Giex smart water valve

Yesterday, I re-connected GX02 from coordinator directly to Zigbee signal amplifier. The signal strength was over 100. Today morning device lost connection and I have repaired it again. Seems there is issue with connection stability.

Hi everybody I bought the giex 02 but I canā€™t get it to work with HA. I connect it via zigbee2mqtt, the valve is seen completely and correctly but if I click to open it, it closes immediately without even starting. I set all the values ā€‹ā€‹to zero but it doesnā€™t work. It started correctly only as soon as it was installed and then nothing. What could be the problem? I set both duration and capacity but still the same problemā€¦many thanks

Hi Iā€™m having this problem even though I put capacity. Have you found the solution? Thank you

For me it is working in ā€œMode : duration.ā€ Is it working for you if you press button on manual mode ?
These symptoms are also possible if the device has lost connection. It looks like it is there, but it is not.
Try to build a map of the connections.

1 Like

So has anyone got as far as making a nice automation that factors in weather forecasts?

Hello, Everyone! I purchased two of these recently. Once came in fine and one came with a defective battery cradle. They are sending me a new one thankfully. That being said, i can only get one to pair with my HA instance via Z2M. It actually doesnt show up in the Z2M device list but it does show up in the Zigbee broker integration and i can operate it just fine. The second GX02 wont pair at all. Any ideas?

If it canā€™t connect from the same distance, Iā€™d say itā€™s a defect. I hope devices have unique ID.
We can compare, I have : 0xa4c138b61de6afff (0x59B7)

Mine are different.

I figured out how to get them both to pair. Oddly, the second unit moved to device #13 on my list. I am at almost 60 devices. It should have been number 58. No idea why but good news is they are both connected now and responding.

Edit: the method i used, as i described in another post, was to delete an existing device. Repair it and at the same time have the GX20s in pairing mode. This was the only way i was able to get them to pair.

The Cycle irrigation interval has max value of 43200 seconds (12 hours). Is it some limitation of the firmware?

I would prefer longer watering interval like 1-4 days. I know I can set up some automation but I fear the device will drop off the network and the water will stop flowing. So I would like to set up regular watering pattern and only tune its parameters according to weather (non-adjusted irrigation is certainly much better than no irrigation)

Hi all ! I found another problem. When the battery capacity drops to 30%, the valve does not seem to open fully. My drop irrigation system stopped working. Not enough pressure. After changing the batteries, it worked again. The unit still loses connection periodically.

I keep having connection problems. apparently it logs off. loading the map on zigbee2mqtt, the giex appears but there is no line with the coordinator. so it is not connected. Has anyone found a solution?

A few questions about the GX02:

• If the valve is off and the battery is either very low or runs out; will the valve remain closed or open?
  • If the valve is on and the battery is either very low or runs out; will the valve close?

I am worried about using it while I am away and if it malfunctions that the water will be running all the time. Is there some sort of battery ā€œsafetyā€ system that will ensure that in case of any failure the water is either kept off or shut off? Or that it turns off if the amount/time exceeds some threshold?

Likewise in the event it looses connectivity with the gateway. What happens then? will it turn off if on etc?

Thanks!

You can open box with battery and check, I think valve will be closed. Until the manufacturer finds a solution for stable connection to the coordinator, I would strictly recommend not to buy this device. I am waiting to hear back from support. If they donā€™t find a solution by mid-summer, I will be stuck with my old valve that just worked as a timer.

Hello and sorry for my English. Which Giex valve model has problems with connection loss, QT06 or GX02? I want to buy such a valve, but many people report problems.

GX02, they talk about the GX02 in this chat

I have experience only with new model ( green metal case ) GX02.

Ok the support said that they fixed it and provided and new firmware, but for now it seems that a firmware upgrade is only possible via their app. I asked for a solution for HA and waiting for an answer.

P.S: I did order a third one and this one has no connection issues. I have three now, one has the connection problem the other twos work well.

I bought one of these a couple weeks ago and connected it outside. On the first day, the black piece at the top that forms the connection with the spigot broke off and the timer was laying on the ground below with water pouring out from the house.

Never even got to see if there would be connection issues lol.

Iā€™ve been having this issue too, The valve turns on and almost straight away turns itself back off regardless of the settings. It usually works on the second attempt though. Wondering if it could be the first request has issues because itā€™s in some sort of sleep state and then it correctly recieves the second request as itā€™s been woken up by the first.

there is nothing to do with this valveā€¦almost always offline. Do you have another valve to recommend that works perfectly with the home assistant?