Vertical Stacks problem in recent update

I would try that on friday, no time to tinker now…

The reason to choose the app was then, that the app was already running anyway (for the available sensors), so just to save some memory.

And, exactly, as I wrote the last message, I’ve opened the browser on my Windows machine and guess, what I see?

So, no, it is not the app only…

And after a refresh op the page all is back to normal again:

Since a month or two? There have been two new Core updates in the meantime. Also what Core version were you running before?

Your pictures lead me to believe you might be using Layout-card, which allowed you to create that view. Layout-card has been updated a few times for the last few months. So for all we know, you were running a Core version from months ago and Layout-card from months ago as well and after updating everything, your codes don’t work anymore since Layout-card updates have had breaking changes.

If you’re not using Layout-card, then it’s rather difficult to figure this all out only with pictures and no knowledge how your dashboard is setup and what Core (and card) versions you were running before and are running now.

One thing is for certain: it has nothing to do with HA OS 8.0 (that has no effect on Dashboard/cards and wasn’t even released a month or two ago when you problems started.)

Assumptions are not needed and will lead to misjudging…

No, I do not use Layout card.
I did update everything I do use on the days, the updates are published.
All you see in my snapshots are standard elements from HA.
Three vertical stacks.
In every vertical stack are some horizontal stacks.
All cards are default HA cards, except the custom Clock card, which I use for two years already and never caused any problem.

And, I already said, I’m not using HA OS, that was the topic starter his system.
I do run HA Supervised, all latest versions on fully up to date Debian Bullseye.

I don’t know, when it started, I’m not writing down exact notes about such things, I’m not running a police station, but a home.

Well, we are now two already with exactly the same problem, running different configs. That should point out in the direction, that there is something happening, not exactly our machine specific.

1 Like

I didn’t assume anything, I was pointing out two scenario’s one if you did use Lay-out-card and one if you weren’t and asked you for more information so people can help.

No issues here with virtual-stack, good luck I hope someone can help you with only the info you provided :+1:

For the record, everyone is using HA OS. Just because you’re running supervised, doesn’t mean you’re not running HA OS: Installation - Home Assistant.

I will gladly wait for help from someone without this “teachers attitude”.

Thanks for the time, you did spend on it, thanks for your lessons, sorry for not reacting exactly, as you expected, sorry for being me, dear master.

Maybe if you fix this kind of attitude, you will get help faster. It’s a normal response to ask for more information and code in order to know what we’re dealing with. Anyway, take care and I hope you have a better day tomorrow :slight_smile:

If I HAD the info, i had provide it. How hard is it to understand, that I can’t give you info, I don’t have?

I was working night shifts in a hospital the time it happened, had other things on my head, then writing down notes on HA it’s behavior. Sorry, that my priorities back then were saving lives.

Well, solving a problem is about collecting info we all DO HAVE, putting it together and trying to find a way.
Only accusing the one with a question of not handling as you wish is not an attempt to find this way walkable for all of us, it’s just criticism with no any direction to a result. I don’t need that kind of help.

Soon, there will be more people with this problem, and the solution will come thru another way. So i will just wait. Over one hour I will be saving lives again, way more important.

Cheers :wink:

1 Like

I’ve changed the title to ’ recent update’ as I think we’ve agreed it’s not V8 realted.

This only happened in the past week, I did a ha update and an os update. Can’t figure out which versions but I was a couple behind about a month previous since I last did any updates - which is great btw it’s been so stable i forgot about HA)
and my back was only stored for 2 days and it’s gone now.

My homepage also is 3 vertical stacks, each with 3 or 4 horizontal stacks within.

I’m running fully kiosk browser on an android tablet.

What info would help diagnose this?

1 Like

I’m tried on several different devices and browsers and it’s not occuring on others. Only on the tablet with fully kiosk.

Again seems to be ok on first load ,then a refresh the vertical stack position changes.

It’s like the webpage thinks the screen is narrower than it is and adjust the card layout for a narrow screen.

Hi, Have you tried in EDGE ?, Lately i’ve seen “unexplained” changes/behaviors in My Firefox

Actually A Browser is used in either cases, if im not wrong, so either a Browser of your choice, or your HOST/OS’s default browser
EDIT: Or the “Webview” builtin (If Android Companion)

I have been having the exact same issue. Fire Tablet 10s with Fully Kiosk Browser.

This is what its supposed to look like:

This is what it ends up looking like:

1 Like

I do not see any problems…
HA 2022.6.7

type: vertical-stack
cards:
  - type: horizontal-stack
    cards:
      - &ref_button_card
        type: button
        tap_action:
          action: toggle
        entity: light.mkomnata_ceiling
      - &ref_gauge_card
        type: gauge
        entity: counter.sys_errors
      - &ref_weather_card
        type: weather-forecast
        entity: weather.home_gismeteo
    cards:
      - *ref_weather_card
      - &ref_entities_card
        type: entities
        entities:
          - entity: light.mkomnata_ceiling
      - *ref_gauge_card
    cards:
      - *ref_gauge_card
      - *ref_button_card
      - *ref_entities_card
      - *ref_weather_card

I dont want to jinx myself, and I honestly dont know why it worked, but I downgraded Fully Kiosk from v1.48 to v1.46 and it is working as expected for almost 24 hours now.

Mind you, this is on two of my 6 tablets. The other four are working just fine on v1.48.

1 Like

I am seeing similar behavior where my typical dashboard is 3 columns wide using built-in vertical and horizontal cards. It has been this way for a month or so. I made a single change by adding a card and suddenly everything is in a single column. See my screenshot. I zoomed out in chrome to show the full perspective. I tried an incognito window. This happens on both my laptop and Amazon Fire tablet with Fully Kiosk in full screen mode using desktop view.

In edit mode to show the vertical stack groupings.

I just found it. I had an extra horizontal stack in my first vertical stack that must have been leftover from something I removed in the stack. I deleted that in the yaml and boom, back to multiple columns. Seems different than the other reports but worth nothing for others.

did you ever resolve this? thanks

Yeah I’m getting this same issue.

My table Amazon Fire HD 10, Kiosk Browser, sometimes it loads all vertical stacks in the middle.

Also on the laptop now when I’m toggling through my different menus everything is stacked on top of each other in the middle and then expands out. Weird

I still have this problem as well with my Fire HD 10 tablet as well as on pc. So it must be something with the browser? Anyone found a solution yet?