Fully Kiosk Browser app on tablet with random zoom issue

Hi,

I have a problem with Fully Kiosk browser since like 2-3 months back.
I did first think this would go away with some update but it remain.

On start, Fully Kiosk browsre is showing everything as desgned. but at some later point (I never seen it happend) it kind of zoom into my dashboard, “enlargning” cameras and cards.
ANd this causes some cards with entity details and cameras to fall out of the image.
Its like if Fully kiosk or the device changes to a lower resolution.
The current workaroud is to refresh the fully kiosk browser. That restore the layout.
So I have now implemented a schedule that trigger refresh every 6 hour. But the issue even occur more frequent.

It is very similar to an existing thread : Vertical Stacks problem in recent update - Share your Projects! / Dashboards & Frontend - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)
But this thread do not give eny clear resolution and I am not sure it is the same, just similar, maybe. :slight_smile:

KInd regards, Magnus

I see this issue too but cant seem to figure out why it happens. Do you also use the Wallpanel integration with Fully kiosk?

Are your dashboards in masonry or panel mode? I have several Android wall tablets running the Fully Kiosk browser (not the integration) and have all mine in panel mode to give a fixed layout.

The downside is that the panel will only display a single card, so you have to put everything in a vertical or horizontal stack (or a combination of both), but the results are consistent and fill the screen.

I think masonry mode (the default) is intended to re-arrange itself according to the content of the screen.

Have you tried to use grid cards on the dashboard (1 column)?

I use the horizontal layout card from HACS in combination with Fully KIOSK browser app on a Android walltab
Dashboard view settings to horizontal lay-out

afbeelding

Use grid card(s) > 1 column

Hi, No, Not using any wallpaper integration.

Hi, Thanks. I am using the default masonry , but it was a clever col trick to use panel mode and then put all in one combo of vertival or horizontal as “sinlge card”. Will most likely try this… Easy to create a new dashboard similar to teh existing and re-build a layout side by side with the existing dashboards I have. :+1:

I will for sure try that. Clever idea. Thanks for input. It do not explain the issue, but can for sure be a very good workaround. :+1:

I think “mobile first” is the key concept. Home Assistant is designed to be usable on everything from a mobile phone to a desktop, so displays can’t be fixed. In dashboards the cards are supposed to rearrange themselves to fit the screen they’re displayed on - and quite small changes can result in a different layout. This isn’t an issue, it’s what needs to happen. Panel mode gives a fixed layout, but you’ll find dashboards are often unusable on mobile phones in portrait orientation.

I had the same issue last year :wink:
No reason found…

I’ve got the same issue on my wall tablet. Will randomly maybe every 30mins or so change view to a single column zoomed in. Refresh the page and it’s back to my 3 column layout. Quite annoying to work out what the cause is and probably the only way around this will be changing the dashboard to a panel layout or possibly the new sections layout