Google assistant setup?

Thanks I’ll change it and give it a shot.

please help

Use “sudo” before all commands

sudo chmod +x ./gactions

Also I got no such file also. It means its looking g in wrong folder for file.
Just use full file path. So if file is in /home/user/folder

Sudo chmod.+x /home/user/folder/gactions

Am I meant to have downloaded the x86 version and transfer to rpi then run command in folder location

Thanks… I changed it, and there aren’t any errors… But I’m trying to access my site with Https://mydomain.duckdns.org:8123, but it’s not working… If I use http it works fine… Any ideas?

I’m having another issue now… Everything is configured and working fine, but when I try and add it in the Google app, it shows up, and seems to work, but then it says loading and then claims a connection error. Ideas?

1 Like

Setting it up right now but what do you enter as a link to a privacy policy? Can anyone point me in the right direction how to do this easily?

You download the version for the system you’re going to run it on. You can download and run it on your Windows PC if you’d rather.

I just made up a link on the domain being used (/privacy.html).

Cool. Thanks. All working.

By they way; Can it also support thermostats and reading out sensor values?

Not currently, right now it’s only light/switch support. There’s a PR in for climate support though.

I just left it blank…

did you have a connection error issue?

I’m trying to set this up too but I’m always getting a 404 error when I"m trying to add the project in the Google Home app.
So https://HA_INSTALLATION/api/google_assistant/auth is throwing these errors.
Anybody have an idea on how to fix this?

Is it the couldn’t update check your connection error?

Gershy,
If this was a question to me I’ll answer it :-).
The error I get is a literal 404 error when trying to add it in the Google Home app.
It tries to go to my HA instance /api/google_assistant/auth but that returns a 404 error “not found”.

Oh right ok… I’m having a error which says couldn’t update, please check your connection…

For some reason it suddenly started working! No idea what the problem was to be honest…
Now I’m just looking into how to have it read me values of a sensor I have in here with MQTT

thats weird… mine still isnt working…

I had the same error, but then realised that I had updated the config.yaml file but not reloaded the configuration. Google assistant will try and verify the key in your YAML file and if you config isn’t the running config, it’ll give the 404 error.

@Gershy13 did you try running the test draft? I noticed that any changes you make on the Google Assistant app, don’t really take until you test/simulate it…

I ran into a few issues, and would like to point out that the ‘project_id’ in the yaml file must match the project name when you run the gactions update.