Giex smart water valve

If you have android, it is easier and you can just search for all files with the extension by the following template
*OTA*.bin
The name of the template is just my guess.

Hi all. I bought one GX02 valve in April 2024, added it to HA via zigbee2mqtt, everything works fine.
In May, I purchased 2 more GX02 valves and these valves are not added to HA with the following error.
Device ‘0xa4c1389999125c6d’ with Zigbee model ‘TS0601’ and manufacturer name ‘_TZE200_7ytb3h8u’ is NOT supported, please follow Support new devices | Zigbee2MQTT .
Any ideas?

I tried, but I found nothing… maybe it is a protected folder (I’m not root)

I have got answer from support, they would not share with us FW file for OTA update. It is another one “advertising” for such kind of devices :frowning:

I’m thinking of buying one and integrating it with my Zigbee2mqtt. I can’t find the dimensions of this device anywhere. Could you guys help me out? Thank you

I continue not getting any entity related to any control.
I’ve done the followed the procedure and configured the following on the lines on configuration.yaml

“”"
zha:
database_path: /config/zigbee.db
enable_quirks: true
custom_quirks_path: /config/zha_quirks/
“”"
Screenshot 2024-06-08 174524

and on the file ts0601_valve.py i edited line 384 (and it’s not 385)
“”"
MODELS_INFO: [(“_TZE200_sh1btabb”, “TS0601”), (“_TZE200_a7sghmms”, “TS0601”), (“_TZE204_7ytb3h8u” , “TS0601”)],
“”"

I’ve restarted HA and every time I add my new GIEX02 I just get firmware information and LQI and SSI as unknown.

Can anyone help me?

I wouldn’t recommend them.

I am having massive problems with mine. It only connects to Zigbee when it wants too doesn’t matter what the signal strength is.

I couldn’t find the firmware file and bought Tuya Multi Mode ZigBee Bluetooth Gateway Hub.
How to update.

1. Disconnect the GX02 from the HA.
  2. Connect it to the Tuya Multi Mode ZigBee Bluetooth Gateway, you will be prompted to update the FW to 1.0.13. This will take about 10 minutes.
  3. Disconnect the GX02 from the Tuya Multi Mode ZigBee Bluetooth Gateway.
  4. Reconnect to the HA.

Lets see if GX02 will be more stable with new FW. Keep you posted,

You can connect it to Tuya Multi Mode ZigBee Bluetooth Gateway and gateway connected to your network by WIFI, but in this case use Tuya integration. I agree with you, buy it only if you are ready to struggle with troubles :slight_smile: Hope they will improve this device with our help too :slight_smile:

How is it going after some days?

I’m considering buying a Tuya Zigbee Gateway just to update the firmware (and eventually try to sniff the ota url via wireshark).

It’s very unstable, stop responding after a few hours.

Device is connected now to Zegbee amplifier and after update I did not see disconnects. I have not checked if the sensitivity and consumption has improved. The current battery charge is 60% and still works.
To sniff and save OTA image is good idea. Second idea, what I have, is to find this file in Android file system, finding the file in IOS is going to be an impossible task.

Works fine for me, please see below Irrigation Dashboard using this device.

Yeah… but you are also using a Tuya Soil sensor that is rubbish in my experience :grin::sunglasses:

Last year I used the giex with solarpannel build in (around 50 euro on Ali now). Works great, but can’t deal with frost…

So… how’s this device with the newest firmware? Working?

The one i have now is connected to z2m, but I am unable to control it. The device just doesn’t respond…

Mine seem to be working fine. Time will tell.

Mine, after updating it to last firmware, is much more stable and working well, despite the limited distance. I’m currently using z2mqtt

Hey - I purchased the hub and updated the FW of two of my valves to 1.0.13. However, now it seems I can’t get them to pair with zigbee2mqtt anymore. Is anyone experiencing the same?

I just bought GX02 and updated it to 1.0.13. Zigbee2mqtt now shows this in logs and the device is not working:

(unsupported device)Device ‘0xa4c13855ef78b0f8’ with Zigbee model ‘TS0601’ and manufacturer name ‘_TZE284_7ytb3h8u’ is NOT supported

not sure what to do

Have you tried several times? I get this error too but the second time I paired it worked perfectly.

yes, I tried 3 times. No luck.