Google Assistant trouble shooting

Also got it working! Thanks!!!

@DavidFW1960 my 30 days passed, so i needed to enable testing again in the simulator
the trick like the posts above was not needed in my case
but, like i mentioned before, if enable testing again, i always need to unlink/link the (test) app again
because if i call i switch, i always have an error lile : looks like hassio … is not available, also sync my devices is givin an error
so i start the home app on adroid, unlink and link again, and good to go for 30 days

i dont know how you do it without unlinking/linking again :slightly_smiling_face:
well, 10 secs more work for me

I am in your same situation

@DavidFW1960 now did disable testing again manually , enabled it again , then i have the error on my google home devices : > not able to locate … my test app
so again i need to unlink / link again :slight_smile:

Crap, got the ghost devices again
Important, when you unlink, then do a “sync my devices” then link again… Otherwise you have those stupid ghost devices …

Thanks everyone, got mine working again.

I also tried using the gactions cli to update the project and it seems to work without having to unlink/link the test app again. I wonder if this also works for the 30 days limit. Should solve @pergola.fabio and others problem perhaps.

You can try it with ./gactions update --project PROJECTNAME --action_package ./actions.json

yes, and make an automation maybe

but i think it doesnt resolve my unlink/link again
so how is this for everyone else? if you enable/disable testing that you need to do anwyay after 30 days, do you need to unlink/link again? cant believe i am the only one :slight_smile:

It’s possible I have to do the unlink/link - I just don’t remember having to do that. As you say… 10 seconds extra.

But are you saying you were able to just click on the icon to start the test again and didn’t need to use the gactions?

indeed, no gactions for me needed

and you didn’t need to create a new draft like you normally do?

no, just clicked on “start testing” thats all, it created a new draft automaticly

if you now disable testing, you have the same bevaviour
i logged in, when i noticed at my house, the test app was dead
so logged in, and i noticed in top right corner, no draft was there, and testing disabled

let me know once your draft/test is dead, if you need unlink/link also, im interested in that
if you dont need todo that, then i need to investigate
and most important, if unlink/linking is not needed , we can now script it with an automation from HA to enable testing …

having the same issue with my installation “ GoogleFulfillment 'actions.fulfillment.devices' is not supported ”. I have followed the steps listed by “noelesther” but can’t place the file back once edited. I keep seeing
" PS D:\Downloads> ./gactions update --project homeproject --action_package ./action.json
2019/02/22 22:55:22 Error parsing action package file (./action.json): invalid character ‘ÿ’ looking for beginning of value"

I have doubled check the file / steps carried out but can’t work out where I am going wrong. Betting this is something simple but can’t see it, please assist

Oh darn I am so lost as the noob starting out with this. First Pi 3B+ arrived 2 days ago, and after pulling through with HA, configurator, Duck DNS and Samba share, I finally wanted to do something that fills rewarding in the end and tried to do this to get my google home minis somewhat “connected”. Glad I at least found this topic pretty fast when getting stuck on that error.
Problem now is that I am still such a newbie, that I am missing the VERY basics of this conversation. Well in the senese that I dont get your explanation of that gactions workaround... I probably did the dumbest thing off all since I dont know better yet. I downloaded the gactions exe, gave it administration permissions and openen it as administrator on my windows pc. Theres kinda a dos window popping up and vanishing again almost instantly. And I don`t get it :slight_smile: I assume I am approaching this totally wrong, do I have to get the linux version and run it on the Pi or what? Sorry but I am too new at this, I see you made all further details pretty much acessible here, it is just that I am not getting how to initiate it I think…

hi , see first post
dont just dubble click on gactions.exe :slight_smile: that doesnt do shit indeed :slight_smile:
so use the complete line in dosprompt, but offcourse drop the leading ./ , thats not needed in windows

1 Like

Hi nixdat. I just used the gaction workaround and it worked perfect for me. I think there is a small error in your code. Try to replace D:\Downloads> ./gactions update --project homeproject --action_package ./action.json with D:\Downloads> ./gactions update --project homeproject --action_package action.json

thank you MvA for your assistance but sorry no go same error

PS D:\Downloads> ./gactions update --project homeproject --action_package action.json
2019/02/22 23:01:35 Error parsing action package file (action.json): invalid character ‘ÿ’ looking for beginning of value

any other ideas?

Do you want to update or test? Maybe there is an error in your action.json file

not sure but the instruction above say to test. But update would make more sense as the “action.json” is being modified.

I just tried the update command but the result is the same
PS D:\Downloads> ./gactions update --project homeproject --action_package action.json
2019/02/22 23:16:08 Error parsing action package file (action.json): invalid character ‘ÿ’ looking for beginning of value

Open your action.json file in notepad++ (or a similar text editor) and change the encoding to ansi.