Google Assistant on 0.80.0b5

Hi,

I’m trying to setup Google Assistant for my HA setup (cloudless).
I currently have two problems; or for now one but I expect the 2nd problem will return.

Yesterday I configured HA 0.79.3 with Google Assistant and I was able to enable/disable the lights. However this only worked in English, as English is not my primary language it is a bit of a hassle. I would like to use it in my native language.

In my attempt to try out various things I broke the integration, I upgraded to 0.80.0b5 where a new way of connecting with Google is implemented.
After changing the settings according to Google Assistant - Home Assistant the integration now completely stopped working.
The devicelist in the Google Assistant app is empty after syncing, so I expect an authenticate is going wrong.
If I execute a request_sync I get the following error:

request_sync request failed: 404 b’{\n “error”: {\n “code”: 404,\n “message”: “Requested entity was not >found.”,\n “status”: “NOT_FOUND”\n }\n}\n’

Configuration.yaml:

google_assistant:
project_id: home-assistant-
api_key:
exposed_domains:

• switch
  • light
  • climate

Can someone help me out?

sorry no help. I’m in the middle of the same problem. Updated the Google Assistant settings to new configuration and now my device list is empty and syncing gives the 404 error.

Are you behind a reverse proxy? Because I experienxe also problems, can’t even authorize in 0.80 because of a redirect issue.

Yes I am, using the caddy addon. There is something about troubleshooting with NGINX in the docs. But this is not helping me.

I just discovered that after I get the message: the account is now linked, I get an error that something went wrong

Ok solved it! See post

Hey @Try2Fly

I have similar issues but when I link the test up in google home I see all devices.

When i make a change and call service to resync devices I’m getting
request_sync request failed: 404 b’{\n “error”: {\n “code”: 404,\n “message”: “Requested entity was not found.”,\n “status”: “NOT_FOUND”\n }\n}\n’

I have checked google app and looks it is running on the latest draft.

thanks

Make sure all the addresses in actions are correct and you can also use them in a normal webbrowser. Also change the URL under build>actions>actions.device and update the test version again. Other than that I don’t know. Maybe your API settings…

Hi,
i have the same issue
my address is ok
and i got the ame error

solve it
i missed

1. Open the Google Home app and go into Account > Settings > Assistant > Home Control .
  2. Click the + sign, and near the bottom, you should have [test] your app name listed under ‘Add new.’ Selecting that should lead you to a browser to login your Home Assistant instance, then redirect back to a screen where you can set rooms for your devices or nicknames for your devices

Hi @arkadius.koziel,

Facing the same problem, have you been able to resolve this issue yet?
I also found that each time I run the sync_service Google logs it as an error (see attached screenshot) but have not been able to figure out to see what is causing the errors.

I’m on version 0.84.5 btw.

Hello @mrWhite

Issue is still there but you can sync you devices by asking google to do so.
Just say “Hey Google, Update my devices”
All your new added devices should appear in Google Home app.

Hope that help.

Regards

Ah, didn’t know that. Works as told! Thanks for the advice!

1 Like