Getting started again - installation confusion

I currently have Home Assistant up and running on my NUC and want to swap my HDD with a SSD. I dont need my NUC for anything other than Home Assistant.

I have Home Assistant Core 0.106.2 as of right now, with Add-on store and Supervisor 209. This is running on Ubuntu 18.04 desktop version. I also use the community store (HACS).
Does this mean I have Home Assitant Supervised?

I have Portainer, so perhaps I did the previous installation using Docker…

This looks familiar: Absolute Beginners guide to installing HA on Intel NUC using Docker

I have been reading up on different installation methods, and watched some Youtube-videos, but I am still not sure what would be the best way to reinstall everything. If its possible to reload my entire config like it is today, that would be sweet. I am not sure if restoring a snapshot does this, especially with secured devices like door locks? I also would like to do an installation that is as future proof as can be, in the direction that Home Assistant is taking.

I have little to none experience with Linux, and need to Google everything i do.

If I have understood this correctly I can either go with Docker installation or VM? I just cant wrap my head around how to install the image for NUC on my NUC without Docker or VM :stuck_out_tongue:

Could anyone here try to unwrap my mind just a bit, and help me get started?

In one case I put an SSD in an external USB enclosure and burnt the image directly to it. Then moved the SDD into the PC. Worked well.

In another I tried that but ended up with network issues so I installed Ubuntu server on the PC then installed Home assistant (hassio then) using this method:

1 Like