Fronius Wattpilot

My Wattpilot sometimes detects a residual current (“Fehlerstrom erkannt” in german; the LEDs light up pink, the LEDs at the top flash red) and stops charging. In such a case, I’d like to send a notification to my phone.

This error state is reported as property car == 5 by the underlying wattpilot library:

wattpilot> properties car
Properties:
- car (integer, alias:carState, rw:R): Car State
  Description: carState, null if internal error (Unknown/Error=0, Idle=1, Charging=2, WaitCar=3, Complete=4, Error=5)
  Value: Error (raw:5)

But the HA integration shows carState == ‘charging’ when this happens, so I have no chance to detect this error state within HA.

This looks like an error in the HA integration to me; the state of the entity carState doesn’t change from ‘charging’ to ‘error’, when this happens, despite the underlying property changes to value 5 (‘Error’).

Could you please check if there could really be an error in the interpretation of the ‘car’ property of the wattpilot library in the HA integration?

BTW: when this residual current is detected, the proterty ‘err’ / entity internalError in the HA integration is not affected; I assume because this state is not an internal but an external error from the view of the Wattpilot.

Hi there,
unfortunatelly, I have the same problem with the password, just don’t know which password to put there. Since my watt pilot is already running for some time, I cant remember such a password. All I have is the reset card where I find the password for the wattpilots WiFi and some other 4 digit code. Has this looked like this already 2 years ago? Where do you find this password?
Besides, I was very happy to find that there is a wattpilot integration since I have a QCells inverter, from which I already get all necessary information, I can now hopefully implement smart charging via HA. :call_me_hand:

EDIT: Just made a factory reset, and I was asked (again) to set the password now, so now I should have everything to make it work :slight_smile:

Hi,

after the last update to Home Assistant 2023.09 all entities in this integration are gone.

A restart or reload also did not help?

Does anybody else also have this issue ?

Greets Karl

No issue for me - all entities available. Anything in the logs?

I already restartet Home assistant, restartet the Wattpilot.

Network is available and also the wattpilot works with the app from the manufacturer.

Today I recognized the missing entitites. When I want to configure it I get the following in the log:

Logger: custom_components.wattpilot.utils
Source: custom_components/wattpilot/utils.py:96
Integration: Fronius Wattpilot (documentation)
First occurred: 14:55:56 (22323 occurrences)
Last logged: 15:07:04

86277b88813ba1054ae5425060266bc9 - PropertyUpdateHandler: Could not 'self' execute async: '86277b88813ba1054ae5425060266bc9' (builtins.KeyError)
11d91e431916d6dcf75f330c7ce5300d - PropertyUpdateHandler: Could not 'self' execute async: '11d91e431916d6dcf75f330c7ce5300d' (builtins.KeyError)

Logger: custom_components.wattpilot
Source: custom_components/wattpilot/__init__.py:63
Integration: Fronius Wattpilot (documentation)
First occurred: 14:59:57 (5 occurrences)
Last logged: 15:07:18

7c79bcfb854deb152992e2adce730e8f - async_setup_entry: Timeout - charger not connected: False (15 sec)
11d91e431916d6dcf75f330c7ce5300d - async_setup_entry: Timeout - charger not connected: False (15 sec)
e6bb01fda4bc11579d1bce6cd45626a8 - async_setup_entry: Timeout - charger not connected: False (15 sec)
80ca141298e30d3a35273689087d5ffe - async_setup_entry: Timeout - charger not connected: False (15 sec)
39cb899dc57ef4b773a15f3fd4481038 - async_setup_entry: Timeout - charger not connected: False (15 sec)

I already tried different timeout times with 10 … 20 s. Before it worked with the default value of 15s.

Hopeful Martin (mk-maddin) can advise.
However, basic steps, I’d probably clear browser cache (or restart the pc/tablet, not just HA). Still failing, reinstall the integration, restart HA.

I know completely removed the integration from the custom components and put the current version from the github into the folder.

Now it seems to work again.

I also had the issue that all the entities were missing after some update. I added the wattpilot github repository to HACS and it allowed me to update directly to the latest release. Saves manually copying files.

today i installed Wattpilot2.0 and i have no more entities.
till yesterday i had the first edition Wattpilot- all was fine all entities were available.

i just add the Wattpilot2.0 in the addon. no entities
i removed the addon installed - installed new - add Wattpilot2.0 - no entities

which version of the integration are you using?
If you just updated, did you fully restart whole home assistant? - Just restarting the component is not enough to have the updated component files active

I installed direct from github yesterday. Restart of hoas. i did 10 times

some log or diagnostics to share?

see below. i remove the device and add it again

Wattpilot - rbt: async_local_push failed: Attribute hass is None for (builtins.RuntimeError)

10:34:17 – (FEHLER) Fronius Wattpilot (benutzerdefinierte Integration) - Die Nachricht ist zum ersten Mal am 10:34:04 aufgetreten und erscheint 73 mal

Wattpilot - lot: _async_update_validate_platform_state failed: state None not within options_id values: {0: ‘Static’, 1: ‘Dynamic’}

10:34:05 – (FEHLER) Fronius Wattpilot (benutzerdefinierte Integration)

Wattpilot - lot: _async_update_validate_property failed: please specific the ‘value_id’ to use as state value

10:34:05 – (FEHLER) Fronius Wattpilot (benutzerdefinierte Integration)

wattpilot: Not adding entity with invalid device info: Invalid device info {‘default_manufacturer’: ‘fronius’, ‘default_model’: ‘wattpilot_V2’, ‘default_name’: 'Wattpilot_9####, ‘hw_version’: ‘11 KW’, ‘identifiers’: {(‘wattpilot’, ‘9####’)}, ‘sw_version’: ‘40.7’} for ‘wattpilot’ config entry: device info needs to either describe a device, link to existing device or provide extra information.

10:34:04 – (FEHLER) Sensor - Die Nachricht ist zum ersten Mal am 10:34:04 aufgetreten und erscheint 32 mal

wattpilot: Not adding entity with invalid device info: Invalid device info {‘default_manufacturer’: ‘fronius’, ‘default_model’: ‘wattpilot_V2’, ‘default_name’: ‘Wattpilot_9####’, ‘hw_version’: ‘11 KW’, ‘identifiers’: {(‘wattpilot’, ‘9####’)}, ‘sw_version’: ‘40.7’} for ‘wattpilot’ config entry: device info needs to either describe a device, link to existing device or provide extra information.

10:34:04 – (FEHLER) Schalter - Die Nachricht ist zum ersten Mal am 10:34:04 aufgetreten und erscheint 10 mal

the isse in your logs was fixed in version 0.1.8 - please update to the latest integration version

ok.

so when i do this -see below - it will not install automatic the latest version?
—>

Optional:

MyHA - Add Integration

No - this just starts the configuration flow of an already installed integration (not wattpilot specific but general for all custom integrations).
This does not perform any update or reinstallation - just a new configuration.

ok i got it . i installed it new via Hacs - now i remember how i did it first time few month ago.

now i see all entities. Thanks

@mk-maddin, hi :smiley:
I have question - there is possible to take info which “chip-id” is logged while charging? I need that info in entity (for example: “sensor.wattpilot_current_id_chip”) , i don’t know, as a number (0 - 9) or full name (“id_chip_0” … “id_chip_9”)? Did you can extract information from python module? It’s needed to perform notification about charging state only for the person who is logged in. And to control charging state from HA for “stupid” car or cars without online systems or with differnet systems.
I try do this with automation (i checked which counter growing) but it’s dificult when some car have two or more rfchips (two drivers or my wife - she must have more than one, because as you probably know, womens bag is bigger than cave ;). And secound problem with that metod is time - counter in id_chip entity is refreshed in 30s intervals. It’s to more time - automatisation need 1 minute to check which counter growing.
If it’s imposible can you tell me when i can change intervals for id_chip couters?

Hi,

in gerneal I would prefere if you please open a github request for features like these - this keeps corresponding conversations about one feature together and makes commits / code changes more trackable. :wink:

As said in our direct conversation about the card implementation I am not using the wattpilot cards for charging so it is hard for me reverse engineer :slight_smile:

As of my current understanding the api key holding the requested value of active card is ‘trx’.
The values describe as follows:

null when no transaction, 0 when without card, otherwise cardIndex + 1 (1: 0. card, 2: 1. card, …)

Having this in mind I think the following steps are necessary to accomplish your request:

1. validate ‘trx’ value is the one we are searching for:
    For this one I will need your help (since as said I am not using the chip cards) - can you please do the following:
    • start a charging process with one of your cards
    • while charging is ongoing please create a diagnostics output of the wattpilot component in home assistant
    • stop the charging process and start one with another of your cards
    • while charging is ongoing please create a diagnostics output of the wattpilot component in home assistant
    • send me both diagnostics outpus (can be via DM if you want to)
  2. I already did a quick check of the ‘trx’ value in my HA instance without chip cards.
    As ‘trx’ reports a ‘null’ value when no transaction is active, it causes error that this property does not exist / is empty. I will have to define some kind of “default” state handling for wattpilot entities that can be defined in case the property reports ‘null’.
  3. After this prerequisites are done it should be a simple adjust of a new sensor. Nevertheless I am at the moment struggling between implementing it as simple ‘value string’ or do some enum handling because of the card index offset (card 0 has value of 1; card 1 has value of 1; card 2 has value of 3 etc.)
    So in fact it would be
  - source: property
    id: trx
    name: "ID Chip Current"
    description: "Active transaction card - null when no transaction, 0 when without card, otherwise cardIndex + 1 (1: 0. card, 2: 1. card, ...)"
    icon: "mdi:credit-card-wireless"
    default_state: 999

or

- source: property
    id: trx
    name: "ID Chip Current"
    description: "Active transaction chip/card"
    icon: "mdi:credit-card-wireless"
    default_state: 999	
    enum:
      0: "No Chip"
      1: "ID Chip 0"
      2: "ID Chip 1"
      3: "ID Chip 2"
      4: "ID Chip 3"
      5: "ID Chip 4"
      6: "ID Chip 5"
      7: "ID Chip 6"
      8: "ID Chip 7"
      9: "ID Chip 8"
      10: "ID Chip 9"
      999: "No Transaction"

Any preference?
( I decided for the “chip” instead of “card” naming to keep this consistent with the current implementation of available ID chip sensors)