Gardena smart system + Home assistant?

Good stuff, thanks a lot.

works like a charm with our little robot.

Can I suggest to comply with below integration structure to make install and update as easy as possible?

https://custom-components.github.io/hacs/developer/integration/

Thanks Alex

Thank you for your suggestion, I wasn’t aware of HACS, looks great. I’m actually hoping for a HA native extension manager but for time being we can go for HACS.

I hope to spend some time on this any time soon.

Hi wihnandtop, brilliant integration!!

Just installed and it’s working great for the mower.

The sensor seems a bit odd - it pulls everything through properly but the overall “Sensory Ambient Frost Warning” is that just an actual setting that I haven’t seen that warns me when frost? As it’s 32 degrees outside so not happening today. Appreciate the guidance.

Any joy with the Irrigation controller ( https://www.gardena.com/int/products/watering/water-controls/pim94995109/967669901/

Happy to pull / test anything to help get this working as I have one so very interested in seeing it work. Doesn’t seem to show with the current code.

I find the problem! It was the name of the device. In the Gardena App the Devices are sorted by the name in the beginning i’ve gave them names with premier numers. Without premier number in the device name now it works…

before:
states.sensor.2_garten_water_control_ambient_temperature.attributes.battery_level

after:
states.sensor.garten_water_control_ambient_temperature.attributes.battery_level

now i have the solution to geve me a notify over the HA App on my iPhone if water controll works or the battry are low or the mower have an error.

i hope i could help others they are have the same problems

Hi, I have tried to get this to work but when I test my configuration my hassio sais:
Integration not found: gardena
I took all the files and copied them to [your home-assistant-path]/config/custom_components/gardena
I edited the configfile and put in

gardena:
  username : !secret gardena_user
  password : !secret gardena_password

Then I added the secrets and restarted the hassio several times.

Why cant it find it?
A remark, the custom_components folder wasnt in the config folder. I had to create it.

Best regards
Andreas

Hi,

I added a topic regarding a Husqvarna Group (Gardena belongs to Husqvarna) integration here

They have released an official open API for both Gardena Smart and Automowers.

Hi, I just got the Gardena Smart Water Control set and with this custom component it’s already connected to HA.
In the documentation of the custom component I see that if you turn the valve on it will stay on for 30 minutes. Are there any plans to change this so that we can set our own time? That way we could create a schedule from within HA.

Thanks for the custom component! :slight_smile:

Any chance to use the released open API to control the Gardena now?

Thanks, I wasn’t aware of a open API. Looks a lot like the one which is used by this component.

Just like @ancamu, I can’t get this to work.
No entities are added, but also no errors in the logs…

I copied all files to custom components, and added the gardena: in the configfile…

Hi, the custom component from wijnandtop doesn’t work completly. I can’t switch the Water Control (it not work anymore). The sensor data works and the data “connection status” from water control works too.

I need help, please.
@wijnandtop: Do you repair your custom component?
@all: Is there any other integration for gardena smart?

I do plan to fix it, didn’t have te time yet. But I’m open for contributions.

1 Like

Just a quick heads-up for all Gardena Sileno users who might be listening here:

Gardena has released a considerable firmware update for the Sileno series.
The update is NOT distributed OTA (read: not through Wifi or the app). It must be installed over USB.
(Yes, the Sileno has a USB port hidden in its battery compartment!)

The update contains some really interesting new features like spot mowing, grass growth detection, the ability to mow on steeper slopes up to 35°, and corridor cut down to 60cm width.

You will find the download and detailed instructions here…
English: https://www.gardena.com/int/support/robotic-mower-support-center/software-update/
German: https://www.gardena.com/de/service/mahroboter-beratungscenter/software-update/

A successful update results in higher software versions on the mower display, jumping from v11.x to v20.x…
before update:

after update (and display cleaning :o) :

The main screen will show an additional new icon:

I am happy to report that this update does not break the compatibility with the Gardena custom component of @wijnandtop!

1 Like

Hi,
I think with latest upgrade of 0.108.3 some underlying libraries of yours , the one that is responsible for account of gardena began to fail. Maybe its time already to move to a latest API that husqvarna has released so you don’t need to use username password anymore but the API key provided.

2020-04-15 15:04:52 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component gardena
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 175, in _async_setup_component
component.setup, hass, processed_config # type: ignore
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/config/custom_components/gardena/init.py”, line 39, in setup
hass.data[GARDENA_LOGIN] = GardenaHub(hass, config[DOMAIN], GardenaSmartAccount)
File “/config/custom_components/gardena/init.py”, line 59, in init
self.my_gardena = gardena(domain_config[CONF_USERNAME], domain_config[CONF_PASSWORD])
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/wt/pygardena/account.py”, line 14, in init
self.update_authtokens()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/wt/pygardena/account.py”, line 41, in update_authtokens
response_data = self.rest_api.post_sessions(self.email_address, self.password)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/wt/pygardena/rest_api.py”, line 29, in post_sessions
return response.json()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/models.py”, line 898, in json
return complexjson.loads(self.text, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/simplejson/init.py”, line 525, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/simplejson/decoder.py”, line 370, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/simplejson/decoder.py”, line 400, in raw_decode
return self.scan_once(s, idx=_w(s, idx).end())

Do you need some help for the irrigation control (the one that can control 6 zones)

I have only sensor for humidity and temperature and watter control that is used on a water tap

wijnandtop per now (HA 0.108.6) the watercontrol dosn’t work with your integration. But as workaround i use currently the integration in combination with the Homekit integration for HA of Gardena. So that i can use both the sensors (that are not published over Homekit like the lawn mower integration or the soil temperatur) and the water button thats corrently not work over this custom component. I hope that i can help others with this problem and i’m hopfully that in the futur this integration works again.

same problem

I do have the same problem with the water control since 3 days and am absolutely unsure about the cause. Sensors are working but not the switch. Problem came suddenly from one day to another running HA 0.108.2, upgrading it to 0.108.6 didn’t help. Maybe Gardena / Husqvarna did change something on the API side? Even worse, for some reason I’m not able to see the water control connected to my Homekit environment within HA :frowning: I can control the water control via Apples home app, but am not able to get that home kit device to my HA. The way back HA entities to Homekit does work. Any hints?

Managed to get it working. Removed the Gardena Gateway from Homekit and readded it by the controller. It now works again with water control.