GE/Jasco 26933 issues

I didn’t think OZWCP used python-openzwave. The clone of openzwave is from 7/26 but I’ll try a current and see what happens. I also posted over in the openzwave list (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/openzwave/7RcXqa-Oc4I) to see if anyone has some ideas.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

it uses the openzwave library, in OZWCP does it show version 1.4.xxxxx or 1.5.xxxx?
1.5.xxxx is the dev build.

I noted this in the dev branch:

Looks to be 1.4:

2017-07-28 09:54:49.878 Always, OpenZwave Version 1.4.2692 Starting Up

I’ll compile the dev branch to see if that changes anything.

I run the dev branch due to proper support for garage door openers. It works well.

@homeslice Also this: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/openzwave/_NY_IfQWrSc

Same issue with 1.5.2817

I believe I have sold the issue of additional instances popping up by adding the following to 26933-motion-dimmer.xml:

<CommandClass id="38" mapping="endpoints" />
    <CommandClass id="94" mapping="endpoints" />
    <CommandClass id="113" mapping="endpoints" />

I’ve then hid the the second instances using hidden: true under customize. I am still having issues with the switch reporting status and have tried everything including switching the breaker. Looks like others are having similar issues and is mostly likely either a firmware bug or an issue with openzwave.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=48090.0

If the issue persists on other platforms, I’d have to say it’s a firmware bug.

Was a solution ever found? I’m having the same issue on 0.52.1

Same issue, GE 26933

The duplication appears to be due to the switch because multiple controllers (hubs) report more than one entity. I have a Winkhub and it will find two lights and an alarm entity. With openzwave, it also reports tons of entities including two lights, alarms, and burglar entities.

However, I did figure out how to enable the motion sensors for HA. This was mainly after a couple hours of research including this helpful homeseer topic mentioned above. I ended up getting an Aeon Z-Stick connected to my RPi3 as I wanted the fuller command set that Winkhub doesn’t have.

1. Set the Jasco switch to manual mode. I did it using the buttons but supposedly you can do it using the zwave command setting parameter 3 to value 1.

2. Isolate the burglar sensor that has changing values. I did this by staying in the dev-states section of HA and watching which Burglar sensor would change state as I moved in front of the switch. One would switch from 0 to 8 (this could be related to motion sensitivity but I didn’t play enough to find out. The other would lock at 254. In my case sensor.great_room_switch_burglar (Note: I had renamed my node but I think the default is “sensor.ge_26933_smart_motion_dimmer_burglar”.

3. Create a template binary_sensor to convert the number value to a on and off value.

greatroomswitch_motion:
     friendly_name: Great Room Switch Motion
     device_class: motion
     entity_id:
       - sensor.great_room_switch_burglar
     value_template: >-
       {{states("sensor.great_room_switch_burglar") |float > 0 }}
2 Likes

Did you do any other tricks to get this working? I have set the switch to manual mode, and I have two instances of the “burglar” sensor, but they both stay locked at 254 all the time, regardless of if there’s motion or not. Has anyone else solved this problem?

1 Like

I added it to my zwave network after switching to manual so maybe that has an effect? What does ozwcp say? I did notice that on first load in HA it always maxes at 254 until I move in front of it.

@blerg I see the same thing. I haven’t been able to get the burglar sensors to show anything but 254

Just tried removing and re-adding the switch, making sure it was set to manual mode first. No luck.

Are you using polling or were you also able to get instant status to work with this switch? I can control the switch from within HA but the status doesn’t seem to update reliably.

Again the same thing as @blerg: status updates are unreliable. Often one of the two light level values that show up will show on even after the switch has been turned off

What hub are you relying on? My Wink v1 had issues so I got a Aeon stick for my pi. According to the smartthings forums it looks like a Samsung hub works too.

I’m also using a z-wave stick (Linear/Nortek HUSBZB-1).

Poking through some of the HomeAssistant/Vera threads, it seems a lot of people resolved issues by changing the association mappings or endpoints in, for example, HomeSeer. I’m new to z-wave, but is there a similar kind of thing we can do in HA (hassio specifically)?

Any update on this? I’m hitting it on the latest version of HA with a bunch of 26933’s that I bought recently.

I just ran into this myself. I am gradually switching over from Smartthings and moved two 26933’s over to HA that worked perfectly. The third one was not updating any status or motion, when it had done so in Smartthings previously. What worked for me (I am running hassio) was to remove and re-add the controller node under the lifeline association group. I did this by going to Z-Wave Configuration, and then under Z-Wave Node Management select the problem node. Go to Node group associations, under group select “Lifeline”. Your controller will probably be listed under “Other Nodes in this group:”. Then under Node to Control, select your controller Node. Then select remove from group. I then backed out of the Z-Wave configuration, refreshed and went back in to the Node Group associations for the problem node, selected lifeline again, and made sure that “Other Nodes in this group” was “None”. Then under Node to Control, select your controller Node again. This time, select add to group, and it should show under “Other Nodes in this group”. I don’t know if I got lucky but this worked for me.

2 Likes

I just purchased and installed a GE 26933 Smart Motion Dimmer. It does what I want, but I hate how it reports in Home Assistant! Everything is duplicated. There are 8 new sensors in Home Assistant (2 each of “Alarm Level”, “Alarm Type”, “Burglar”, “SourceNodeId”. One of the two “Burglar” sensors does report motion properly I think (a value of 8 is motion).

The worst aspect is that there are two new “light” entities. One seems a bit more accurate than the other, but it’s basically impossible to understand the status/history of the lights, as it looks like the on/off status shows up on a random light.

I really like the functionality of this product, but I don’t think I’ll install any more due to the difficult reporting situation. :frowning: