Google Assistant and covers

I confirm I can’t control it from the Google blinds icon. I guess it is the default behaviour?

Before the changes introduced by Google, it worked fine, but as on/off and set value (like a dimmer).

Any update to control covers percentage using tap and not only the voice ?

It’s actually something Google has to do. See https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/136112642

1 Like

Is there a way to stop a cover?
I mean, if while the cover is opening and I ask Google to stop it, it says that he will do it but nothing happens.
I haven’t found the action stop in google’s action openclose documentation` but if the action doesn’t exists google would have answered with an error message, instead of acknowledging it, right?

What is the current state of voice controlling covers in HA+HA Cloud with Google Home? I have added a set of 3 covers to a group and then added that group to google and the device shows in google as a on/off switch with no percent.

Does that mean I have to say “Hey Google, turn the blinds on.” ? Cause that odd. Is there a way to get HA or Google Home to customize it so that we can say “open blinds”?

No, not possible to stop a cover. I think it is on the Google to-do list but until now it has not materialized.

You can say "close/open <blind-name>". That works for me.

1 Like

Nowadays "stop <blind-name>" should also work. For some reason it did not work yesterday but it has worked at least on two recent occasions.

Did anyone manage to control with Google Assistant the rotation/tilt of blinds that have been set up in Home Assistant?
I can move them up or down, but don’t manage to set the rotation of the lamellas.
Thanks!

Has this feature stopped working for anyone?

I have exposed the cover to google and I see it in the app with no control like stated above, but when I go to say “Hey Google, Open Blinds” it says that device does not exist. I changed the name to “Sun Cover” and I get the same result. If I ask it to show me the “Sun Cover” then it pop’s up on the screen.

Home Assistant 2023.5.0
I am using SwitchBot BlindTilt. I have added these directly to home assistant via Bluetooth. It is using the cover entity.

1 Like