Google Assistant not linking anymore

Will try.

But why is this needed, you have a clue?

When did you start this, how long ago?

Well, actually in my case it started since a couple of weeks after I installed the component. It looks like the GA after “successfully linking” shows only the new entities. Well, yes, it takes a bit to add that alias name to all the entities you want to use, but only the first time. After that you can use “replace all” in your editor

mmhhh it might be my case, he thinks the devices are already inside. ANd so you solved by adding aliases so GH thinks has to update all the devices, yes?

If so should be possible to make GH forget all devices somehow… no?

EDIT. YES that’s the solution

With the new REFRESH option upcoming, this should be solved, hopefully

mmmh… inside the GA app there’s no way to delete them.
oh, right, on the iphone app there should be this “refresh” option, right? On Android still nothing, that’s weird…

I think is a function that HASS developer need to add, and it should come in next version.

But I am not sure that will FORGET devices and readd them, or just a refresh to add new items. In this latter case the problem will persist

check this thread

Hey no it did work on one. Now I changed 58 devices, and … it did not add them … which is your google assistant configutarion in configuration.yaml?

google_assistant:
  project_id: hassio-xxxxx
  client_id: long-numberxxxxxxxxxx.apps.googleusercontent.com
  access_token: longer-numberxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  exposed_domains:
    - light

Sometimes you have just to wait a few minutes…

what do you mean, redo it?

Now I have as entities in GH only entity a 1, entity a 2…
And not the name and not the second alias

Such a crap

No, you better use two aliases for every entity, the first one will be shown on GH and the purpose of the second one is only for the renaming. I just don’t understand why GH doesn’t show in the list the google_assistant_name. No, sometimes I had to wait a few minutes and they just appeared, without redoing the procedure.
Now, just to be sure, add a second alias and rename every “- entity a” with “- entity b”, restart the home assistant, then go on “https://console.actions.google.com/u/0/”, click on “Test draft” and then remove and add again your HA from the GH. That’s what I do every time my devices doesn’t show up

I did use two aliases, but only entity b 52 is showing up

switch.soundbar:
    emulated_hue: false
    google_assistant: true
    google_assistant_name: Soundbar
    aliases:
      - Soundbar
      - entity b 52

this I did not do before. The link is wrong

try not using the same name for google name and alias
sorry, the link is https://console.actions.google.com

how can I put 60 different names, its insane

lol, yes it is. Anyway, the google name is the keyword you will use to invoke the command and the first alias usually is used by GH answering to you. Try with a few entities if it works, don’t rename all the 60 names :wink:

but then if I unlink and relink I will need to find different aliases again and again and again (so not only entity a entity b, but also change the “correct” alias"???

What is strange is that until yesterday was working perfectly, so must be a change from google side, and maybe the HASS developer can fix it

no, every time you unlink and relink you only have to change
entity A to B to C, you only change the letter… or A to B to A to B