you are using frigate version 0.11 you need to apply the fix posted several times in the past weeks, otherwise it will error.

1 Like

Iā€™m trying to manage telegram notification using Nodered, but I still didnā€™t succeeded.
Can you share your flow ?
Thanks

If you use MQTT explorer and monitor your events, you can copy the MQTT message from the event you are interested in and then publish it to your MQTT server.

This will trigger the automation for you and save you the trouble of walking in front of the camera.

Very useful for fault finding.

Ahh interesting, just retransmit a message. Nice one!

Thanks but it appears Iā€™m using Frigate 0.10.1-83481af.

How do I check if my MQTT server is operating correctly?

Thanks, Iā€™m using ā€˜Mosquito brokerā€™ which must be working to a certain extent because Frigate is starting normally. How do I determine the MQTT messages associated with my desired event?

You need to start by downloading MQTT Explorer.

Then log in to your Mosquito broker and watch the messages arriving.

Youā€™ll see something like this:

Copy the Event value from the right and then publish it back to your broker to trigger your automations.

Is there a way to set it so there is a button on the notification that opens up the live camera in frigate instead ?

I know you can set it to open up lovelace panels but HA is very clunky and unreliable with that sort of thing.

Seems like theres a problem with Frigate, you cant reference directories like /events/ or /cameras/camera from HA ingress.

The HA api only has a few endpoints, so you would need to expose frigate directly to the internet and use that url if desired.

Iā€™m planning to add a custom button to the blueprint but not sure the best way to do it that will work for most people. Probably need to point it to the frigate tab in home assistant.