Fronius Wattpilot

@mk-maddin nice to see someone working on a Wattpilot integration. What are the plans, to integrate it with existing Fronious integration or create an official separate integration for Wattpilot?

I donā€™t have plans to make this an official integration.
The efforts for keeping up-to-date and going with latest requirements for HA official integration are simply too high for this ā€œspare timeā€ project.

As of now, nobody maintaining the fronius integration has contacted me, asking for a merge and to be truth the systems themselves (API background etc.) are too different (in fact the Wattpilot is a ā€œrebrandedā€ version of the Go-E charger with additional options) - so from my point of view it would be more helpful to everyone to merge with some Go-E Charger integration, than with Fronius integration.

Hello :wave:!
I think you are right, these are very different systems.
Nevertheless if you decide you want to add it to core Fronius Iā€™m here for discussion and review.

2 Likes

@mk-maddin Great integration :+1:!

I am new to HA and run a complete Fronius setup including Wattpilot. I am happy you created this integration and hope it will become an official integration one or the other way.

Seems to work fine so far. I will report if I see any issues.

Looking forward to further updates to the integration.

By the way, shouldnā€™t the device-class of the sensor connection_charged be energy instead of power?

Thanks for the feedback.
See commit 566ca44 where this has been adjusted.

I will push it with the next release.

@mk-maddin
My WattPilot arrived few days ago, and i installed your component, thank you so much.
I plan to change some parameters bases on the kwh price of the day. (allowing or not network usage in eco mode, adding French TEMPO prices).

Thanks for your feedack.

Nice to hear :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Martin, Thanks for the work on this integration - really appreciated!

Had a wattpilot installed this morning and loaded this integration this afternoon - all good :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve only looked at the entities so far (Iā€™ll get to cards & layout later) and note a couple of things

1. number.charging_power : device class is current (6-32 amps) so should be charging_current ?
    Also, description isnā€™t correct? (Charging range per hour).
  2. number.start_chargig_at : minor typo? start_charging_at

bq

1 Like

Just a question.

Iā€™m trying to create an automation based on sensor.wattpilot_charging_energy (W)
Iike if the (for 5 min) charging energy > 1400 (min charging of watt pilot ) + my water boiling consumption (And ChargingBecausePvSurplus )

It seems not working (but ok for sensor.power_real_fronius_meter_0_192_168_1_84 ).
It seems that wattpilot_charging_energy is updated every seconds on less. Maybe this the cause ? Is there a need to update wattpilot_charging_energy so often ? Do you see another reason ?

Well the state is updated on every value change and this seems absolutely fine to me. Independently of this - how does a different update cycle change your problem?

I have not tested the behavior you describe, but if it is the case as you tell and a numeric_state trigger with above & for option is ā€œinterruptedā€ whenever the entity state is updated (independently of an value above or below the given option) this sounds more like a bug in the numeric_state trigger to meā€¦

Letā€™s e.g. say we update ever 1min - the issue you described stays exactly the same. It does not matter if the state is updated after 1sec or 1min - the ā€œforā€ option is interrupted.
Alternatively what would happen if we set the update time e.g. to every 5min 1sec? Whenever a value lower your 1400+X limit is recieved your automation will trigger because there is simply no update to the entity- even if there is a charging value above 1400+X in meantime - got it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

forget my message, it works well in factā€¦ iā€™m sill refining the automationsā€¦

One remark :
Even if i assign a static IP adress to WattPilot on the DHCP configuration on my wifi router, if i cut the alim of wifi and rasberry, the Watt Pilot integration fails to start with this error :slight_smile:
(on my side my Rasberry alim is plugged into an USB connector of my wifi router, but this can occur after any global power cut)

Logger: custom_components.wattpilot
Source: custom_components/wattpilot/init.py:63
c9bf704561c0f37f3b32857f9c1915f6 - async_setup_entry: Timeout - charger not connected: False (15 sec)

Workaround is to delete the integration, add it again with the same IP adress & password.

In this case HA should retry the setup after some seconds / minutes. No delete/setup should be necessary imho.

1 Like

i changed the config timeout from 15s to 150s, i will try again if it helps

Hello!

I have a Huawei solar system, integrated in HA.
I want to charge the car with the PV surplus.
Can I dynamically change the charging power with this integration within a charging cycle (using smartmeter and inverter sensor data from a Huawei custom integration in HA)?
If yes, is it possible to set a separate power for each phase?

Thanks.

i would suggest using https://evcc.io/ : now supports WattPilot, and many PV systems like Hausinstallation | evcc - Sonne tanken ā˜€ļøšŸš˜
Wallboxen | evcc - Sonne tanken ā˜€ļøšŸš˜

@mk-maddin - Thank you very much for this integration. It works pretty well, almost :wink: But with the issues i will write in github project.

Here i have question - can you add sensors with energy utilization for users? I have two cars (bussines and private) and third car (private car my wifeā€™s). For now i had two counters (Fronius Smart Meter) when i can count energy consumption separately for business car and two private cars.

But with that system will be very good to pickup information by users (RFID cards). This feature is build-in with Wattpilot system and provide by @joscha82 in Wattpilot Python library. Butā€¦ iā€™m not a coder :wink: I donā€™t know how to implement in yourā€™s integration.

The sensors must be in class energy, so that will added to energy monitoring.

Can you look at this? A can give you virtual coffe for this feature :slight_smile:

Wrote you pm for some more details on my understanding :slight_smile:

Ok i had to reboot my Wifi and i could test, increasing timeout to 150s did not helped for that time, but reloading the Wattpilot integration in ā€œintegrationā€ was just fine, this is ok for me

thanks its working
it will took some time to understand how to install.
i did it with HACS