Google Assistant is not working anymore (Could not reach <app name>[test] please try again.)

solved it for me, but had to make a firewall rule exception for the domain, the AS range wasn’t enough by itself as other content is coming from other ASN ranges.

I preface saying it was working perfectly until today.
I’m having the same problem but the proposed solution isn’t working.

1 Like

Same here, out of nowhere it stopped working.

1 Like

Same here. Can’t sync and could no longer control my devices.
Have unlinked and can no longer link

1 Like

Having the same issue. Trying to sync from the Google Assistant integration and it would return a 404, unlinked the account from Google Home and couldn’t relink it thereafter. I just finish creating a new project on Google Actions and the new project isn’t working either.

My Home Assistant instance is reachable over the internet so I don’t think I have a network issue. Hopefully it’s intermittent and starts working again in a few hours.

Just signed up for a Nabu Casa trial and I can’t seem to hook up Google Home to Nabu Case either… unsure if that’s related but thought that my be relevant to mention it

1 Like

If the people that are having issues are using DuckDNS, then that seems to be the issue. Multiple people have reported it going down for them today, including me.

Can confirm I use duckdns too

I also use

My google is intermittent today. I’ve tried steps others have mentioned and sometimes it connects and other it fails. I’m guessing this is a google issue.

Started having issues 24 hours ago and it got progressively worse.
Devices intermittently offline via google assistant and Nest Home Displays.
devices become avail for a few minutes and then become inaccessible for long periods of time.

re-created manual installations multiple times with same results.

Very frustrating

Me too.
Very unstable.

Same here. Worked fine yesterday, dead today. Reconnected test app, deleted and created new test app, same result. Can’t add test app at all, just says it couldn’t connect (even though it logs in to the user auth screen successfully).

Checked that I have ipv6 disabled on my router, hasn’t changed there. DuckDNS did have an ipv6 listing in addition to the ipv4, so I cleared the ipv6.

Dead in the water for now.

2022-10-02 07:20:49.877 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.google_assistant.http] Request for https://homegraph.googleapis.com/v1/devices:requestSync failed: 400
2022-10-02 07:20:49.879 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error executing service: <ServiceCall button.press (c:01GEBJ79S7A8XHZ6TGBAP3E4YC): entity_id=['button.synchronize_devices']>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1756, in catch_exceptions
    await coro_or_task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1775, in _execute_service
    await cast(Callable[[ServiceCall], Awaitable[None]], handler.job.target)(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 204, in handle_service
    await service.entity_service_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 676, in entity_service_call
    future.result()  # pop exception if have
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 931, in async_request_call
    await coro
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 713, in _handle_entity_call
    await result
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/button/__init__.py", line 114, in _async_press_action
    await self.async_press()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/google_assistant/button.py", line 51, in async_press
    raise HomeAssistantError(
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Unable to sync devices with result code: 400, check log for more info.

Same happening here. I’ve got all the latest updates and suddenly the Google Assistant integration stopped working.
I removed the home assistant link from the Google Home application just to find out what I cannot relink it.

Hoping for a quick fix anytime soon, as this integration is one of the most important features in my smart home.

1 Like

So…I’m 90% sure the current problem is cause by something duckdns has/is doing. Lots if not all duckdns.org address have been flag as phishing sites. Might be Google’s or another DNS providers fault. What I can confirm 100% is that when I switched off duckdns to the ddns provided by my (Asus)router (along with switching all the domain names on Google and HA pi) everything started working again.

2 Likes

agreed, duckdns here too, not working anymore.

Same Here, DuckDNS, and Google Down

Thank god I’m not crazy. I’m having the same issue. DuckDNS and manual configuration. Everything stopped working yesterday. Tried relinking through Google app, then tried to fully unlink and re-add it, but it just says it can’t reach the integration.

Issue is also affecting Alexa, i have tried with a non duck dns URL and works fine.