Fronius Wattpilot

THX Martin
Sorry, next time i will put request on Git Hub project page. :slight_smile:

So…

ID_Chip_0 : “trx”: 1,
ID_Chip_2 : “trx”: 3, [edited - my mistake]
no transaction: “trx” : null,

It’s working exactly that you think :smiley:

In my opinion second version will be much clearer. It’s absolutely enough information to prepare automatisation with condition.

hey,

can you try Add sensor for currently active transaction chip/card · mk-maddin/wattpilot-HA@e549dad · GitHub
Remember after copying the new files HA needs a full restart - not only
The entity ‘sensor.wattpilot_id_chip_current’ is disabled by default the same way as the chip configuration entities - you will have to enable it once updated.

If you think its fine I can make a new release - there have been some more changes since v0.1.8 that can be brought into production :slight_smile:

Works perfect :slight_smile:
You can put this feature to the next release.

have you by any chance looked into the “wda” key? I noticed that it is present but with no description. I found it mentioned in discussions about the go-e charger. Eigenen WLAN Hotspot abschalten · Issue #35 · goecharger/go-eCharger-API-v2 · GitHub
Apparently it deactivates the Wifi hotspot. It does work only on the http API, not the JSON one.
This would be quite a useful feature, if supported by the Fronius API. I tried the suggested http request and it was not recognized.

‘wda’ it is already implemented - so to be truth I do not fully get your question?

Many thanks for you reply. I had presumed that it isn’t implemented because I did not see wda in the list of entities. Seems I don’t understand how to use config entities, yet.

Update: I found the switch and changed its state via the developer tools. It didn’t have an effect on the Wattpilot, though. Does the state change get transferred to the Wattpilot immediately?
Just trying to ensure I am doing things correctly.
Did you ever sucessfully use this switch?

Hi,
firstly, @mk-maddin, thanks. greate work to bring this to HA … but unfortunately it is not running stable in my environment :frowning:

After installing the Wattpilot a couple of weeks ago and haveing now a BEV in the courtyard, I also installed the integration via HACS to fiddle around in HA. The Integration works well, but all the entities become eventually unavailable. Even reloading the integration does not help, i.e. all entities became unavailable yesterday morning. I tried to reload the integration yesterday, but I got a config error. Today, reloading brought the integration back online.

I expierenced this behavour also earlier when I installed the integration by copying the directory manually … thought I made a mistake there and were happy when I saw it was available in HACS. However, even after installing the integration via HACS, the behaviour persists :frowning:

Does anyone else have this behaviour? Thanks!

Kind Regards,
Stephan

*** Some further information

• HA Generic x86-64 (latest Releases)
  • Wattpilot Go 11 J 2.0, FW 40.7

I don’t have any problems with the integration. It has been 100% stable for many months. HA in docker, HACS loaded integration.

1 Like

hey,

bad to hear you are experiencing problems.
Is the Wattpilot still reachable via the official Wattpilot App?

• If no:
    Please check you WIFI … the wattpilot WIFI module is …let’s say a candidate for improvements

• if yes:
    Please remove the wattpilot from home assistant, then restart your wattpilot device via the App (within the app select “internet” in the lower menu and then “Reboot”), after this reconnect the wattpilot in home assistant. if this re-setup was successfully I would be happy if you could share the diagnostics (feel free to share via DM as “preformatted text” or via github as file)

Hope this helps and thank you for reporting :slight_smile:

Hi, i have the same issue described above… It worked for a couple of days, then I can’t communicate anymore inside Ha with the charger, despite the fact it is online and it can be reached by the fronius app.

Here is the error from the logfile:

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: custom_components.wattpilot
Source: custom_components/wattpilot/init.py:63
Integration: Fronius Wattpilot (documentation)
First occurred: 22:33:25 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 22:33:48

57efe9bcca58ff8d88e94bc0d90771a4 - async_setup_entry: Timeout - charger not connected: False (15 sec)

This is after having removed the wattpilot Integration and after having rebooted the charger.

Hi @mk-maddin ,
acutally, I tried everything to bring this up and running stable. One approach is left, but I need to try over christmas: Factory reset of the Wattpilot and start the installation from scratch.

However, I have the issue this morning again: The entities are becoming gradually unavailable, currently it looks like this in my dashboard:

I switched on the integration’s debug logging after recognising this and hope to get some data from that afer fiddling around to bring it up and running again.

The log is full of error messages from wattpilot:

Would it help to send you some details from the log? Then I need some guidance how to obtain these or the diagnostic data …

And last but not least: I also fiddled around with the OCPP Add-On from the community store. Although the Wattpilot integration cannot cummincate cia the Wattpilot-Integration, communication via OCPP is up and running:

@pzucchel, @bernieq just out of curiosity: What wattpilot hardware are you using? Mine is a Go 11 2.0 …

I have the go 22, firmware release 40.

@pzucchel & @Steph_Reisbach
as you say wattpilot app/OCPP is fine, please provide diagnostics:

To me it sounds like you have some connection interrupts / open sessions, then after X open sessions wattpilot cannot handle new ones and does not accept new/reconnected sessions.
But it is just guessing and no coordinated troubleshooting without detailed diagnostics data.

What you can test additionally is the situation after you reboot wattpilot from the App (which should close all sessions - even the disconnected ones) , then reload the HA integration (which then should use one of new free sessions).

Just rebooted the Wattpilot in the App and re-loaded the integration … all entities are available now. Let’s see, how long …

I send you my dignostic data via DM …

Hi,
I did not get how to implement the set time for the next trip function with your post. Could you explain that a bit? Anyway, thanks for your work on this great implementation!
Best regards
Andi

same here. rebooted the wattpilot and reset the integration and it works. OCPP kept working all the time, as well as the fronius app…

Thanks for diagnostics - send you the analysis via DM

I’m seeing the same issue with the wattpilot integration. This was not happening until I updated HA to 2023.12 (previously I had 2023.6)

Hi,
I’m trying to create a button in the homescreen to set the time for the nexttrip without the need of navigating to the services.

• entity: input_datetime.wattpilot_settimetobefull
    name: Wattpilot laden bis
  • type: button
    tap_action:
    action: call-service
    service: wattpilot.set_next_trip
    data:
    device_id: a3a35a828f9847995981ed94ef3c74af
    trigger_time: ‘12:00:00’
    name: Speichern

I created a helper called “input_datetime.wattpilot_settimetobefull” where i can easily set a time. Now i want to use this time for the trigger_time. Somehow i can’t get this working… Anyone got an idea?

BR
Andi