Fronius Wattpilot

@mk-maddin any suggestion how device_id could be found, which is necessary to define in service call to set next trip timing?

There are multiple options :slight_smile:

My preferred one is via a HA template from an entity_id of that device.
Example like the following:

{{ device_id('select.wattpilot_charging_mode') }}

This can be extended to find all entities for an integration and from there select the first one to find the corresponding device id:

{{  device_id(integration_entities('wattpilot') | first) }}

Alternatively you can get it from the URL within device view:

Or (probably the most obvious one) within developer tools you configure the service via GUI & then switch to YAML mode:

2 Likes

Thank you mk-maddin for the work on that custum component. Unfortunatly it doesn´t work with my wattpilot. I always get the massage “wrong password”. What password is required? I tried the local one for the hotspot and the cloud access password.

1 Like

Hey,

the password to use is the same you are using during the setup process within the Wattpilot App - like here:

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for your integration. Unfortunately I am not able to install. Here is what I did:

-Downloaded the wattpilo-0.2 package
-unzipped and got into src folder. took the wattpilot folder and copied everything into my custom_components folder in HA
-restarted HA

There are no new integrations available. What am I missing?

Thanks
Danielwattpilot_custom

Hey,
Not sure which files you extracted, but the content of your custom_components/wattpilot folder should look like in the following screenshot - so you defenitely have the wrong files in there :wink:

1 Like

ok then - I´v just downloaded the wrong “wattpilot” folder! It works, great! Thanks a lot.

I have one more question: the connection to my solar inverter seems to be based on the correct ip address, however the state is surely not correct

What can I do here?

And is it possible to get the current PV-Surplus in kW oder Wh? This is nicely done in the app and I would like do display this in hass aswell.

I tryed to “Import” my Wattpilot, but i get some errors:

Logger: custom_components.wattpilot.config_flow
Source: custom_components/wattpilot/config_flow.py:112
Integration: Fronius Wattpilot (documentation)
First occurred: 20:23:05 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 20:23:05

wattpilot - OptionsFlowHandler: async_step_config_charger failed: ‘OptionsFlowHandler’ object has no attribute ‘data’ (builtins.AttributeError)

can anyone help me?

Hi,

nice to hear you are using my integration.
Could you please provide some more details?

• HA Version used
  • Wattpilot Integration used
  • Wattpilot firmware version used
  • How did you install the Wattpilot integration?
1 Like

Home Assistant 2022.11.2
Supervisor 2022.10.2
Operating System 9.3
Frontend 20221108.0 - latest

Wattpilot: 38.5
Did Install it With your github-instructions

I User Thiel:
GitHub - mk-maddin/wattpilot-HA: This is a custom component to allow control… 263

Have you found a solution?

Sorry had some days off.

To be truth I am not able to reproduce the issue when setting up a NEW (new in this case meaning a wattpilot device that is not currently connected to HA) wattpilot connection.
The behavior you describe happens when you click the “configure” button of an existing wattpilot instance.
2022-11-23_17-02-40

Never the less this is a known error which at the moment i unfortunately do not have time to fix.
(see: GitHub - mk-maddin/wattpilot-HA: This is a custom component to allow control of Fronius Wattpilot wallbox/electro vehicle charging devices in Homeassistant.)
So as written in the instructions on github the workaround would be: If you want to change options remove and re-add the wattpilot device.

Have found the problem… its in front of the Computer xD used the false IP

Mfg Tangir

1 Like

@mk-maddin nice to see someone working on a Wattpilot integration. What are the plans, to integrate it with existing Fronious integration or create an official separate integration for Wattpilot?

I don’t have plans to make this an official integration.
The efforts for keeping up-to-date and going with latest requirements for HA official integration are simply too high for this “spare time” project.

As of now, nobody maintaining the fronius integration has contacted me, asking for a merge and to be truth the systems themselves (API background etc.) are too different (in fact the Wattpilot is a “rebranded” version of the Go-E charger with additional options) - so from my point of view it would be more helpful to everyone to merge with some Go-E Charger integration, than with Fronius integration.

Hello :wave:!
I think you are right, these are very different systems.
Nevertheless if you decide you want to add it to core Fronius I’m here for discussion and review.

2 Likes

@mk-maddin Great integration :+1:!

I am new to HA and run a complete Fronius setup including Wattpilot. I am happy you created this integration and hope it will become an official integration one or the other way.

Seems to work fine so far. I will report if I see any issues.

Looking forward to further updates to the integration.

By the way, shouldn’t the device-class of the sensor connection_charged be energy instead of power?

Thanks for the feedback.
See commit 566ca44 where this has been adjusted.

I will push it with the next release.

@mk-maddin
My WattPilot arrived few days ago, and i installed your component, thank you so much.
I plan to change some parameters bases on the kwh price of the day. (allowing or not network usage in eco mode, adding French TEMPO prices).

Thanks for your feedack.

Nice to hear :slight_smile:

1 Like