Fujitsu AC (heat pump) integration via ESPHome [ESP32]

Hi I have purchased all the parts and want to get this going…I have wanted this for so long already…

I have the ESP and I am trying to set it up just basic using ESP Home. I have setup a raspberry pi to run home assistant and added ESP home to it.

Im just trying to load a basic yaml so it can connect to my wifi but it fails and I dont know why see log.

I cant workout how to go forward from here.

Thanks

Quiet fan mode , works with this :+1:

Only miss your fix for sometime commad doesn’t send to Fujitsu.

I have an ASU24RLB, which uses this connector style. I’m going to make a mini PCB with everything required to connect, so that it can be plugged directly into the A/C unit after removing the case.

Can anyone confirm that this is the header on the A/C unit’s PCB? I’ll validate everything, but it’d be nice to have additional sources of confirmation, since my unit requires a ladder to access, so it’s less comfortable to use calipers for confirmation.

Would anyone want one? I may have these manufactured, in which case I’d be happy to sell off a few dozen extras.

Hey I would like to do a design with 2 esp chips, using one to handle just the serial communication and the other one to handle connection with HA, could be ESP Home or Tasmota. Could we use some IM to communicate? signal WhatsApp or whatever

Do you mean two ESPs on the same board? If so, why not use serial?

Huzzah! Another happy customer…

Note: Only the single core version worked on ESP32 Doit devkit v1

I have made a lot of progress:

• I have a working POE & galvanically isolated design, for reliability & equipment protection
  • I have rewritten the serial driver with a new concurrency design, so that reliability has increased
  • I have made the whole shebang into a proper ESPHome YAML component, with validation & easy-to-change options
  • I have found & fixed several protocol bugs
  • I am in the process of using a logic analyzer confirm the serial port settings, because I think those are also incorrect (but close enough that they work 95% of the time).

At this point, I believe that there are problems with the fuji_iot & unreality drivers that this code is based on. I am looking for two volunteers who can run a special version of the component and send me the logs (b/c I don’t have any actual fujitsu-branded controllers). To be a good volunteer, you should have an existing master or secondary controller, so that I can study logs we’ll make of how the protocol works. I am hopeful that we can make the system as reliable as the fujitsu-branded controllers.

Please DM me if you’d like to help with this!

Hi,

Does anyone else encounter these disconnection/unavailable every so often? Log attached.

Where did you get your ESP board from, do you have a link?

I have mine all working, using the ESP32dev-wroom32, however am noticing HA ESPHome disconnects/reconnects to the board 80% of the time. I can confirm the ESP board is connected to the wifi fine, and can access the ESP web interface no problems, always. But HA ESPHome is where the problem is at with its reliabiity - I am thinking if its the board that I have…

Googling HA ESP disconnect on google comes up with a million posts - Does anyone in this thread face these issues I have?

@imaz, I ordereded these ones from Aliexpress

1 Like

Thanks, Might have to give it another whirl - just as well I got a spare MCP2025.

@FOSV, If only your version was available for purchase…

Hello guys, I’m having some other problem and I don’t know if it’s a problem with my ESP32, (ESP32 NODEMCU Module WiFi Dev Kit C Development Board with CP2102 – AZ-Delivery) I have RX/TX connected to pins 16 and 17, the master controller gives me an error (C012 Err) I have tried to compile both in the 2-core version and in the 1-core version and in both cases the same error (C012 Err) in the master. Could it be that I have connected the pins wrong?
Processing: ESP-32 DevKit C Development Board Datenblatt (1).pdf…

@FOSV Can we please get the updated Gerber files. Id like to order one but don’t know if files are correct. These are dated Nov 2022.
@ptiggerdine Did you redo you order. Did you got it to work. I was going to use JLCPCB what was the total cost?

Hi all, apologizing for the extreme delay, I am writing to notify you that I have updated all the contents of the shared folder.

Have a great day!

GITHUB : FUJI ATOM INTERFACE

Fuji_HK_V1_Rev2.0 | Atom @3.3V

Fuji_HK_V2_Rev1.5 | Atom @5V

1 Like

! ! ! WARNING ! ! !

For anyone who has downloaded the file “Fuji_HK_BOM.xlsx” before today, please visit my GitHub Repo as soon as possible to have access to the updated component list.

Have a great day!

P.S. I moved the project on GitHub and I removed it from MEGA.

1 Like

This looks awesome, I’ve been searching for ages for a way to integrate my ducted Fujitsu system to HA. Is there the ability to control zones with this? I have 6 rooms where I can open and close the ducts. The current controller has a zone menu. It isn’t a seperate panel like some of the photos here.

Thank you!!

I think so, in theory it should “only” be a matter of adapting the code to fit your needs.
Beyond that, however, I cannot tell you because I am not the one who wrote the code.

Have a great day!

It doesn’t seem to work when you have 2 Fujitsu control panels. I get heaps of errors from the AC when it is connected. I could read the temp in HA but not make any changes or toggle anything. Only the master panel would work and the existing secondary panel was broken.

I read the installer manual and it seems the AC can only support dual controllers, not a third (esp32).

Such a shame :frowning:

Yes, it is a limitation depending on the type of indoor unit you have.
Have you tried disconnecting the secondary remote controller and “replacing” it with the Atom? If yes, does it work or are there other problems?

I haven’t tried. I can’t sacrifice manual control unfortunately.